The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ecrof? And who is this Ross Tayler guy? (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Ross Tayler
View Profile
Regular user
Rugby, England
127 Posts

Profile of Ross Tayler
Insight,

Ecrof is a psychological force. Therefore if you us it in your show, you will likely get the same, or a very similar outcome each time (depending on the force you use).

This would be clear to an audience if they payed close attention, so whilst they'd be none the wiser as to method, they may recognise that you are forcing a specific outcome. That said, the same could be true of certain book tests, tossed out deck, etc - so I don't necessarily see this as a particular weakness.

Broadly I'm in agreement with Maddy, however. I have used certain applications of this force on stage and platform situations to great effect, but by and large I feel its real strength is close up. That said, I prefer close up work anyway, so that's probably just my personal bias coming through.

Sorry for the rambling response, I hope I answered your query.

Best wishes,

Ross
Ben Seatreader
View Profile
Regular user
The College of Winterhold
103 Posts

Profile of Ben Seatreader
Thank you very much for this permanent addition to my personal prop-less repertoire Smile Can be done on multiple people simultaneously. Combining this with the work of one Mr Murray is a pure joy.
Ben.
ThoZ
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of ThoZ
Wow.I have read a lot of books and PDFs this year. And I can honestly say this was the best one this year!
So clean and short process. I Love it! A must for every propless lover and anyone else in this field!

Thomas
Ross Tayler
View Profile
Regular user
Rugby, England
127 Posts

Profile of Ross Tayler
Thanks so much for those comments guys!

It's really thrilling and humbling to have people being so positive about my work, you've both made my day!

Any questions at all feel free to contact me.

Best wishes to all,

Ross.
Ben Seatreader
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Just a funny anecdote:

So I had someone think of a drink today, any takers as to what it was...? Bovril. Don't know what Bovril is? Neither did I!

'Bovril is the trademarked name of a thick, salty meat extract, developed in the 1870s by John Lawson Johnston. It is sold in a distinctive, bulbous jar. Bovril is made in Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire; owned and distributed by Unilever UK.'

Moral of the story: it pays to learn your meat beverages.
Ross Tayler
View Profile
Regular user
Rugby, England
127 Posts

Profile of Ross Tayler
Paha!! I didn't realise people still drank Bovril! I think my nan used to...

Thanks Ben, footnote to the second addition I recon!
Ben Seatreader
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Ross Tayler; The Meat Mentalist - coming to a butcher's near you.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12587 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Aug 15, 2015, Adrien L. wrote:
I never met Ross and I payed the full price of the book.

The whole thing can take as little as 30 seconds, if you want. There are no strange procedures and everything that happens makes perfect sense: you ask someone to think of something, have them change their mind, and you guess what they're thinking. Super clean, really.

So is it 1 second as magicmaddy stated or is it 30 seconds as stated here?

Just curious as time waits for no one.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3175 Posts

Profile of tophatter
So If I purchase the force you have to get the entire e-book 35 pages not sure ?
Thanks,
Jeffrey
D_avid
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of D_avid
I took the plunge and, to me, this isn't really a psychological force as much as a linguistic force. Just my own opinion. I will not use it, but I am willing to bet others will and enjoy it at the same time.
magicowner
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
115 Posts

Profile of magicowner
I'd like to know this too. Thanks. Big difference between 1 second and 30 seconds.

Quote:
On Oct 18, 2016, John C wrote:
Quote:

The whole thing can take as little as 30 seconds, if you want. There are no strange procedures and everything that happens makes perfect sense: you ask someone to think of something, have them change their mind, and you guess what they're thinking. Super clean, really.

Adrien L.
View Profile
Elite user
480 Posts

Profile of Adrien L.
Lol.

Quote:
On Oct 20, 2016, magicowner wrote:
I'd like to know this too. Thanks. Big difference between 1 second and 30 seconds.

Quote:
Quote:

Michael Zarek
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
923 Posts

Profile of Michael Zarek
I timed it.

11,86 sec exactly
Reader discretion is advised.
D_avid
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of D_avid
Strange procedures from who's perspective? maybe not the performer's but most certainly the volunteer's. I mean this is not something that would come up in an everyday conversation. Sure, there is justification, but still I beg to differ with the below statement:

[quote]On Oct 20, 2016, magicowner wrote:

[quote]On Oct 18, 2016, John C wrote:
Quote:
There are no strange procedures and everything that happens makes perfect sense: you ask someone to think of something, have them change their mind, and you guess what they're thinking. Super clean, really.
Michael Zarek
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
923 Posts

Profile of Michael Zarek
Quote:
On Oct 20, 2016, Writer wrote:
Strange procedures from who's perspective? maybe not the performer's but most certainly the volunteer's. I mean this is not something that would come up in an everyday conversation. Sure, there is justification, but still I beg to differ with the below statement:

Well, mind reading doesn't usually come up in everyday conversations...

As far as processes that we use go, this is one of the simplest ones. Like stated above it is literary "Think of something and then change your mind", nothing weird about that.
Reader discretion is advised.
Adrien L.
View Profile
Elite user
480 Posts

Profile of Adrien L.
Then let's agree to disagree. To me, "think of something, now change your mind" isn't a strange procedure, nor is the procedure in Ecrof. But that's my own opinion, of course.

On the other hand, I'm not sure that a "normal procedure" must be something that comes up in an everyday conversation. I don't think I ever said to someone "write a word on this business card then place it inside this envelope" in an everyday conversation Smile Right?

[quote]On Oct 20, 2016, Writer wrote:

[quote]On Oct 20, 2016, magicowner wrote:

Quote:
Quote:
There are no strange procedures and everything that happens makes perfect sense: you ask someone to think of something, have them change their mind, and you guess what they're thinking. Super clean, really.
D_avid
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of D_avid
Nope. I am fine with the agree to disagree. As I said, it's not *my* cup of tea, but some, if not everyone but me, will find this useful. It was certainly worth the price just to be enlightened with principles new to me.

I am not bashing, exposing, trolling, or such. And 11.86 seconds sounds like a challenge! Smile
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1629 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Anymore reviews on this?

Thanks
Sleepy
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13152 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
I misread his name and thought this was a Doctor Who thread. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ecrof? And who is this Ross Tayler guy? (12 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL