The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ecrof? And who is this Ross Tayler guy? (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
What did you force on your wife and brother? I am really close to purchasing and would love to hear about your performance!

Regards,
Mike

Quote:
On Aug 13, 2015, Adrien Lochon wrote:
I've just read Ecrof and loved it! This is smart thinking Smile

It can absolutely be done in a pub situation and as far as what the audience sees, it is very close to "think of a person/celebrity/card/etc." and you proceed to guess it. Simple as that. Really beautiful.

I think it is important to mention the full title of the ebook:"Ecrof: Reflections on Psychological Forcing", so as you might have guessed, this is not 100%, but it is so close that it can be used without fear (I did it on my wife and brother, which are not the best subjects, and it worked perfectly).

I'm really happy with my purchase! Thank you, Ross!
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
This is a nice book.

As mentioned, it won't work 100% of the time, especially on magicians, but it will be successful on laymen more often than not.

There's a great way to enhance the classic Bob Cassidy psychological force which makes it seem way more impossible. I may use it as a major effect to start my mentalism shows.

You can force the name of famous people, shapes, drinks, items, cards, drawings.

It focuses on creating your own psychological force so in theory, you could force anything.

It's a nice concept. It is similar to other methods I've seen in the past but much expanded. It won't be for everyone, but I think many will enjoy the work within.

As for the process, it appears like this: "Think of _______ (person from history, a drink, etc.) ... Now change your mind... Are you thinking of _____?"
tricky360
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of tricky360
Tossed out anything alone is worth the price of this book imho. Also some brilliant thinking behind the effect Fresh air, passed the wife test, she did not have a clue. Smile
Adrien L.
View Profile
Elite user
480 Posts

Profile of Adrien L.
I forced a country and a famous person.

And today I nailed a drawing duplication over the phone for a friend (although this application of the principle has a lower hit rate, so I wouldn't recommend buying the book ONLY for the drawing duplication...)

Quote:
On Aug 13, 2015, insight wrote:
What did you force on your wife and brother? I am really close to purchasing and would love to hear about your performance!

Regards,
Mike
Ross Tayler
View Profile
Regular user
Rugby, England
127 Posts

Profile of Ross Tayler
Thanks to all the purchasers for the really positive comments!

I'm so thrilled that people are enjoying this, as I said with mine and Fraser's Ouija: I find it so bizarre that the little brain-sparks I have and use in my work actually translate for other people as well. Not that you'd tell from reading the book, but I find it both humbling and inspiring!

I hope people continue to benefit from this, please contact me with any cool ideas you come up with or awesome performances you have!

Best wishes to all,

Ross.
disgruntledpuffin
View Profile
Special user
i have nothing to say about my
511 Posts

Profile of disgruntledpuffin
As a card technician and basically nothing else I am not in a position to talk knowledgeably about propless mentalism. Regardless, having been repeatedly ruined by Ross with this technique I decided I had to learn it. Being the good friend and professional handsome person that he is, he sent me a copy of the book. The technique revealed therein is *** clever and I now have something that I can use to do a card trick even when I have no cards. That's worth its weight in gold to me and is only the tip of the iceberg in terms of what this method can accomplish.

Buy it or I will have my mafia uncles slap you.
magicgerry06
View Profile
Regular user
FRANCE
132 Posts

Profile of magicgerry06
Sounds interesting. Does it work in any language?
Gerard ZITTA
http://www.untouchedmagic.com
"If Magic be the food of love, play on..."
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Quote:
On Aug 14, 2015, magicgerry06 wrote:
Sounds interesting. Does it work in any language?

I would also be interested to know if this works in french.

Have some people here tested it in the real world ? Is there a demo of the force ? Is the ad 100% true ?
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
Ross Tayler
View Profile
Regular user
Rugby, England
127 Posts

Profile of Ross Tayler
You're so sweet, Jack!

magicgerry06

Yes, this will work in any language as it is principle-reliant rather than based on a specific script. Some of the example forces given may be culturally dependant i.e. what works here in the UK may not be so effective in the middle of Saudi Arabia, however I foresaw this and therefore include a sizeable section on how to create your own forces - so you can apply this principle to your own audiences and routines.

I hope that answers your question.

doriancaudal

Same answer as above to the first part of this question.

Is it tested in the real world? Yes, thoroughly. By myself, Fraser Parker, Lloyd Barnes, Adam Wilber, Jakob Michaels, Ben Cardall and several others. I'm told Justin Miller has also made heavy use of one of the forces taught in the book, but as he was taught this by Adam Wilber, I can't confirm this. Simply put, I wouldn't release something I wasn't certain was of value, having tested it. I value my reputation.

There will be no video demo. It's propless. Therefore the entire method exists in words. A video demo would be akin to posting the script for any one of the forces here on the Café. It may not make it clear why it works, but it would be giving away the technique (much like if I was to post a video of me asking someone to name a colour and them replying "red" - that is the whole method, although hardly valuable itself.) I hope that clarifies my position.

No. The ad is all lies. I'm a dirty rotten capitalist, and I'll happily defraud the people of my community to make a quick buck!

In all seriousness, which aspects of my spiel do you wish me to clarify myself on? I'll happily respond to any questions you have! Hopefully as more people read, process and work the material, you'll get to see a few other guys reiterating what I myself claim, without the apparent agenda.

Best wishes to you both and to everyone else,

Ross.
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Thanks for these answers Ross, you are a gentleman ! I will probably buy this very soon.
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
Mejais
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Mejais
I got it...

Its really really good and its really clever. Happy that I got it.

i will print it, bind it to a book and put it in my book shelf!
Ross Tayler
View Profile
Regular user
Rugby, England
127 Posts

Profile of Ross Tayler
My pleasure, Dorian! Thank you very much!

Mejais, thank you ever so much! I'm very grateful for your support and your complements!

Haha, eventually (and this is by no means a guarantee) I may choose to have hard-copies produced, which I could probably provide at a discount for individuals with proof-of-purchase on the PDF. This was my initial intention, unfortunately the cost was too high for me at this stage. Hopefully in the not-so-distant future, but people shouldn't wait on it Smile

Best wishes,

Ross.
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
781 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
Can you tell me how any pages and forces are in the book? Thank you .Glenn
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1352 Posts

Profile of barts185
Quote:
On Aug 14, 2015, Ross Tayler wrote:

No. The ad is all lies. I'm a dirty rotten capitalist, and I'll happily defraud the people of my community to make a quick buck!

How long have you been with SansMinds (or is it Ellusionist) ? Smile
Ross Tayler
View Profile
Regular user
Rugby, England
127 Posts

Profile of Ross Tayler
Glenn,

The book has 35 pages of content and six forces are specifically taught.

Once they've been explained, the rest of the book deals with: applications for the forces, a detailed discussion of creating your own forces using this technique; an examination of the proper use of reframing in order to create false memories, and specifically how those techniques can be applied to Ecrof; how to deal with a potential miss, this section covers attitude and several technical possibilities; finally 3 bonus ideas are also included, including a touch that switches the technique from a force to a peek, as well as two additional (unrelated) forces I've been performing for some time.

I hope that is the kind of answer you were looking for.

Best wishes,

Ross
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18809 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Not saying this to be a d*ckhead...

...would anyone who isn't friends with, or sent a freebie of it for comment, care to comment on the following please?

from start to finish, how long would a standard presentation take, and of that time, how much of it would be soaked up doing any kind of procedure? I know the time/length is performer dependent, so lets say this...

From starting the effect, the intro of what you are about to do with a person, to getting them to "do stuff" and you "do stuff", with a basic presentation of pure-mind reading...what percentage of that entire presentation is taken up by doing what is necessary, please?

i get that its not 100% - and I get how to work things with outs via different methods...i'm fine witht hat under the right circumstances...

is the mechanics of the effect a normal/natural thing to ask someone to do? if not, what would be the approximate percentage of it being unusual/odd? if normal/natural was 100%...

this is v*rbally f*rcing things, yes?

i appreciate that jakob has shot a review vid, but he and the author are friends - and I would bet that he has been skyping or emailing with the author as this has been getting closer to release (its what friends do, afterall)...

so I would really appreciate a purchaser offering up their answers please, and their overall opinion of this PDF....

cheers Smile
I've asked to be banned
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On Aug 15, 2015, IAIN wrote:
Not saying this to be a d*ckhead...

...would anyone who isn't friends with, or sent a freebie of it for comment, care to comment on the following please?

from start to finish, how long would a standard presentation take, and of that time, how much of it would be soaked up doing any kind of procedure? I know the time/length is performer dependent, so lets say this...

From starting the effect, the intro of what you are about to do with a person, to getting them to "do stuff" and you "do stuff", with a basic presentation of pure-mind reading...what percentage of that entire presentation is taken up by doing what is necessary, please?

i get that its not 100% - and I get how to work things with outs via different methods...i'm fine witht hat under the right circumstances...

is the mechanics of the effect a normal/natural thing to ask someone to do? if not, what would be the approximate percentage of it being unusual/odd? if normal/natural was 100%...

this is v*rbally f*rcing things, yes?

i appreciate that jakob has shot a review vid, but he and the author are friends - and I would bet that he has been skyping or emailing with the author as this has been getting closer to release (its what friends do, afterall)...

so I would really appreciate a purchaser offering up their answers please, and their overall opinion of this PDF....

cheers Smile

Ian, I was shown this over Skype by Ross, but we are in no way friends. That was our first interaction.

Hopefully you know that I don't say stuff that isn't true. The process takes literally 1 second. It's as easy as saying "change your mind to something else."
Adrien L.
View Profile
Elite user
480 Posts

Profile of Adrien L.
I never met Ross and I payed the full price of the book.

The whole thing can take as little as 30 seconds, if you want. There are no strange procedures and everything that happens makes perfect sense: you ask someone to think of something, have them change their mind, and you guess what they're thinking. Super clean, really.
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Can this be repeated? Or will audience members who come to my stage show a second time figure it out?

Regards,
Mike
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On Aug 15, 2015, insight wrote:
Can this be repeated? Or will audience members who come to my stage show a second time figure it out?

Regards,
Mike

Personally, I think this is better for informal situations. The only way I find it effective for stage is if used as a major effect at the start of a show.

In regards to your question, if the same audience member came to your show twice and saw your do Bob Cassidy's major effect at the top of each show, they would know what was coming. The same is true here.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ecrof? And who is this Ross Tayler guy? (12 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL