The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CHANGE over @ Ellusionist (278 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18~19~20..33~34~35 [Next]
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On Jul 6, 2015, Chessmann wrote:
You're welcome for the compliments, they are certainly deserved.

I wasn't so much concerned about the difference between the color of the gaff and the rest of the deck as I was just the color of the card prior to the change, as it simply wasn't anything that could be called red Smile

The video did remind me very much of the test with that same card I mentioned earlier in the topic, which was live. 3 feet to one side, 3 feet to the other, 3 more feet back...all different. Nothing wrong with one on one magic, but its not just angles, it is light, too. There can be answers for these things, but I feel they lack real consistency. Kind of like Bop-A-Mole. You get one, but then another pops up somewhere else Smile

And for me, it is not just the CC Card, of course, but the set, as a whole. I have still lower opinions of the ear bud card and the angels card.

Keep working, though. If Bob Kohler made "Killer Red Caps" look good...!

Yea I hate the earbud card. Useless in my eyes.

And all fair enough. I'm not trying to convince you it's incredible (or certainly not the thing that will 'change your magic forever.') But I do think people deserve to hear both sides of the story, because for me, it's worth it. I understand you hate it, but I don't! I think it's a pretty good and fun gimmick that looks super clean.

For those that hate it, fair enough! I just think some should at least consider it a little longer before they immediately throw it into their crap drawer.
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
931 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
I wish I could just buy "trance" card alone lol.

I feel as if that's the only one I'd actually consider using.
Creator of the UBT: Underground Bottom Tear

pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jul 5, 2015, Chessmann wrote:
Jaime, that actually happened before people who ordered the first 999 received theirs.

Chessman. You'll have to excuse Jamie. He's always late on his scoops. Smile
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Yes, on this occasion I was behind the curve.

But not so far behind compared to people that ordered a 1930/40s style lenticular hoping for the next big thing.

Nevertheless, I will try harder next time.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
MorrisCH
View Profile
Veteran user
393 Posts

Profile of MorrisCH
After watching Maddys video, I have the erge to buy this product now... I just finish watching Insideout and it got me thinking along same line. great video, truly
Bowevil
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Bowevil
@Maddy-Wonderful video, even though I knew the change was coming it really looked great! Dare I say it even looked like.. "magic".
robd
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of robd
Quote:
On Jul 6, 2015, Bowevil wrote:
@Maddy-Wonderful video, even though I knew the change was coming it really looked great! Dare I say it even looked like.. "magic".

Yep, that was a great video.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On Jul 6, 2015, Bowevil wrote:

Thank you Bowevil. It is a great product in my mind when given the proper attention!

Quote:
On Jul 6, 2015, MorrisCH wrote:
After watching Maddys video, I have the erge to buy this product now... I just finish watching Insideout and it got me thinking along same line. great video, truly

Great idea to use a presentation with Inside Out (which is an INCREDIBLE movie just FYI to those who haven't seen it.)

Quote:
On Jul 6, 2015, robd wrote:

Yep, that was a great video.

Thank you Rob Smile
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Excellent performance Maddy , very engaging personality too well done 👌
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1378 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
I've still not had a dispatch confirmation but in fairness to Lloyd; what I am getting from the comments is actually, one on one and to camera; you are going to get a nice visual moment, but its not workable in the traditional sense, or at least not without very very careful management of your audience and not for a huge viewing angle. I still think it looks pretty cool for the right moment. I cant help but think if the bold claims had been toned down a bit and perhaps the severe restrictions were mentioned in the ad copy; E would have still sold 2000 of them and not ended up looking like they've tried to pull the wool over their customer's eyes.

I genuienly think that whilst the secret needs protecting; if there are big restrictions, it is the decent thing to mention them so people can make an informed decision whether it is for them or not. It wont bother a big company Like E but I would suggest this is a master class in a) how to flog a lot of units quickly but also b) how to antagonise some of your customer base.

You'd need big b**ls to try the same approach. ALl I would say to E is; if you come out saying "its going to change the face of magic" make sure your claims are water tight becasue as you know; people will look to shoot you down at every opportnity.
magic_tony
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of magic_tony
Quote:
On Jul 6, 2015, Paul S Wingham wrote:
I genuinely think that whilst the secret needs protecting; if there are big restrictions, it is the decent thing to mention them so people can make an informed decision whether it is for them or not.

Performance restrictions should be stated regardless of the secret. But they never will be, in general, as long as magicians contiue to put up with magic producer's/dealer's deceptive and dishonest marketing.

Magic Maddy: Seems like youtube has cut the audio from your video? Regardless of the presentation, I reckon spectators will simply think this is a 'special card'.

Does the card look perfectly normal at close-up viewing distances? It's impossible to tell on video.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Quote:
On Jul 6, 2015, magic_tony wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 6, 2015, Paul S Wingham wrote:
I genuinely think that whilst the secret needs protecting; if there are big restrictions, it is the decent thing to mention them so people can make an informed decision whether it is for them or not.

Performance restrictions should be stated regardless of the secret. But they never will be, in general, as long as magicians contiue to put up with magic producer's/dealer's deceptive and dishonest marketing.

Magic Maddy: Seems like youtube has cut the audio from your video? Regardless of the presentation, I reckon spectators will simply think this is a 'special card'.

Does the card look perfectly normal at close-up viewing distances? It's impossible to tell on video.

The audio on his youtube video is not cut, it must be your computer
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Nice effort as usual Maddy.

I agree with a previous poster that even with the controlled angles, the card had some early distortion (blue/purple from the right hand side as viewed on screen).

Still, if you and others are happy, then that is a good thing.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jul 6, 2015, puggo wrote:
Nice effort as usual Maddy.

I agree with a previous poster that even with the controlled angles, the card had some early distortion (blue/purple from the right hand side as viewed on screen).

Still, if you and others are happy, then that is a good thing.

I to agree. Very nice presentation Maddy but I am not impressed with how the card looks. And that's on video! Wander what it looks like live.

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
To be honest the first time I watched it I didn't even notice the slight early colour change , it's only the benefit of watching it again and again then sure I can see what you mean . A spectator will only see it once so they most likely will view it like I did first time adding to that I hadn't a clue what the effect was so didn't know was coming anyway . This is exactly as a spectators perspective as well IMO
altrez
View Profile
Loyal user
Kentucky
218 Posts

Profile of altrez
Just got Change in the mail and I am disappointed to say the least. The cards stand out like a sore thumb unless you are 3 feet away and in good lighting. I made a short video and they look good with the right lighting. Of course you could never hand theses out that's a given but they look so different from the other cards that you need to keep them moving and blend them into the deck as much as possible.

Will give them some more time and see if I can find a way to use them. However shame on Ellusionist for the very misleading hype on this product. And the fact no one from there has bothered to come on here and explain why why they did not list of the angle and lighting restrictions with this product just blows my mind.

-Altrez
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I should have mentioned this earlier. If you really want to do a cool color change, check out Michael Paul's Flicker: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S11382

Ungimmicked card. You get to use fire. Signed red card changes to blue and then back to red. Really is the same ungimmicked card. Only downside is that you pretty much ruin a card every time you do it because you will be using fire, but flicker really does look like trick photography and there are no gimmicks or angle restrictions of any kind. And, at least at the time I reviewed it when it came out, I'm not aware of anyone else ever exploring the method.
pelicantrapper
View Profile
Regular user
VA
193 Posts

Profile of pelicantrapper
Quote:
On Jul 5, 2015, seanksutton wrote:
Just saw Lloyd teasing what looks to be Chabge volume 2 on his Instagram. It's a face change like the blue to red color change on volume 1 and a red to blue color change that happens while the card sits on the deck. Bet this changes everybody's view. lol. Jk.

If they made a face changing card AND sold it as a single. That might actually work and be useful. The front prints look better than the back prints.
Nice video Maddy.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
I love flicker
pelicantrapper
View Profile
Regular user
VA
193 Posts

Profile of pelicantrapper
Quote:
On Jul 6, 2015, emyers99 wrote:
I should have mentioned this earlier. If you really want to do a cool color change, check out Michael Paul's Flicker: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S11382

Ungimmicked card. You get to use fire. Signed red card changes to blue and then back to red. Really is the same ungimmicked card. Only downside is that you pretty much ruin a card every time you do it because you will be using fire, but flicker really does look like trick photography and there are no gimmicks or angle restrictions of any kind. And, at least at the time I reviewed it when it came out, I'm not aware of anyone else ever exploring the method.

This Looks really good. I also can recommend WOW 2.0. It really does make people say WOW. Or the plain old Shape Shifter. "No move" color changes are cool, but I believe it is the wave of the hand or a small gesture that really makes it magical. For example , waving variations of the classic color change with open fingers.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CHANGE over @ Ellusionist (278 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18~19~20..33~34~35 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL