We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Magic Clubs (Rings) Looking For Lecturers -- is there a forum? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magringo
View Profile
Special user
Sad that all I have is a scant
573 Posts

Profile of magringo
I can't seem to find a place on the Café where magic clubs (ours is Ring 50 (Northern VA -- near DC) can looking for lecturers -- and make the process easy. Should be a natural, no?
WayneCapps
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
769 Posts

Profile of WayneCapps
I wish there was. But, as the president of a local Ring we get magicians requesting to come to us and lecture all the time! I mean all the time! Maybe it is just our location that people want to visit. We typically do about two a year and have been able to be pretty picky about who we choose, but normally they come to us. Good luck!
magringo
View Profile
Special user
573 Posts

Profile of magringo
Our goal is 4 per year.. but we'll keep trying... thanks!!!!
WayneCapps
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
769 Posts

Profile of WayneCapps
Post that you are looking for lectures on some of the Facebook magic forums. They will come running!
magringo
View Profile
Special user
573 Posts

Profile of magringo
Thanks very much!
Danny aka Magringo

Posted: Jun 24, 2015 06:35 am
PS -- I would think the Café would be a super great place to have a forum to match clubs with lecturers... everyone comes to the Café.
WayneCapps
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
769 Posts

Profile of WayneCapps
Unfortunately, not like they used to Danny! This is a dying place. Look at the traffic you get on a typical thread like this and compare it to a thread on the Surplus Magic Exchange.
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
How can we harness the energy and fellowship of the IBM to create a stronger, responsive lecture network? How would you do it?
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2109 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
The Board and officers of our Ring meet in early August to plan our meetings for the coming year. Additional events require booking the hall well in advance. It amazes me that the majority of lecturers contact us 3 weeks in advance. Under ideal conditions it is impossible to set-up and properly promote an event on such short notice.

A registry of lecturers and their itineraries would be most helpful.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
Jaymze
View Profile
New user
Montreal, Québec, CANADA
7 Posts

Profile of Jaymze
Hey Danny et al.

In a conversation with our PastPrez a few months back, Shawn let slip the IBM was looking to establish just such a directory! So keep your eyes peeled there http://www.magician.org and not here. Will be used daily no doubt... THANKS Shawn!

Click here to view attached image.
Some Magicians think of the magic wand as the magic "wand" when in fact the audience thinks of it as the "magic" wand. ONLY if you understand the difference, can you create the illusion of the magician using a magic wand to cause magical things to happen. http://www.montrealmagicians.org
nelsonfu
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of nelsonfu
Hi Danny et al,

My name is Nelson Fu and I've been helping organize lectures for several magicians over the last few years.

I have just finished putting the final touches for Pop Haydn (he will be going out to the Northern Mid-West area on a 12 city lecture tour next month, his first out of California lecture in over 10 years). I also have and will be planning lectures for:

Shoot Ogawa (several may know me from Shoot as I've been organizing his lectures for over 10 years)
Jon Armstrong
Chris Randall
Bizzaro
David Gabbay
Diamond Jim Tyler
Steve Reynolds

Please feel free to contact me at nelsonfu@yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Magic Clubs (Rings) Looking For Lecturers -- is there a forum? (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL