The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CHANGE over @ Ellusionist (273 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..30~31~32~33~34~35 [Next]
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1757 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Jul 23, 2015, tomsk192 wrote:
You've all been had! Come on, really?

I remember getting such things in cereal packets in the 1980's.

Lloyd Barnes? Ha! His track record is appalling, just look. And Ellusionist? They are a bunch of utter w*nkers.

What grown man or woman ordered this dross? Are you insane? Are you drooling at the mouth?

You have only yourselves to blame.

Have to agree even if they do bring ocassional good item out , the fact is the customer service at E is the a Lowest of The Low

So even if you do get the odd good product plus Bad Customer Service

= Avoid at All Costs !
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1316 Posts

Profile of barts185
Quote:
On Jul 23, 2015, CarlMcCoy wrote:
Well I've never had anything other than excellent customer service from them.
And I've been a customer since Brad first set the site up.

I've always found that being polite and courteous gets you a long way in life*

*Obviously I'm not like that on here, but here is a wholly different kettle of fish and those fish often deserve it. Neither was I particularly directing my comment to you Barts. However I've often wondered if some of the people on here actually act the same way in real life. If so...it'd be why they get nowhere.

Rightso, another pot stirred...I'm off to grab a cold one from the fridge.

I agree about being polite and courteous when dealing with a customer. I wasn't the one that was impolite in that exchange - they were. I (the potential customer) simply contacted them asking why I no longer saw the sale price and got a less than wonderful response.
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1355 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
Quote:

Lloyd Barnes? Ha! His track record is appalling, just look. And Ellusionist? They are a bunch of utter w*nkers.

What grown man or woman ordered this dross? Are you insane? Are you drooling at the mouth?

I don't think Lloyds track record is appalling. He has released some reaslly good stuff in the past and he's clearly a clever chap. It's just this was one big royal !@#$ up, made ten times worse by the hype and Ellusionist radio silence. However; my son absolutely loves these cards (not the purpose I bought them for) so if anyone has this; lets face it you arent going to be using it! so give it to your kids. They find this sort of thing absolutely fascinating....Just like we did when we opened up the cereal packet and the little card dropped in to our bowl. Could that little card have "broken the internet" if it had been invented in 1986.....who knows?

I would post the quote my son gave about change after I gave it to him, but I fear Ellussionist would simply cut out the bit that says "age 7" and use it on their site.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
7762 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:

The exact reason I never ordered. However, the very false advertising suggested that this was anything but old technology, and unfortunately 2000 fell for it.
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2015, Paul S Wingham wrote:
Quote:

I don't think Lloyds track record is appalling. He has released some reaslly good stuff in the past and he's clearly a clever chap. It's just this was one big royal !@#$ up, made ten times worse by the hype and Ellusionist radio silence. However; my son absolutely loves these cards (not the purpose I bought them for) so if anyone has this; lets face it you arent going to be using it! so give it to your kids. They find this sort of thing absolutely fascinating....Just like we did when we opened up the cereal packet and the little card dropped in to our bowl. Could that little card have "broken the internet" if it had been invented in 1986.....who knows?

I would post the quote my son gave about change after I gave it to him, but I fear Ellussionist would simply cut out the bit that says "age 7" and use it on their site.

$30 a Expensive Kids Toy

Can't see E putting that Quote on the Website !
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1355 Posts

A $40 dollar kids toy. It shipped to the uk. I wanted to at least try it out and couldn't be bothered to try to grt a refund; life is too short.

I'm just trying to find the best in the situation. I lost $40 my son gained a fun trick and E have basically said their Ethos is "our hype and borderline misleading ad copy is just business". Ultimately I beleive karma will get them if that's how they want to do business.
writeall
View Profile
Special user
Midland, Michigan
930 Posts

Profile of writeall
Quote:
On Jul 23, 2015, Jon Allen wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 22, 2015, writeall wrote:
Is there some kind of Law of the Universe that the most hyped products are usually the worst?

Not in *every* case.......

Trust me......

Just wait......

;-)

Awww, that's just cruel. You are going to make me pre-order something, aren't you?

Actually, the Rubik's Cube stuff from Karl Hein looks like something I'd take a shot at. And, surprisingly, it doesn't need the extreme hype machine. I guess when you have a BMW to sell, you just show the car, because the quality is obvious.
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1345 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Quote:
Is there some kind of Law of the Universe that the most hyped products are usually the worst?

No but I think there is one that says that bad products get 20+ pages on here while good products get 2 or 3.
Official Thread Killer
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On Jul 21, 2015, Lloyd Barnes wrote:
We encourage people to be open, honest and vocal about our products...

If that's true, why don't the negative reviews get shown on ellusionist?
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
7762 Posts

Profile of pegasus
On Jul 21, 2015, Lloyd Barnes wrote:
We encourage people to be open, honest and vocal about our products... Except on our website where our regular suckers, I mean customers, can't read them.
magicshowprod
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle, WA
109 Posts

Profile of magicshowprod
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2015, pegasus wrote:
Quote:

The exact reason I never ordered. However, the very false advertising suggested that this was anything but old technology, and unfortunately 2000 fell for it.

2001. I sold mine on Ebay Smile
Don Shock
The Magical World of Don Shock
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
7762 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2015, magicshowprod wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2015, pegasus wrote:
Quote:

2001. I sold mine on Ebay Smile

Expect negative feedback in that case for false advertising. Smile
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1701 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2015, writeall wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Trust me......

Just wait......

;-)

Awww, that's just cruel. You are going to make me pre-order something, aren't you?

Actually, the Rubik's Cube stuff from Karl Hein looks like something I'd take a shot at. And, surprisingly, it doesn't need the extreme hype machine. I guess when you have a BMW to sell, you just show the car, because the quality is obvious.

Firstly, yes Smile

Secondly, that's very true about quality. Depending on the product or effect, you actually don't need to see people's reactions in trailers. Of course people are going to be shocked, amazed, blown away etc or they wouldn't be in the trailer. If creators showed the product rather than created an image of what the product seems to be or worse, what the audience thinks it looks like, magic would be in a better place.
Paragon 3D - the most incredible Card to Clear Box you will ever own. Be fooled here: http://youtu.be/GQxRZ1OGkUo
The Silent Treatment - Digital Edition: this iconic routine just got upgraded! Watch - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=phTDUhX0m9o
Watch the brilliant effect, Rule of Three: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CytuXsCbL0 and order it from www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
Order the bar-raising DVD set 'Connection' at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
Changing the world with my
1278 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2015, Jon Allen wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2015, writeall wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Trust me......

Just wait......

;-)

Firstly, yes Smile

Secondly, that's very true about quality. Depending on the product or effect, you actually don't need to see people's reactions in trailers. Of course people are going to be shocked, amazed, blown away etc or they wouldn't be in the trailer. If creators showed the product rather than created an image of what the product seems to be or worse, what the audience thinks it looks like, magic would be in a better place.

Ah! I love those trailers where the magician wanders around the street for 5 minutes looking all "street" before we get a glimpse of the magic.
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1355 Posts

Since E post all their reviews and don't cherry pick; I look forward to mine being published.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1757 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Jul 27, 2015, Paul S Wingham wrote:
Since E post all their reviews and don't cherry pick; I look forward to mine being published.

I think you stand more chance of winning the Loto than seeing your review on E web pages !
Fin
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Fin
Lloyd, Geraint, or anyone else from Ellusionist.. Please respond to my earlier post re: FALSE advertising. This needs to be addressed. If not, you are knowingly lying to your customers.

Quote:
On Jul 21, 2015, Fin wrote:
Ten minutes of "Q&A" plus the live performances.. That's a real good attempt at damage control there. All of it could have been avoided if the initial advertising was not so over-the-top and FALSE. Yes.. I said that.. The claim that "THIS IS A COMPLETELY REVOLUTIONARY NEW CONCEPT" IS 100% FALSE. That quote is from a video, still available on their facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/ellusionist/videos/10152968854826161/) and on youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3agDjOgmto)

So I'll repeat the question I asked on facebook, which has remained unanswered now for over two weeks: Lloyd (& Ellusionist), don't you think it's dishonest and misleading to call it a "completely revolutionary new concept"? There are several entire decks already on the market that have been using this exact "technology" for years. One such example demo was uploaded onto youtube in 2007!

Lenticular ("changing") playing card, posted on youtube in 2007!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7D0Zk87FY8

More lenticular playing cards.. here reviewed on youtube in 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rqn6TqbWJM

People being unhappy because they don't like the angles, the quality, or because they don't think it's practical, is one thing, and your "Q&A" plus the live performances are a valiant attempt to (finally) address those criticisms. But the real question here, and the one which caused this to snowball in the way it did, is concerning the over-hyped, exaggerated claims, and what turns out to be a provably false claim that it is a "completely revolutionary new concept". It is not a completely revolutionary new concept. This ain't about semantics. It really isn't new or revolutionary to use this method to have a card visually change. It's that simple. Now whether you just failed to think about doing a quick google/youtube search for "lenticular playing cards" before making that claim, or whether you knew they existed but chose to leave out that info.. the claim is still false. Please change the advertising and remove the false claim from the video on facebook and youtube. If you don't do this, you are willingly lying to your customers, and that is something that goes way beyond practicality issues and other comparatively minor niggles.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2322 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
And I was worried that this thread had died
alexlatorre
View Profile
Regular user
Barcelona
179 Posts

Profile of alexlatorre
Glad I avoided this trick. I knew I was correct waiting for reviews
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4681 Posts

Profile of RNK
Just got an email from E advertising a few new releases. And they included "Back in Stock CHANGE" and STILL are pitching "5 visual miracles that will Change your life". What arrogance and stupidity.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CHANGE over @ Ellusionist (273 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..30~31~32~33~34~35 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL