We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Needle thru balloon question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Red Neck Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Down Yonder
242 Posts

Profile of Red Neck Magician
Can I use colored balloons for the needle thru balloon effect or do I need to stick with the clear ones from magic dealers? Any help would be great. Thanks
Eldon
View Profile
Inner circle
Virden, IL
1136 Posts

Profile of Eldon
Yes you can use the colored balloons using an idea from one of my old lectures. I sent you a PM.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24120 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I remember reading an old magic book when I was about 12 years old explaining how it could be done with regular pins and needles. It might be the same secret to what Eldon knows of. There was a picture showing the effect on the cover. I forgot the name of that book. I would give anything to get my hands back on that book.

RNM, I suggest trying it with colored balloons as thick as the clear ones. Try searching for them on the internet.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8361 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I put the long needle and balloon bit "in" in the mid '80s.

I use balloons from WalMart. (helium quality) About one in a thousand will pop. --and it's my fault when that happens! It gets a laugh. I just say, "Let's try that again!" I do, and it gets a big response!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22932 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2015, Red Neck Magician wrote:
Can I use colored balloons for the needle thru balloon effect or do I need to stick with the clear ones from magic dealers? Any help would be great. Thanks

Yes, you can use colored balloons, but it lessens the magic and mystery of the effect. As they cannot see the needle going through. Then when the ribbon is pulled through they will see that their is not trick to the items used. I guess if you want your audience to wait till the end to break he balloon and see that the ribbon is intact, that is your choice, I guess.

Use Qualtex Balloons they are the best quality latex in balloons. They are a little more expensive, but are worth it for dependability.
Red Neck Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Down Yonder
242 Posts

Profile of Red Neck Magician
Thanks for all of the help. I am wanting to use needle thru balloon with the repAIR effect where the balloon is popped and then blown back up.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Needle thru balloon question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL