The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CHANGE over @ Ellusionist (276 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..25~26~27~28~29..33~34~35 [Next]
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1364 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
Whilst I can smile about this whole thing; the marketing tactics are in my opinion; unforgivable and if my son had saved his money up to buy this; I'd have an issue with them. I said somewhere else; its like going to a diy shop and buying a drill. Then when you get home, you discover the drill will only drill holes through paper. They didn't lie to you; you got a drill, but they should explain the limitations in my opinion.
robwar0100
View Profile
Inner circle
Buy me some newspapers.Purchase for me 1 Gazette and
1748 Posts

Profile of robwar0100
I am not sure how to manufacture this type of thing at home. Does anyone here? I was wondering, if this was used hundreds of times in the real-world, how was the original one made?

Not sure, but I have no clue how to make just one that I would use and try out.

Bobby
"My definition of chance is my hands on the wheel," Greg Long.
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1364 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
I think it'd be cheaper / easier to just buy it than it would be to make it. It's not an easy process as far as I am aware and in fariness to E; the quality of the cards isn't really the issue with this trick, it was the agreesive marketing, the clever play on words suggesting there would only be 999 and the main issue that they totally ommitted the fact that you basically need someone to stand at a specific distance from you and to not move left and right / ip and down to perform this, without fear of being caught.
ReviewerMaster
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of ReviewerMaster
Bought into the hype. The quality of cards are quite good. But definitely not workable.. only if they had pointed out it's meant for social media promote, then I'd be a much happier customer.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3319 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Jul 15, 2015, robwar0100 wrote:
I am not sure how to manufacture this type of thing at home. Does anyone here? I was wondering, if this was used hundreds of times in the real-world, how was the original one made?

Not sure, but I have no clue how to make just one that I would use and try out.

Bobby

That was my point. They could have explained the principle and sold the gimmicks. Most everyone would have been happy, but they would have sold a lot less of them. There was no real reason to not disclose the technique except as a marketing ploy.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
magicshowprod
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle, WA
109 Posts

Profile of magicshowprod
The whole debacle has caused me to take Ellusion off of my buying list. And I won't be doing anymore preordering. I had to sit on my buying hand this morning after learning about some new card magic that is coming out.

Kind of a shame this whole thing had to happen.
Don Shock
The Magical World of Don Shock
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4833 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jul 15, 2015, magicshowprod wrote:
The whole debacle has caused me to take Ellusion off of my buying list. And I won't be doing anymore preordering. I had to sit on my buying hand this morning after learning about some new card magic that is coming out.

Kind of a shame this whole thing had to happen.

It is a shame. But this was not an isolated incident. This happens a lot in magic. We as buyers have to learn how to turn our compulsive obsessive switch off, lol.
Spartan21
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Spartan21
Has anyone managed to get their postage refunded? Ellusionist are only willing to repay the cost and wouldn't even compensate with a free download.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6724 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On Jul 14, 2015, robd wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 14, 2015, Dougini wrote:
Just to be fair to Ellusionist, ignore their hype!

So we should be fair to them by ignoring what they say themselves, in their own advertising material, about their own product?

It really makes me sick. I get hyped all the time in my email. I just trash 'em. All of 'em. I know what I want when I want it. Ellusionist really stepped on their d*** this time!

Doug
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
777 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
The reviews from the 3rd to 10th July = 12 only and no negative feed back. They tell us they have had overwhelming positive feed back and they are out of stock on the first batch.

I wonder where all the other reviews are,Mmmmm makes you wonder doesn't it...Could there be a reason why they are not showing us all the reviews considering they sold out on the first run,over 1000 sold that = only 12 reviews and they range from 3 stars to 5 stars and not one "BAD REVIEW" and yet magiccafe members are 95% or more negative reviews.Is it us on the Café that are wrong, or is someone telling us lies. Mmmmm I wonder !!!

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
robwar0100
View Profile
Inner circle
1748 Posts

Profile of robwar0100
My question regarding how to make them was not so I could make it myself. I see no sense in using this as a gimmick for a real magic presentation. I think as a kid's item, it might be fun as a puzzle, but I was not looking for a puzzle, rather a game-changer of an effect.

The question was how in the world does someone make up a prototype and use it hundreds of times in the real world? What does hundreds of times mean? Go to a club and show everybody? I am in a small market, but I am top of mind when it comes to finding a magician in my area. I am the go-to guy. Having said that, I do dozens of shows a year, which makes it difficult to do anything hundreds of times in the real world.

Bobby
Fin
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Fin
Live demo..... still waiting..... Lloyd?.... LLOYD? Smile
Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
616 Posts

Profile of Bill08
Quote:
On Jul 15, 2015, robwar0100 wrote:
I was wondering, if this was used hundreds of times in the real-world, how was the original one made?

Bobby

Good point. Probably would cost the same to produce 1 as it would to produce 100
MichaelJae
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of MichaelJae
Did someone ask for a live demo? Here's one.

https://youtu.be/upj_Uh4ZKgM
Galileo
View Profile
Elite user
Somerville MA
431 Posts

Profile of Galileo
Ellusionist constantly shows no concern about the practicality of the products it sells, or care for the customers it caters to. I'm hoping others will stop buying from them and encouraging this sort of irresponsible behavior.
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1346 Posts

Profile of barts185
I saw some people wondering if it was still for sale since the original page no longer works. It seems like they changed the page name, not sure if they changed the ad copy.

http://www.ellusionist.com/change-by-lloyd-barnes.html

I see that http://www.ellusionist.com/change.html redirects to the new page, not sure if it always did.

Still only 12 reviews - I guess no one wants to review it. Smile
robwar0100
View Profile
Inner circle
1748 Posts

Profile of robwar0100
Quote:
On Jul 16, 2015, MichaelJae wrote:
Did someone ask for a live demo? Here's one.

https://youtu.be/upj_Uh4ZKgM

Michael,

Thanks for the live demo, but after watching it, I feel like someone did stick it to me.

Bobby
Griflex
View Profile
New user
North Wales UK
75 Posts

Profile of Griflex
I bought this on a pre-order...I live in the UK and had to pay the high shipping costs...Ellusionist had not shipped my item on the Wednesday after the date of release so I cancelled my order as I had changed my mind after the early bad reviews on here...Ellusionist said they could not cancel my order due to the volume of orders of this effect as it would take too long to process and they would have to ship it to me in the UK and when I receive it ship it back to them at my cost to then get my refund!!!!....This I told them was totally unacceptable with regards to distance selling laws and I insisted on my full refund...I also filed a dispute with Paypal siting what I have just said and within 2 hours got my full refund.
writeall
View Profile
Special user
Midland, Michigan
930 Posts

Profile of writeall
I came here because the trick is sold out at Ellusionist. Don't want to read the whole thread though, so sorry if this has already been asked.

Any idea if they are going to get it back in stock again or not? Looks really stunning!
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1788 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Quote:
On Jul 18, 2015, writeall wrote:
I came here because the trick is sold out at Ellusionist. Don't want to read the whole thread though, so sorry if this has already been asked.

Any idea if they are going to get it back in stock again or not? Looks really stunning!

You really should read through the thread if you plan on purchasing it in this instance.....
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
SNAPS | You Know | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CHANGE over @ Ellusionist (276 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..25~26~27~28~29..33~34~35 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL