The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Wiz Kote Help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1902 Posts

Profile of chmara
I had George at Chalet build me one that can take an adult shoe up to size 13DD -- and a restoration unit of similar size.

I shared my routine with Steve (and confirmed with him it really works well on MANY levels) for loading the return piece WITHOUT ASSISTANT. (You have to pay them, no?)

Use the "Oh Dear" reveal of the smoking show to drop back (or to the side of the curtains) and as you make your move ROLL ON (Or Carry) A CARBON DIOXIDE FIRE EXTINQUISHER. They add a LOUD swooshing noise as you quell the smoke AND add another white cloud and frost the burned show before you pick it up with tongues. If you are quick enough you can even roll the extinguisher in on the gaff -- or roll the gaff in as the one shoed victim walks to the back of the venue to get the reproduction box to carry it back to you BY THE HANDLES.

AND MAKE SURE it is a CO2 extinguisher -- or you may end up as fried as Stan Allen was at the SAM in Vegas second (no fire) show several years ago!

GC
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
FloridaMagic1
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of FloridaMagic1
Didn't Lance Burton perrform this routine also a few years ago?
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Yes he did and He used the recover box which was handing from a rope during the whole show. It was a nice routine.
Dennis Michael
Bigmac
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Bigmac
I had George at Chalet build me one that can take an adult shoe up to size 13DD -- and a restoration unit of similar..."

I also had Chalet build me an adult size box that takes a large shoe. I've used it for trade shoes, corporate banquets and will be using it for a cruise ship booking this year. I had the front lettering left off so I could change it to reflect the client I was working for at the time (i.e. Nuclear General's Atomic Shoe Cleaner, etc).

My question to all you WizKote users is this. Why is the bottom compartment so large. It doesn't need to be to house the electronics, etc. I had a couple of people notice the "thick" table and thought the shoe went in there so I rebuilt mine with a thin base. Any comments?
dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
Hi Chance

Can't wait to order yr version of Wizkote..please put me on yr waiting list..many thanks Smile

Warmest Regards
dove-boy
afun14u
View Profile
Loyal user
Tennessee
250 Posts

Profile of afun14u
Bigmac,

Can you e-mail me with jpg of your "WizKote" I would like to see the changes you made...I might like to do the same with mine. Thanks.

Robert Jones
Empowering Kingdom Growth through Evangelistic Entertainment!
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2364 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I recently ordered a wiz kote machine and expect it soon, but I too was wondering about the reproduction of the sneaker, I have seen a paper bag used to simply toss the burnt shoe in to, and then pull out several comedy shoes and the the real sneaker, any new ideas for this after 8 years since this was originally posted.
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1239 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
One new twist I put on this...

I begin the effect as the world famous Card to Shoe Routine. I have a child select a card, show the audience, and return it to the deck without me seeing it. I indicate that I won't simply reveal the card, but instead I will make the card travel from the deck to the volunteers shoe. I tell the volunteer that I think it has happened. Have him remove his shoe to see the card. He takes his shoe off. As I look into the shoe, I become overwhelmed by how stinky the shoe is. We decide to stop this trick and clean up this shoe. Then I introduce the Micro-Clean Machine (Wizcote). Do the routine, shoe burnt, etc. Finally I give the volunteer a present. He opens it up to reveal his "restored shoe" and inside the shoe is his card. Done, the world famous card to shoe, by way of the micro- clean machine.
From the Encouraging Magic of...

Tony Thomas

www.magictonythomas.com
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2484 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
I have not read the whole old thread here but I don't think any one mentioned the retrieval chest. I think it is one of the best ways to get the shoe back.

just my thoughts
sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
MagicianTrent
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of MagicianTrent
This is a great thread I appreciate the input into the effect here. I have wanted to add this to my show for years and now I am looking for the prop. Does anyone know if Chalet Magic is still selling them. I can find the web page but can not see how to order one. any help here would be appreciated.

Thanks

Trent
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3211 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
The original version of this is my O.O.P.S. Machine that you make yourself from hardboard and duct tape for about $10. If you want to make Qua-Fiki's retrieval system in a paper bag, add about $20 to the cost. It's at The Magic Nook in my Kid's Magic collection.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Wiz Kote Help (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL