The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Wizard of Oz Themed Effects (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
There is a routine on my website called Courage Stone that can easily be adapted to an OZ theme by focussing on the attributes of "Courage"," Heart", "Intelligence", and "Spirit" (for Dorothy). The (quite unpolished) routine shown is performed using my Apogee wallet but I am soon releasing a much better polished "No Batteries Required" version. I'll be presenting the battery-less version at ECSS2; it introduces a nice new twist on equivoque not used in the video clip. PM me if you want any more details on the routine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=12&v=VgSglNFZRFQ

All the best,

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Maybe this is a reach, but I wonder if one could use Ed Massey's Squeeze Away Block, and tell a story of an Oz villain trying to destroy the yellow brick road. You demonstrate how the yellow bricks are gradually eaten by the dark forces until they completely vanish. However, there is hope...someone greater than the evil will be coming to Oz to save it. (Here you could pull the vanished yellow block out of a picnic basket to represent Dorothy, a rumpled top hat to represent the Wizard etc.).

I've always loved Squeeze Away Block. Done correctly, it looks truly magical...but the trick is over too quickly. This storyline could make the effect last a little longer.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Wizard of Oz Themed Effects (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL