The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Olivier Boës - E4SY (PIN Code Divination by Your Participant). (38 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On Jun 27, 2015, jaizon wrote:
Sorry to be Donnie Downer, but this effect has all the subtlety of a brick through a window and it can easily be backtracked. If you are ten or twelve performing it for your friends I would say "cool", but as something for a pro, or avid hobbyist, this fails the stink test. The result gives the spec little if any sense of being a "mentalist" as they will quickly realize what has happened, including your instructions and limitations on their "choices". The idea that this could ever replace iUYM is like saying a tricycle will replace a Mercedes. Also there is some misleading advertising in the OP. "you said you will give them a gift and give them the ability to divine PIN codes, the participant try on your phone, you, the mind reader, and he is able to divine your PIN code and unlock it. The rest of the participants are wrong." Only if the other participants do not hear your instructions and even if they don't hear those instructions there is still a possibility that they will guess correctly.

However, it is nice that some excellent work by Turner and Murray is mentioned in the text.

All in all this is a disappointment and I will not be using it. Caveat Emptor.

I felt a little bit of what you are feeling when I first read it. But then I tried it out and was amazed at the reactions and also amazed that even though both spectators heard the same instructions, only the 'mind reading spectator' was able to know my code. It's a strange one, but I really think you should try it out.
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Quote:
Sorry to be Donnie Downer, but this effect has all the subtlety of a brick through a window and it can easily be backtracked. If you are ten or twelve performing it for your friends I would say "cool", but as something for a pro, or avid hobbyist, this fails the stink test. The result gives the spec little if any sense of being a "mentalist" as they will quickly realize what has happened, including your instructions and limitations on their "choices". The idea that this could ever replace iUYM is like saying a tricycle will replace a Mercedes. Also there is some misleading advertising in the OP. "you said you will give them a gift and give them the ability to divine PIN codes, the participant try on your phone, you, the mind reader, and he is able to divine your PIN code and unlock it. The rest of the participants are wrong." Only if the other participants do not hear your instructions and even if they don't hear those instructions there is still a possibility that they will guess correctly.

However, it is nice that some excellent work by Turner and Murray is mentioned in the text.

Hello! How're you? First of all thanks for your post about E4SY, thanks for your attention.

I'm sorry if you didn't liked and if you was waiting about something else, as my previous work 10S Star Sign Divination (which a lot of people has reactions like : 'LOL, that's it? No way' and after they tried they loved it) this one is the same thing, I mean, it's as easy as it gets, and get the job done, I've never said it'll replace IUYM in any way, this is just easy, works in any phone even on paper, and it's just another option to the plot.

As the backtrack, I've included in the .PDF a way to jazz a little bit after the effect, I personally don't use it because the way I present, I never needed, but I thought it'll be nice to add it. It never happened to me to be backtracked on this effect, I usually continu with a PIN divination on another spectator, and they'll be amazed by the whole performance, personally, that's what happens to me.

I suggest you to try it, even in a casual environment, just to know and discover their reactions, you'll be surprised.

Thanks a lot for your attention, don't forget you can e-mail me at any time for anything you want, even just to say hello Smile

- Olivier

and thanks for your support guys, I really appreciatte it! Smile
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Way too expensive, which is good because it put me off buying.
Adrien L.
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Adrien L.
Olivier did sent me a review copy, so I admit that I might be biased as I didn't pay for this... BUT...

I completely understand what you're saying. Truth is this is not for everybody and I wouldn't rely solely on this at a payed gig. But on casual situations I got great reactions from this... For me, the fact that you don't invest time in procedures and scripts helps to make it seem like the "real thing": just try to think of my PIN and go for it.

As for the spectator seeing the limitations. This imposes less limitations than the circle and triangle psy force, which I still use a lot.

Also, after the spectator unlocks my phone, I reframe the instructions a bit and 90% of people won't be able to guess my PIN.

Yes, this is not your one-hour show closer. It is not a reputation maker. It is not even 100% sure-fire. What it is is a small bit of offbeat spectator-as-mindreader mentalism that, with some subtleties thrown in, can get you good reactions.

And for a quick update: after doing this successfully about 10 times last night, I tried it 3 times today and one of those times it didn't work, which was really not a big deal since I didn't spent 5min building up to a major fail Smile

Quote:

Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Hey guys, thanks for all your support one more time!

Copies has been sent Smile
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
I must admit I was on the fence but I trust Jaizons opinion, that and the fact that neither this not the star sign effect are 100% pretty much sealed it for me I have a multitude of ways of getting a star sign that are 100%, likewise I have a way of someone guessing my pin that is 100%, as far as my passcode for my phone! I have iuym pro.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
It's not for everyone Smile

The method is easy as hell, but you need to be a little bit BOLD.
At the end it worth it.
E4SY and IUYM are very different, both has pros and cons.

This isn't an app and works even on paper.
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1378 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
I think this is one of those things that will either hit big or miss big. For that reason; I don't like it as much as the first release which I thought was genius. I'll definitely give it a try but I don't think its in the same calibre as the star sign guess. Its definitely not in the same league as IUYM or as far as I am concerned; a replacement; its different and a bit of fun for a casual performance; but not much else in my opinion.
MRAC
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of MRAC
Took the plunge. Ok idea - but I probably won't use it. For €12 I was expecting a little bit more. Sorry ... just me opinion. Maybe it's only me, maybe I'm not bold enough - according to some other comments there are people for whom it works pretty well.
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
This is not an idea that's worth 12 euros. That's basically what it comes down to.

It's the kind of thing we all know but most of us wouldn't have the gall to print it up and sell it.

The first release was excellent tho - that star sign div rocks.
voh002
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of voh002
I tried it twice and it didn`t work.

This is almost based on luck.

Will never use it/try it again, and also never buy anything from the creator again.

I feel people just throw stuff out on the market these days.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Quote:
On Jun 28, 2015, Ceierry wrote:
It's not for everyone :

As does my version of Your Intuition that was published in When in Rome.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
I'm sorry for those who don't like, I accept all the opinions of course, and thanks for your honest feedback

Glad you love the Star Sign Divination anyway Smile
Prometheus
View Profile
Special user
Europe
524 Posts

Profile of Prometheus
Quote:
On Jun 28, 2015, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
Quote:
It's not for everyone :

As does my version of Your Intuition that was published in When in Rome.

Mark

But it isn't propless anymore. Though, in your version, this does not make a difference for the spectators at all. But what about using Your Intuition as a back up?
-

Prometheus
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
My version is both propless and none propless, both versions are detailed in when in Rome. I also have a major effect version involving the whole audience which isn't detailed in When in Rome.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Amazing what gets sold these days. It's not good.
Adrien L.
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Adrien L.
Quote:
My version is both propless and none propless, both versions are detailed in when in Rome. I also have a major effect version involving the whole audience which isn't detailed in When in Rome.

Mark

Doesn't When in Rome cost around 150 GBP? Smile

Your version might be better, but it is not as "accessible", so should we really compare the two? Is it fair? Should people NOT buy E4SY because they know that there is a book (which they might never buy due to the price and/or availability) that details a better version of this effect?

Don't get me wrong here... I'm not judging the price of When In Rome and I hope this doesn't turn into another thread about that... But isn't the comparison a bit unfair?
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
I'm sorry for those who don't like, I accept all the opinions of course, and thanks for your honest feedback

Glad you love the Star Sign Divination anyway Smile

Give them their money back then. Smile
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
My version and the original are both on Pete Turners at the table lecture for $8 along with several other effects. If that's not accessible I don't know what is. At $8 for those 2 versions, plus another pin revelation, an impromptu borrowed phone unlock, and a sure fire star sign revelation and a ton of solid gold tips, yes I think it's a very fair comparison. Pete doesn't explain my version as well on the lecture as it is in the book maybe with Pete's permission I may include my version in my book which will be under a third of the price of When in Rome.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Adrien L.
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Adrien L.
Ok, I stand corrected. I have that lecture and it is worth at least ten times the price. I only saw it once and it was very late... I only remember one spectator-as-mindreader effect where the spectator divines a PIN code and I don't remember Peter crediting that to you. So, I am sorry for not having made the association. But I'm pretty sure that the version I'm thinking is NOT 100%, so maybe we're not talking about the same thing.

Anyway, I guess the proof that everyone has his own tastes is that I saw that version, thought it was a very good idea, performed it a few times (and failed a couple), then I didn't think of it again...

I only perform in casual situations, I don't perform full time and I can't memorise a progressive anagram even if my life depends on it. So, FOR ME, this "method" if you can even call it that, simply works (so far, more consistently than your version) and fits right into my character and the type of experience I want to create for my audience and for myself.

I mean... In his lecture Peter did a peek that even the spectator knew he could have done (and he actually made sure to talk about that just to show that sometimes being bold pays off) and he blew that spectator's mind. When Peter does it, it is bold and genius, but when someone else suggests it, it is worthless? Smile

Quote:
My version and the original are both on Pete Turners at the table lecture for $8 along with several other effects. If that's not accessible I don't know what is. At $8 for those 2 versions, plus another pin revelation, an impromptu borrowed phone unlock, and a sure fire star sign revelation and a ton of solid gold tips, yes I think it's a very fair comparison. Pete doesn't explain my version as well on the lecture as it is in the book maybe with Pete's permission I may include my version in my book which will be under a third of the price of When in Rome.

Mark
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Olivier Boës - E4SY (PIN Code Divination by Your Participant). (38 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL