The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CHANGE over @ Ellusionist (276 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21~22~23..33~34~35 [Next]
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
Has anybody had problems getting to the tutorial video? It keeps saying "page not found" after I typed in what it says in the package. Can't watch tutorial at all.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2015, nattefrost wrote:
Has anybody had problems getting to the tutorial video? It keeps saying "page not found" after I typed in what it says in the package. Can't watch tutorial at all.

I had the same thing happen to me, but I'd just entered the url in wrong. Maybe they are updating their instruction tutorial?
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
DVYRCKT
View Profile
New user
L.A./Nashville
72 Posts

Profile of DVYRCKT
Natte,

The link works fine! Just checked it for you, try all caps lock on the final numbers.

Trust me, you are not missing anything on the videos.

- Davey
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8203 Posts

Profile of pegasus
The instructional video should be changed to give the buyer instructions on how to pursue a full refund.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
2991 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2015, pegasus wrote:
The instructional video should be changed to give the buyer instructions on how to pursue a full refund.

Ha! Nice.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Merenkov
View Profile
Elite user
404 Posts

Profile of Merenkov
Pegasus, you are killing me, lol!
Calvin826
View Profile
Elite user
426 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
Still don't understand how this sold as many(allegedly) as it did. End of day, this is a color/card change. Tell me again what is so impressive about this over a well executed sleight of hand version? And why would you want to spend so much time figuring out angles for something that will never be 100%, or even close, when, for 3 bux, you can invest your practice time learning this:

http://shop.dananddave.com/erdnase-color-change.html

This is what 'visual' should look like. This is real magic. The CHANGE gimmick, and other products like it are garbage. I don't care who says differently, they are wrong.
DaVinci
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of DaVinci
Yesterday I had a chance to watch this at my magi buddies place. Despite the fact that this trick is unusable in real world, I was quite disappointed by the quality of the explanations. Brad should buy a cam with auto focus, since he doesn't seem to be able to focus properly. It was a pain for eyes to watch this. Very poor Ellusionist!
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4796 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jul 8, 2015, Calvin826 wrote:
Still don't understand how this sold as many(allegedly) as it did.

HYPE + PRE-ORDER = sales
2012multimagic
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of 2012multimagic
Sorry but I'm kinda confused ... Reading this thread over the past few days has really surprised how people didn't realise this is just "YouTube" magic ! ... Too me it was obvious you need certain lightning conditions and defiantly angle restricted after watching the trailer !!! Why were people disappointed when receiving the effect ? ... Did they expect real magic ? .. Don't get me wrong .. I wouldn't touch this with a barge pole .. It's rubbish .. Not worth a penny unless you will perform it to one person at a time and ask them to stand 10 feet back and not move when you do "the change" lol ... Looks like another lesson learnt for some of you guys out there ...
hey guys !!!... looking forward to joining this community.. some WILL hate me.. some MAY love me ... enjoy !!!...

www.youtube.com/2012multimagic
www.twitter.com/2014multumagic
www.instagram.com/illusions2015
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brŕth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Quote:
On Jul 8, 2015, pegasus wrote:

Funniest post of the thread! Smile

Nice one pegasus.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Lou Cirulli
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of Lou Cirulli
Just got this in the mail. WHAT....A PIECE....OF CRAP!!!!!!!
2012multimagic
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of 2012multimagic
Will people NEVER learn ..... Really have no sympathy for the people that got midsold this ... Very clear from the start of the trailer this was one of the worst "effects" in the last ten years ... Oh .. And it's released by Ellusionist ?!??!? ...
hey guys !!!... looking forward to joining this community.. some WILL hate me.. some MAY love me ... enjoy !!!...

www.youtube.com/2012multimagic
www.twitter.com/2014multumagic
www.instagram.com/illusions2015
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1364 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
In fairness to purchasers; the creators publicly said its workable. Now; in my mind, workable doesn't suggest you need to be one on one with the person straignt in front of you. Yeah sure you can to an extent manipulate people, but equally, people are unpredictable. I think people probably knew what they were getting, but didn't realise the implimentation of said method, meant that angles and lighting were so problematic.

I only bought it for a video show reel, and assuming everything being said is true; once I am done with it I will a) give it to the kids as I am sure they will love this sort of thing or b) stick the cards in a nice little frame / mount as I think they look pretty cool; even if they arent usable in the real world.

However; just a word of advice. from what I hear; the headphone card doesn't actually fully disapear? which it is clearly supposed to. I am fairly certain that makes the product faulty and on that basis, I am fairly certain that paypal would uphold a request for a full refund via their resolution centre.....Just saying!
Jack Straw
View Profile
Special user
Wichita
870 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
When they file their 2015 taxes it better show up there as selling 1,998!

Minus any returns, of course.

But I'll make sure that the IRS knows how many they sold.
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brŕth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Quote:
On Jul 8, 2015, Critisizer wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 8, 2015, Jack Straw wrote:
When they file their 2015 taxes it better show up there as selling 1,998!

Minus any returns, of course.

But I'll make sure that the IRS knows how many they sold.

Good one! Smile

Genius!
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Robmonster
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Robmonster
Quote:
On Jul 8, 2015, 2012multimagic wrote:
Sorry but I'm kinda confused ... Reading this thread over the past few days has really surprised how people didn't realise this is just "YouTube" magic ! ... Too me it was obvious you need certain lightning conditions and defiantly angle restricted after watching the trailer !!! Why were people disappointed when receiving the effect ? ... Did they expect real magic ? .. Don't get me wrong .. I wouldn't touch this with a barge pole .. It's rubbish .. Not worth a penny unless you will perform it to one person at a time and ask them to stand 10 feet back and not move when you do "the change" lol ... Looks like another lesson learnt for some of you guys out there ...

No, they probably expected what the advertising body told them it was, and that it adhered to what Lloyd and Geraint said it would do.
Jack Straw
View Profile
Special user
Wichita
870 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
Exactly, Robmonster.

Lloyd and Geraint came on here talking it up and stating that they used it in the real world, so we believed them.

While I was very disappointed in "Change", I am highly impressed with Lloyd and Geraint's vanish abilities!

I'd probably pay $1,000 to learn how to do that.
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
Paul- no, the headphone card does not totally disappear, plus I'm having trouble matching the line to the line on the card. They could have done without the black "shadow line" I think and just kept it all white. And thanks for the help on the link guys, I'm going to try it again, even though I'm not missing much from what I hear...
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
I have seen this happen before. (Hidden Hand, etc), the first page or 2 of the thread the product is the best thing since the invention of the wheel, the creator is involved in the thread, posts things, then the thread does a complete flip flop and the product becomes the worst thing since "Braco's Floating Ball", and you don't hear anything anymore from the creator. It would really help the image of the creator to just return to the thread and address the issues everyone is having, even if they are unsolvable. It would make them seem a little more credible.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CHANGE over @ Ellusionist (276 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21~22~23..33~34~35 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.66 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL