The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cointum Leap ~ Looks like a camera trick! (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
jtmorris
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
158 Posts

Profile of jtmorris
Quote:
On Jun 28, 2015, NicholasD wrote:
While it does look nice, I can't imagine anyone watching this and not wanting to see the card, even if they "examined" it earlier.

They typically don't, but you treat it like they do. It's all covered in the download. Think of it like cigarette through quarter or card, or like a torn and restored card. It takes a bit audience management, because it's not self working. However, if you're comfort level is okay to do a torn and restored card or an effect like pen through dollar bill or Misled, then you can do this without issue.

The reason I wanted to keep this priced well was that even if someone bought it and decided they didn't want to use it, it cost them as much as a cup of Starbucks. But I'm guessing it will be useful!
"Looks like a camera trick!" "I had to watch it 5 times before I...still didn't figure it out" - COINTUM-LEAP

Unbelievable, visual, simple, and motivated mix of cards and coins. COINTUM-LEAP
jtmorris
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
158 Posts

Profile of jtmorris
Quote:
On Jun 28, 2015, Magicmike221 wrote:
Just dowloaded. Im liking it and will use over next few days, very detailed explination aswell from Justin , Nice one.

Thanks! I appreciate that
"Looks like a camera trick!" "I had to watch it 5 times before I...still didn't figure it out" - COINTUM-LEAP

Unbelievable, visual, simple, and motivated mix of cards and coins. COINTUM-LEAP
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
I downloaded this... This has been done before.. Same concept coin through card. I'm racking my brain to remember who it was. I even made up the gimmick way back when. I'm thinking Lee Asher but I could be wrong.
Regardless.. A nice piece of eye candy and worth the $3.95.
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
jtmorris
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
158 Posts

Profile of jtmorris
Quote:
On Jun 28, 2015, davidpaul$ wrote:
I downloaded this... This has been done before.. Same concept coin through card. I'm racking my brain to remember who it was. I even made up the gimmick way back when. I'm thinking Lee Asher but I could be wrong.
Regardless.. A nice piece of eye candy and worth the $3.95.

Thanks!

Yes I'm sure the concept can't possibly be new. I have heard Lee has played with it as well as another (Eric) that I've heard of since releasing. I haven't seen Lee's, but I know this routine is quite different from Eric's. I'm glad you are enjoying it and find it worthwhile!

peacegroovy
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of peacegroovy
Looks really good! Love the visuals! I can't wait for your future releases!
MagicallyMe
View Profile
Veteran user
Manhattan Beach, CA
356 Posts

Profile of MagicallyMe
What other. Adds have you used for this effect? Face cards for example?
jtmorris
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
158 Posts

Profile of jtmorris
Thanks Peacegroovy!

Quote:
On Jun 29, 2015, MagicallyMe wrote:

I cover this in the download Smile

peacegroovy
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of peacegroovy
Just out of curiosity, would it be possible to do the same effect using something other than a coin (e.g. torn corner of a card)? I'll definitely pick this up after I return home from travelling.
jtmorris
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
158 Posts

Profile of jtmorris
Indeed, a torn cornercorner would work very well.

jtmorris
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
158 Posts

Profile of jtmorris
Quote:
On Jun 29, 2015, MagicallyMe wrote:

Sent you a PM Smile

jtmorris
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
158 Posts

Profile of jtmorris
Sorry to bump this, but I found an old video of the first version of this effect from five years ago! It's changed a lot. I stopped doing the last phase entirely.

For your enjoyment: Coin Through Card Final.wmv: https://youtu.be/Xs3Ns25MR6s

Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
719 Posts

Profile of Bill08
Is this similar to 'BlockBuster' recently released by Mark Mason?
jtmorris
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
158 Posts

Profile of jtmorris
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2015, Bill08 wrote:
Is this similar to 'BlockBuster' recently released by Mark Mason?

I don't know this method, but watching the trailer, it looks like the methods would be quite different. CL would be much simpler I imagine. I can do CL with my spectator within three feet of the card and the method is undetectable.

Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
Bought this last night after seeing the thread. This is beautiful, it's one of those illusions that stuns me even as I'm doing it and even as I know the secret. Quite possibly the best $4 I've ever spent. Can't praise this enough. Thank you.
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
Quote:
On Jun 28, 2015, jtmorris wrote:
Quote:
While it does look nice, I can't imagine anyone watching this and not wanting to see the card, even if they "examined" it earlier.

They typically don't, but you treat it like they do. It's all covered in the download. Think of it like cigarette through quarter or card, or like a torn and restored card. It takes a bit audience management, because it's not self working. However, if you're comfort level is okay to do a torn and restored card or an effect like pen through dollar bill or Misled, then you can do this without issue.

The reason I wanted to keep this priced well was that even if someone bought it and decided they didn't want to use it, it cost them as much as a cup of Starbucks. But I'm guessing it will be useful!

Well, time to admit that I was wrong. I've performed this for a number of people and none thought it was the card.
jtmorris
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
158 Posts

Profile of jtmorris
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2015, NicholasD wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 28, 2015, jtmorris wrote:
Quote:

Well, time to admit that I was wrong. I've performed this for a number of people and none thought it was the card.

Wonderful! I'm glad it's getting a good response for you!

jtmorris
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
158 Posts

Profile of jtmorris
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2015, Slackerking wrote:
Bought this last night after seeing the thread. This is beautiful, it's one of those illusions that stuns me even as I'm doing it and even as I know the secret. Quite possibly the best $4 I've ever spent. Can't praise this enough. Thank you.

Thank you. I'm humbled that people are enjoying it so much. It would be helpful for me if you could leave a review on the product page too.

Thank you!

jtmorris
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
158 Posts

Profile of jtmorris
Hey all. I was finally able to get some video of a live performance of this. I show all the dirty work and show you how I get in and out of this. Hopefully this addresses any concerns about people wondering about the card. The reactions are great. Enjoy! https://youtu.be/nRJI68JQD68

jtmorris
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
158 Posts

Profile of jtmorris
Hey all. I was finally able to get some video of a live performance of this. I show all the dirty work and show you how I get in and out of this. Hopefully this addresses any concerns about people wondering about the card. The reactions are great. Enjoy! https://youtu.be/nRJI68JQD68

Gorecki
View Profile
Loyal user
My servante is currently filled with
268 Posts

Profile of Gorecki
Thanks a lot for the performance video, JT.
We need more of this.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cointum Leap ~ Looks like a camera trick! (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL