The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CHANGE over @ Ellusionist (276 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..26~27~28~29~30..33~34~35 [Next]
Griflex
View Profile
New user
North Wales UK
75 Posts

Profile of Griflex
Quote:
On Jul 18, 2015, writeall wrote:
I came here because the trick is sold out at Ellusionist. Don't want to read the whole thread though, so sorry if this has already been asked.

Any idea if they are going to get it back in stock again or not? Looks really stunning!

You should read the whole thread as it has saved me my hard earned and a lesson learnt in pre-order.... never again!
writeall
View Profile
Special user
Midland, Michigan
930 Posts

Profile of writeall
I figure I'd need two to do a color change that makes it appear two cards switch places, but I'm not sure if they are limiting sales or when they will have the product in again.

(Read the first couple pages.) Looks like this was a one time pre-order? So I'm stuck buying used only? I wonder why they still have the ad page up at Ellusionist then. Smile
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
As much as I dislike the cards as effects, they are very tough, so buying used you won't have to really worry about getting worn gimmicks, or the like.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of daniltan
Quote:
On Jul 19, 2015, writeall wrote:
I figure I'd need two to do a color change that makes it appear two cards switch places, but I'm not sure if they are limiting sales or when they will have the product in again.

(Read the first couple pages.) Looks like this was a one time pre-order? So I'm stuck buying used only? I wonder why they still have the ad page up at Ellusionist then. Smile

Read more. Even if the you in the past had made the pre-order, you might see him regretting that. Buying a used one? Maybe there about 986 pieces waiting to be sold out there.

Quote:
On Jul 10, 2015, emyers99 wrote:
I had great success with two of the gimmicks today. The color changing card makes a great coaster and I used the coin under the leg of a wobbly table at a restaurant. Both worked like a charm.

Ah, they're about 985 pieces approximately.
writeall
View Profile
Special user
Midland, Michigan
930 Posts

Profile of writeall
Buyer's remorse. One of the most common themes in magic.
Griflex
View Profile
New user
North Wales UK
75 Posts

Profile of Griflex
Quote:
On Jul 18, 2015, daniltan wrote:

Maybe there about 986 pieces waiting to be sold out there.

They are for sale on "Magic week" all ready LOL

FOR SALE:
Change by Lloyd Barnes Brand New (Bought 2 Sets from Ellusionist. Check it Out! ) £19
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6724 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:

Over-hyped products and dubious pre-orders. Two of the most common themes in magic today.

Doug
Griflex
View Profile
New user
North Wales UK
75 Posts

Profile of Griflex
Quote:
On Jul 18, 2015, Dougini wrote:
Quote:

Over-hyped products and dubious pre-orders. Two of the most common themes in magic today.

Doug

You will not get me pre-ordering again that's for sure...over the past 20 odd years of buying and performing magic I was happy with my magic tricks as I'm sure most of us receive effects and face the odd time disappointment but now this "pre-order craze" has come along and the majority of effects are getting very over hyped to induce our hard earned Smile
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Upon receiving "Change"

My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
I used to wonder how Ellusionist always maintained an A+ BBB rating despite many unresolved complaints, which eventually were wiped away. Don't trust BBB ratings.
https://ca.video.search.yahoo.com/video/......715&tt=b
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
writeall
View Profile
Special user
Midland, Michigan
930 Posts

Profile of writeall
Finally read a bit more of this thread...

You know what? I've got too many tricks already, the vast majority of which I don't perform anyhow.

I wonder if there is a worthwhile kickstarter or charity that accepts "money I would have wasted because of a stupid impulse?"
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1820 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
It is clear that E can't be trusted with both the trailers and the reviews as unless you give then a 5 stars , you review never see's the light of day

If you want to write a review that can't be deleted see this site

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Ellusionist
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
777 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2424 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
I have only ever ordered from them a few times. 3 times that's all. The 1st time was pure smoke. Joke to me for sure. Sold mine. Made to much noise. A down loade effect from the same guy that made this. Never did get it to work on my phone. Thay were not no help at all. The one thing that lived up to there add I got was phyo. Love it.
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Lloyd will be posting Live performances here on Wednesday for you.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4833 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jul 20, 2015, GeraintClarke wrote:

That would be nice. My only concern is since there has been so much dissatisfaction with CHANGE and claimed dishonesty with the ad by majority of the buyers, will the live video performances be stooged. There will be no way of us knowing the truth to this. When you MEGA-HYPE a product such as this and it obviously does not live up to the hype, the ones who were responsible will obviously do anything to gain credibility back.

Stooging live performances would be rather easy to do. But I hope this is not the route they go.
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
On Jul 20, 2015, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 20, 2015, GeraintClarke wrote:

That would be nice. My only concern is since there has been so much dissatisfaction with CHANGE and claimed dishonesty with the ad by majority of the buyers, will the live video performances be stooged. There will be no way of us knowing the truth to this. When you MEGA-HYPE a product such as this and it obviously does not live up to the hype, the ones who were responsible will obviously do anything to gain credibility back.

Stooging live performances would be rather easy to do. But I hope this is not the route they go.

Great question and good concern. I think the majority of crowds plays a factor on the Café. A good 70% of people jumping in to complain here are just here on this thread to add fuel to the fire and don't own change. Then some people were dissatisfied before they'd even got their package because a few people didn't like it. Then it snowballed.

The ones that have posted on this thread to say they liked it have been called liars.

It probably doesn't help that Lloyd and Myself have been in Italy, with some assuming that we've just ignored you, rather than us just being busy professionals.

Which brings me on to this ...... The LIVE performances were shot in Italy. On some laymen, stewards at FISM, magicians we'd just met etc etc. We don't stooge performances. We fly magicians all over the world to capture great lives in London, NYC, San Fran etc etc.

As it happens we had a camera and two packets of CHANGE, so we spent a few hours performing for some magicians we met, which led into performing for some stewards who were watching from a far, which led into laymen who were walking (or cycling past) stopping to enjoy some magic too.

The short answer is. NO. We don't stooge lives, never will and certainly wouldn't stooge them based on some negative feedback.

Change is being used for people's showreels, youtube accounts, social media marketing and in their shows. The people that saw AN application for it, just went off an did it. Whether it was performing with it, or just using it to market themselves with incredible visuals if they didn't feel comfortable performing it.

Great question though!

- G.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Geraint, that's a load of crap. But you have no rational retreat. Funny that the instructional DVD had a good deal of sub-par magic...but this was the best Ellusionist could put out for these. Now you're essentially admitting that there is no way on god's green earth that they are going to change magic (forever), but they might get some related uses for it. Unreal.

Quote:
A good 70% of people jumping in to complain here are just here on this thread to add fuel to the fire and don't own change.

Tell us how you know this. Don't just assert it - show it.

Quote:
Then some people were dissatisfied before they'd even got their package because a few people didn't like it.

Really? There were surely certain people who saw the first reviews who wondered about what they would be getting, but I can't believe you're suggesting that people are unable to make a decision for themselves about the usefulness of change. Again, you have nothing to say except to deflect blame to others.

Quote:
Then it snowballed.

With good reason! It stinks, and E's marketing stank even more.

Quote:
The ones that have posted on this thread to say they liked it have been called liars.

Sadly, there has been some of that...on both sides...but that doesn't excuse E, does it? You're trying to deflect blame - again - its not Ellusionists fault! Its the fault of the buyers! What a load!

Quote:
It probably doesn't help that Lloyd and Myself have been in Italy, with some assuming that we've just ignored you, rather than us just being busy professionals.

LOL! So, you guys *haven't* ignored this topic? There is no internet in Italy? Lloyd was just too busy to post something? What could he possibly say?

Ellusionist hurt their reputation and those who are connected with marketing Change.
Jupiter47
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of Jupiter47
It seems as though Ellusionist have added another 1000 units for pre order - in conjunction with the SWE deck
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
A good 70% of people jumping in to complain here are just here on this thread to add fuel to the fire and don't own change.

As I previously stated, I question this, but even if it were true, what would it change? There were lots of people who commeted in this topic (and 2 others) that didn't like "Change". That's business - a product comes out, followed by reviews, and people buy more or buy less based on those reviews. "Change" is getting poor marks from its owners. There are non-owners commenting (this is a chat forum, after all), but many of these comments have been about pre-ordering, Ellusionists (inconsistent) ethics, etc...

But while some people have gone into great and specific detail regarding their negative feelings toward "Change," you seem more intent on blaming others (just as one of the staff at Ellusionist forums did...I guess the brain trust at E have decided that this will be their stock answer: blame others). Lloyd has yet to challenge any of the reviews, but this is not surprising. Once again, what can he possibly say?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CHANGE over @ Ellusionist (276 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..26~27~28~29~30..33~34~35 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL