The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Blomberg Laboratories (Standard Edition and Collector's Edition) book by Andi Gladwin (33 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On Jul 14, 2015, NebA wrote:
Hey Maddy thanks so much for doing this!! I have been enjoying your videos a lot. If you feel like it, I would love to see Schrodinger's Tie and PreMEMOnition as well. Don't go out of your way if you weren't planning on doing those, though.

Also, just one question: roughly what percent of the tricks in the book would you say use cards? And of those card ones, around what percentage require setups and/or gimmicks? Thanks a lot Smile

Schrödinger's Tie is now uploading.

I would do premenonition because I LOVE it. It is a killer routine, however without a spectator in the hotel room with me, it will really lose all value. Especially since the majority of the routine happens in their hands under the table.

Mr. Hummer was pretty accurate. The first chapter are all non card tricks. There are 7 effects there. After that, virtually every effect uses cards.

With the card ones it's hard to say how many use a setup... Very few use a full deck stack. But many of them do require a simple setup (something like getting two aces on top, one on the bottom, and one 8th from the bottom.) These setups can be done while toying with the deck though and are never too complicated.

And as Mr. Hummer said, I can only think of two effect that requires a gimmick. (One is an anniversary waltz.) There are no effects with double backers at all. It is actually a breathe of fresh air. I hate reading a book full of gimmicked cards simple because I never carry them in my decks.

A few more videos are on the way! Smile
NebA
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of NebA
Great, thanks to both of you for your answers!!
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Had some issues with uploading, but everything is now up and running again.

http://youtu.be/baASGgOY_eA

This is just a routine I threw together using some of the fun loves and principles from the book.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Here's one of my favorite magician foolers from the book. This is another killer piece called lucky 14.

http://youtu.be/D1qtwWCeEMg

And here is Schrödinger's Tie performed.

http://youtu.be/T-Mqem3JYdo
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Quote:
On Jul 13, 2015, Magic.Maddy wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 13, 2015, JeremyM0411 wrote:
Where is the open prediction located in the book? I can't seem to find it. Very nice job on the videos!

Sent you a PM

It's on page 74 (this might be of interest for others as well).
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On Jul 14, 2015, Nicolino wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 13, 2015, Magic.Maddy wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 13, 2015, JeremyM0411 wrote:
Where is the open prediction located in the book? I can't seem to find it. Very nice job on the videos!

Sent you a PM

It's on page 74 (this might be of interest for others as well).

Sure thing. I didn't have the book with me at the moment so just told him which chapter Smile

Thanks!
Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
842 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
If there is an award for the best poster of the year - Magic Maddy should get it! You are doing an incredible job.

I have dug out my copy to make one more request. The reason I am requesting this effect is because I love John Bannon's 'Discrepancy City Display'. I think it is the cleverest card move in magic. And I would love to see exactly how Tomas makes use of it in this routine.

The trick is 'Gasp! Scream!' on page 217.

And great job with 'Schrodinger's Tie' - it is such a treat seeing a performance of this legendary effect!
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Bravo Maddy! Loving the videos of the routines in this book.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Being a long term admirer of the brilliant concept in Denys Jos' "Nostradamus Chest" I can't help but also fall completely in love with Schrödinger's Tie, especially after seeing it performed smoothly by Madison almost even before I finished reading... Smile
This feels like the stripped down, almost propless little sister of the Nostradamus Chest that anyone can perform (almost) in an instant and without spending a hell of bucks!

BUT, all that being said I wished some sort of credit had been given to Denys Jos for his orginal concept, namely the "out-of-view-automatic-displacement" (deliberately being sort of vague here) in combination with a manageable amount of outcomes.
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
Mejais
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Mejais
Congratz maddy you made me buy the book!
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On Jul 14, 2015, Bob_Hummer wrote:
If there is an award for the best poster of the year - Magic Maddy should get it! You are doing an incredible job.

I have dug out my copy to make one more request. The reason I am requesting this effect is because I love John Bannon's 'Discrepancy City Display'. I think it is the cleverest card move in magic. And I would love to see exactly how Tomas makes use of it in this routine.

The trick is 'Gasp! Scream!' on page 217.

And great job with 'Schrodinger's Tie' - it is such a treat seeing a performance of this legendary effect!

Thank you so very much for the compliment Smile

I will try to get this one filmed today but if I can't, it will be the first one on the list for next week Smile

Quote:
On Jul 15, 2015, Blindside785 wrote:
Bravo Maddy! Loving the videos of the routines in this book.

Thank you man!

Quote:
On Jul 15, 2015, Mejais wrote:
Congratz maddy you made me buy the book!

Woohoo!! You won't regret it! It's a worthy investment for sure.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Freakish Miracle. This is one that could easily be overlooked in the book which is fine by me because that means less people would be performing it!

http://youtu.be/tiBHm5y4P0w

Talk about magician-fooling magic! Phew!
hikeeba
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of hikeeba
Since there's about a 63% chance you'll get a match, what would you do if you didn't get one?
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On Jul 15, 2015, hikeeba wrote:
Since there's about a 63% chance you'll get a match, what would you do if you didn't get one?

Do it again. But Tomas provides a few tricks that makes it happen more around 93% of the time Smile

Don't want to say much more!

Another awesome magician fooler. I really love this one.

http://youtu.be/KCyMbXFMcGw
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Ironically, even without Maddy's nice demonstration videos this book would become an instant classic for sure!
For me it ranks among this year's most intruiging reads - wickedly clever effects and a love for cool methods melt together into something so unique that it makes your mind spin!

Blomberg Laboratories gets my highest recommendation! And by the way: it is a real bargain...
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On Jul 15, 2015, Nicolino wrote:
Ironically, even without Maddy's nice demonstration videos this book would become an instant classic for sure!
For me it ranks among this year's most intruiging reads - wickedly clever effects and a love for cool methods melt together into something so unique that it makes your mind spin!

Blomberg Laboratories gets my highest recommendation! And by the way: it is a real bargain...

Oh yes it gets my highest recommendation and more.

Here's Gasp! Scream!

http://youtu.be/nSFontVew1U

This will be my last one for this week! I'll be back next week if anyone has recommendations! Smile
Bowevil
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Bowevil
Wonderful videos, looks like I have a couple of hours of catching up to do.
Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
842 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
Great job as always, Maddy! Thanks for the latest upload!
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
Request for cashing?
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On Jul 16, 2015, Bob_Hummer wrote:
Great job as always, Maddy! Thanks for the latest upload!

Thanks once again! And you're welcome! Smile

Honestly I didn't really show an interest in Cashing, but I can try to film it!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Blomberg Laboratories (Standard Edition and Collector's Edition) book by Andi Gladwin (33 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL