The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Edge Grip Production Tips? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KenRyan
View Profile
Elite user
464 Posts

Profile of KenRyan
I'm prepared to believe it's just a matter of more (and then more) practice. But I thought I'd ask folks who may have gone down this route before if there were any tips that helped them with it.

I refer to the edge grip production - specifically the way Kainoa Harbottle does it. For a few months, I've been poring over Coins on Edge and can manage most of the stuff after a decent amount of practice. But I'm having a lot of trouble with the edge grip production where you remove the bottom coin with the end of your middle finger. In COE, it's called The Edge Grip Production 1.

Luckily, I was able to get the on-demand recent lecture Kainoa did on Reel Magic, and he demonstrates the move a few times. That helped a lot. But I'm still really fumbling one or both coins on pretty much every try.

Is there any advice folks can offer?

Thanks!

Ken
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27140 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
How comfortable is your handling of the sleight out of Downs Palm?
Asking as that may be a reasonable way to approach the item if starting out.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
KenRyan
View Profile
Elite user
464 Posts

Profile of KenRyan
Jonathan,

From Downs Palm, it's much easier, though the remaining coin(s) tend to turn a bit in the grip after recovery - so they are relatively secure still, but no longer parallel to the ground. But yeah, it's do-able from Down's.

Ken
Griff
View Profile
Loyal user
Florida
284 Posts

Profile of Griff
Hey Ken first off I really like your enthusiasm in your posts. You are really looking for advice and don't mind the constructive criticism. I think that Jonathon pretty much nailed it here. If you work on producing coins from Down's Palm you will have no problem with Kainoa's deep edge grip. There is a difference between the edge grip that Roth teaches and the deeper edge grip that Kainoa teaches. Just stick with 2 coins for awhile. Get them into edge grip and then out of edge grip one at a time. And then 3, 4, etc. The 10,000 theory really does apply to most things. You won't master anything until you have done it 10,000 times. Good Luck! This is my favorite technique in coin magic. I hope that it becomes your's as well.
KenRyan
View Profile
Elite user
464 Posts

Profile of KenRyan
Thanks Griff. Gotcha. I guess another 9, 200 or so to go:-).

Cheers!

Ken
KenRyan
View Profile
Elite user
464 Posts

Profile of KenRyan
~7,000 to go. I've actually done it a few times:-P.

-K
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Edge Grip Production Tips? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL