The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Kainoa's RoV (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

CarpetShark
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of CarpetShark
Does anyone know of a vid of Mr. Edge Grip's RoV ? I was going over his version of Hanging Coins, well, part of it actually, where he is explaining how instead of using the Roth method of 'placing' the coin to be hung into the left hand (without actually showing the coin), he used a retention move which allows the specs to see the coin being placed into the target (left) hand. This move Rocked My World!!! What a slick little addition to what is already a brilliant routine! So, can't quite make out what he is doing with his RoV, hence my initial request for a vid or written source.

Cheers!

Oh, fwiw I've been using K's method of loading the edge grip stack by flipping the coin 90 degrees into perfectly positioned edge grip (under cover of the right, of course). Kainoa's work is fast becoming one of my go to sources for all sorts of fantastic little moves tweaks and, dare I say it, twerks ?! I counted 12 points I needed to learn, study and practice in a 15 second clip. Now that's what I call getting my money's worth.
alall
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of alall
You can see it in his lecture on penguinmagic or the one on reelmagicmagazine. He uses his rov in these two videos, trifecta https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ivkdbspqK0 and in this video of his hanging coins https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaa4azQa2vE.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27143 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
He may be using a variation of Al Schneider's Snap Back sleight. Smile That leaves the coin in just the right position to continue moving in and into EG.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
CarpetShark
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of CarpetShark
Thanks Alall, Jonathan - it didn't occur to me he might be using the Snap Back!

I can't imagine learning all this without computers/DVDs etc. I ruined many an LP learning guitar licks and chords waaay back in the 70's - hitting STOP, REWIND,PLAY on the BetaMax would get old very fast!
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13411 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Kainoa is where "it's at"

All the dumb stuff that coin magicians do never shows up in his work. He's unique.

This is one very thoughtful coin worker. If you think it's all about the sleights, gimmicks, patter or moves, you're really looking in the wrong place for the secrets in why his stuff is so good.

what I can tell from watching .. it's all aobut:
eye contact
not overusing a display so it looks good on youtube or to sell a DVD
naturalness
misdirection
thoughtful execution
lack of flashing

if you want to get good at coin work, this is the dude to suck up to.
...or at least buy his crap!!! I have.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Kainoa's RoV (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL