The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Filming Notice? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

latentimage
View Profile
Elite user
No More Room In Hell..
438 Posts

Profile of latentimage
Question for you guys that produce your own shows in a theatrical setting. If you are bringing in a film crew to record your show, where should a notice be placed, and what should it say? I want something printed on the tickets, but I'm not sure about the wording. Basically, I want people to know that they may end up on a film that could be used for promotional purposes, etc.
"Come to the edge," he said, They Said "We Are Afraid," "Come to the edge," he said, They Came, He Pushed Them...And They Flew. -Apollinaire

"If there be a skeptical star, I was born under it. Yet I have lived all my days in complete astonishment." -W. MacNeile Dixon
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Put them up as many places as possible.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
I don't have a copy of my old tickets handy but when we handled the tickets for my own public shows we had on the back of ticket a legal statement saying that
their photo or likeness may be filmed or used. something like that.

if I can find it I will post it.
it was all legal mumbo jumbo stuff my attorney made sure we had it right.
now a days if I do shows that require tickets the theater takes care of that.

most public venues it is understood that their picture could be taken. think about the baseball and football games.
they film every one. it is written on the tickets when you buy them.

The thing is that when people are in a public space, they’ve already forfeited some of their right to privacy–getting a release is an extra precaution though. Generally, as long as the images of people aren’t offensive, defamatory or unreasonably invade their privacy, you don’t have to get every person in the crowd to sign a release. Think of it this way: if it were totally illegal to take images of crowds, the nightly news would never be able to show street footage.

you can simply put in large print at the entrance SHOW WILL BE FILMED FOR MARKETING PURPOSES

have fun
sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
latentimage
View Profile
Elite user
No More Room In Hell..
438 Posts

Profile of latentimage
Thanks Danny and Sam! I would love to hear what was printed on your tickets. It seems like any notices will be entirely up to me. I will put up the large sign and get something on the tickets as well. I just want to make sure I'm covered.
"Come to the edge," he said, They Said "We Are Afraid," "Come to the edge," he said, They Came, He Pushed Them...And They Flew. -Apollinaire

"If there be a skeptical star, I was born under it. Yet I have lived all my days in complete astonishment." -W. MacNeile Dixon
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Filming Notice? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL