The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CHANGE over @ Ellusionist (278 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19..23..26..29..32..33~34~35 [Next]
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Jaime, that actually happened before people who ordered the first 999 received theirs.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Thanks for the clarification Chessmann.

So more pre-orders on top of pre-orders. For this tripe. 1940s technology!

I've never laughed so much in my life.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On Jul 5, 2015, Jamie Ferguson wrote:

I've never laughed so much in my life.

Ah, go choke on a haggis, Ferguson Smile
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
He he, nice one Chessmann!
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Hey you could always drown your sorrows with a beer..
http://www.playingcardsonly.co.uk/buy/fi......fect.htm

Though I think these will be more appropriate for most receiving CHANGE, I can see buyers turning from a man to a beast filled with rage Smile
https://coinsforanything.com/store/speci......ng-cards
seanksutton
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of seanksutton
Just saw Lloyd teasing what looks to be Chabge volume 2 on his Instagram. It's a face change like the blue to red color change on volume 1 and a red to blue color change that happens while the card sits on the deck. Bet this information changes a lot, lol.
seanksutton
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of seanksutton
Just saw Lloyd teasing what looks to be Chabge volume 2 on his Instagram. It's a face change like the blue to red color change on volume 1 and a red to blue color change that happens while the card sits on the deck. Bet this changes everybody's view. lol. Jk.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
The red-blue change seems no different than the current version. If they have made no improvements to the gimmicks for a second version, their marketing better change if Ellusionist desire to maintain what credibility they have currently brought themselves to.
seanksutton
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of seanksutton
Quote:
On Jul 5, 2015, Chessmann wrote:
The red-blue change seems no different than the current version. If they have made no improvements to the gimmicks for a second version, their marketing better change if Ellusionist desire to maintain what credibility they have currently brought themselves to.

Sure it's different! It's blue to red instead of red to blue! Smile
Fin
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Fin
Ha! I just found the version of this "revolutionary new concept" that I had when I was at primary school, back in the mid 80's! Anyone else have one of these? Now back then, it really DID change my life, and it really WAS the last ruler I ever needed!

Perhaps, Lloyd Barnes, it might be a good idea to actually do some research before making your next batch of ridiculous, wild claims. (see 2007 lenticular playing card link above)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sRppN0mXzA
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of daniltan
Just watched the vid from his instagram. The 2nd face change is awful and revealing too much IMO. I wonder why he posted it. Looks so good on the camera. But, when the spec moves around it will looks like a glitch (like on the 2nd face change). To anyone who used to see this on his/her childhood's ruler will know how it works that instantly. Using the rest of the deck and covering a little with a finger or two will surely help (like the back change on his video).
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of daniltan
I assume the next or "the next-next" volume, they going to make a random card changes into a spec's card with her signature on it. That'll have a greater value than what they've right now. Just my assumption, though..
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
I'm having issues with my account so I can only post from one computer currently.

Wow has this thread gone to crap... literally!

The more I play with it, the more I love it. Again, the angles are very easy to understand especially once you've had a friend help.

For the people who used it and got a bad reaction, it's probably from a bad performance with no meaning attached. Of course they aren't going to be blown away if you just say, "Look at what this cad can do... cool huh?"

I came up with a slightly goofy presentation but it at least makes it a little meaningful and makes it entertaining for the spectators. Here's the video of the presentation if anyone wants to see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4XCTK3kJRE

And yes, it works just as good (or better) in person than on camera.

I wasn't burned by this product, I knew exactly what I was getting and I knew what the angle requirements would be. I think $30 is a very fair price for a well made gimmick. The people I have performed it for (in person and not on camera) have been very impressed by it. It doesn't seem like a lenticular lense when performed properly. Just like any other gimmick, if it isn't used properly, of course it will be obvious what it is. If someone uses a thumb tip badly, it becomes painful obvious for the layperson that there's a fake thumb. If it is used well, even magicians will be fooled by its applications.

People are treating this differently than other gimmicks and not giving it even a quarter of the time they give other gimmicks. Crazy.
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
Maddy,

Nice video!

- Steve
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Maddy, the card looked more than half blue before you changed it to fully blue (I even caught what looked to be a flash of purple, at one point). It looked more like a lighting change than a color change. Check the look of the regular cards vs. the look of the gaffed card prior to the change. It is already half blue...it really is a significant difference. And you know, that's not necessarily an angle problem. It could be a lighting problem. You clearly thought you had a good angle, but the gaff was done in more likely by the lighting (it could have been an angle mis-calculation, though).

But all of this is not a case of "not knowing the angles". The angles are only 1 of many problems - there are things that sabotage the angles!

I know what you're trying to say re: gimmicks, but TTs don't reflect light when they shouldn't, aren't designed to be handled openly, TTs are not the trick - they are not what the audience sees and is focused on.

The video demonstrates that even on video in a carefully managed situation, "Change" is too likely to change on you.

You do come across great, have an engaging personality, and clearly enjoy what you do. That was definitely nice!
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Edit
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On Jul 6, 2015, TheAmazingSteveo wrote:
Maddy,

Nice video!

- Steve

Thanks Steve!

Quote:
On Jul 6, 2015, Chessmann wrote:
Maddy, the card looked more than half blue before you changed it to fully blue (I even caught what looked to be a flash of purple, at one point). It looked more like a lighting change than a color change. Check the look of the regular cards vs. the look of the gaffed card prior to the change. It is already half blue...it really is a significant difference. And you know, that's not necessarily an angle problem. It could be a lighting problem. You clearly thought you had a good angle, but the gaff was done in more likely by the lighting (it could have been an angle mis-calculation, though).

But all of this is not a case of "not knowing the angles". The angles are only 1 of many problems - there are things that sabotage the angles!

I know what you're trying to say re: gimmicks, but TTs don't reflect light when they shouldn't, aren't designed to be handled openly, TTs are not the trick - they are not what the audience sees and is focused on.

The video demonstrates that even on video in a carefully managed situation, "Change" is too likely to change on you.

You do come across great, have an engaging personality, and clearly enjoy what you do. That was definitely nice!

I agree with the colorization issue. It's one reason I think this is actually easier to perform in person than on camera. On camera, you can rewind, over analyze, and get glares from the screen. Also, the angles are different performing for a camera than for real people. The camera just faces forward (or at least mine does.) People's eyes (at the proper angle) slightly look down on the card. That is the main issue with the colorization in the video. I didn't fully account for the straighter eye of the camera. Regardless, I thought it would be good to demonstrate that most laymen don't notice the difference in color.

And lay audience DON'T notice the difference in color of red. (Believe me.) The most hopeful thing my friend taught me was to be sure to not show the top card of the deck as the change happens otherwise they have something to compare the color to.

It remind me of misled. The color of the gimmick never matched my pencil perfectly. The color was off. However there was always a bill between the two colors so that they couldn't be compared side by side. Magicians are MUCH more used to the colors of cards than laymen.

But thanks for the compliments. I really do appreciate it Smile
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Great presentation/performance Maddy! It'd be great if the card were green at the end Smile
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On Jul 6, 2015, Sashac wrote:
Great presentation/performance Maddy! It'd be great if the card were green at the end Smile

Thanks Sasha Smile

And I actually thought about that! I just didn't have any other colored cards on hand. But I think it's something that should be added!
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
You're welcome for the compliments, they are certainly deserved.

I wasn't so much concerned about the difference between the color of the gaff and the rest of the deck as I was just the color of the card prior to the change, as it simply wasn't anything that could be called red Smile

The video did remind me very much of the test with that same card I mentioned earlier in the topic, which was live. 3 feet to one side, 3 feet to the other, 3 more feet back...all different. Nothing wrong with one on one magic, but its not just angles, it is light, too. There can be answers for these things, but I feel they lack real consistency. Kind of like Bop-A-Mole. You get one, but then another pops up somewhere else Smile

And for me, it is not just the CC Card, of course, but the set, as a whole. I have still lower opinions of the ear bud card and the angels card.

Keep working, though. If Bob Kohler could make "Killer Red Caps" look good...!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CHANGE over @ Ellusionist (278 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19..23..26..29..32..33~34~35 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL