The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Haunted or Imp Bottle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Malakim
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of Malakim
Hello,
I am looking for a haunted bottle which fits to the quality of my other Effects.
With the kids I have a lot of fun combining the Imp Bottle with Gyre by Prof BC and a haunted key.
This would all be very well, but the Imp Bottle is very popular with my kids, but it is
plastic and cheap and does not carry the fascination of the other Items involved. It also does not quite live up to the story I tell
alongside.

So here my Question:
Does anyone know of another Imp Bottle with better Props? I know of the viking Version, but can not get hold of one, it seems to be out of sale.
Is there any other manufacturer or other Effect that goes in this direction with a NICE Prop?
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1528 Posts

Profile of MentalistCreationLab
There are a few over the years the standard red one made from wood from Japan is nice circa 1960-1980, There is one that is plastic but has a basket weave pattern that is tan with a green top and there are a few wood versions that have a stained finish. Adams also made a wood version in red many years ago before they made that plastic version which is trash. There have also been a few that have been made in brass and at least one that was made in copper.
Malakim
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of Malakim
Quote:
There are a few over the years the standard red one made from wood from Japan is nice circa 1960-1980..

Where can one find such a thing?
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Spellbinder's "Bottle of the Djinn" in his "Crafty Shoppe of Little Horrors" at the Magic Nook is a Do-It-Yourself version of the old Imp Bottle and the e-Book explains how to perform it with or without the usual gimmick.

Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
The Viking model is nice if you can find one. My favorite is the Thayer model, which you'd probably need to find at auction.

Another option would be to ask one of the wood turners who frequent the Café to make you one. Eric Hansen (goes by Papasmurf) would be my choice. He makes beautiful pieces and I'm sure a haunted bottle (using the metal w***ht or the cap method) would be well within his capabilities.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Balaram
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2015, Wizard of Oz wrote:
The Viking model is nice if you can find one. My favorite is the Thayer model, which you'd probably need to find at auction.

Another option would be to ask one of the wood turners who frequent the Café to make you one. Eric Hansen (goes by Papasmurf) would be my choice. He makes beautiful pieces and I'm sure a haunted bottle (using the metal w***ht or the cap method) would be well within his capabilities.

Thanks for mentioning that resource, very good to know.
My Dad was a skilled wildlife carver, and one of my big regrets is that I couldn't hold still long enough for him to teach me
the craft. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Haunted or Imp Bottle (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL