The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Retirement » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1339 Posts

Profile of imgic
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2015, S2000magician wrote:
Feigning ignorance?

I don't think Slim is feigning it...
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Slim's refusal to answer basic questions and discuss details strikes me as cowardly.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Strikes me as par for the course.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1914 Posts

Profile of Randwill
In any forum discussion, when I see one party ignoring someone's questions repeatedly, this is how I decide, even if I know nothing about the topic, who is right and who is wrong.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2015, Randwill wrote:
In any forum discussion, when I see one party ignoring someone's questions repeatedly, this is how I decide, even if I know nothing about the topic, who is right and who is wrong.

Certainly not an unreasonable guideline. Maybe not 100% but still close!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
Slim's refusal to answer basic questions and discuss details strikes me as cowardly.

What questions would those be ...??? Troll questions that have nothing to do with the topic at hand?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2015, Slim King wrote:
Quote:

What questions would those be ...??? Troll questions that have nothing to do with the topic at hand?

They're farther up in this thread. Surely you don't need to be led by the hand as a child would.

And they have everything to do with the topic at hand.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I've answered every question that is pertinent to this thread. I can't imagine what questions you'd be going on and on and on and on about?

Looks like the retirement accounts of those poor folks in Greece are frozen ... OMG ..I TOLD YOU SO??????
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
You don't have to imagine anything.

Just go take a look.

Is that too complicated for you?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Now the corporations have evolved into good guys and Rockefeller is today out to save the planet we don't need unions or retirement accounts anymore as they will look after us all.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:

Looks like the retirement accounts of those poor folks in Greece are frozen ... OMG ..I TOLD YOU SO??????

Well, bet their retirement account equivalents are still doing better than those of Trump employees.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/business......365.html

Under Bloomberg's rating system for 401(k) plans, Trump scores a 30 out of a possible 100, lower than all but one of the top 50 companies by market capitalization.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
Quote:

Questions you can't and won't answer LOL. I guess if they are beyond the limits of your intelligence they are troll questions.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Let's try a simple one, Slim: if you have such contempt for 401(k) accounts, why do you have a 401(k) account?
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Contempt ????... Where did I say I had contempt for them? Your straw man arguments astound me as painfully transparent.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Jul 12, 2015, Slim King wrote:
Contempt ????... Where did I say I had contempt for them? Your straw man arguments astound me as painfully transparent.

Any you pull out the straw man reference instead of answering straightforward questions.

If you want to have a discussion, let's.

If you want to dodge questions, make asinine, unsupported assertions, and feign indignation, find someone else to play with.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:

This next bit sounded a little contemptful to me.

Quote:
On Jun 30, 2015, Slim King wrote:

The 401K scam is just a ruse to get your money into the stock market.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Jul 12, 2015, balducci wrote:
Quote:

This next bit sounded a little contemptful to me.

Quote:
On Jun 30, 2015, Slim King wrote:

The 401K scam is just a ruse to get your money into the stock market.

Not only is it contemptuous, it's stupid.

You can have a 401(k) account with 100% of your money invested in places other than the stock market.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Isn't it amazing how often contemptuous and stupid go together?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
If you are saying that he majority of 401K investments are NOT in the stock market you would be lying. Are you saying that?
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
If you are saying that he majority of 401K investments are NOT in the stock market you would be lying. Are you saying that?

You control the investments in your 401(k) account.

If you want to invest in the stock market, you can invest in the stock market.

If you want to invest in something other than the stock market, you can invest in something other than the stock market.

Your comment that a 401(k) account is a scam to get money into the stock market is stupid; it's nothing of the sort.

Take some responsibility.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Retirement » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL