The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Contrasting Coins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1862 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Quote:
On Jul 3, 2015, Michael Rubinstein wrote:
They are all real, but the metal changed with the King George pennies, and may have changed again with the Queen Elizabeth pennies (or they are just the same). The two types of Queen Victoria pennies (i think the older ones from the 1800s are called the bun type, and the ones after those from the early 1900s were the veil type) are the ones that turn dark.

Are you sure about that? I had a couple of King George pennies from the early 1900s (which I don't have anymore) that were very dark and definitely made of different material from the Queen Elizabeth pennies we are all familiar with.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4096 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
The King George pennies appeared in the early 1900s. They were the same bronze metal as the queen Victoria pennies, until in 1925 became 95% copper. During the war they became 97% copper, but went right back to the 95% copper mix after the war, and are the same as the Queen Elizabeth pennies. I should add that I love the Queen Victoria pennies since they look good, are not expensive, and are soft. The bun head coins are usually softer but have less detail. The veil head pennies work great as well and also look good.
Available at dealers EVERYWHERE - RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
And if anyone (USA ONLY) needs some of the coin stuff used in the book, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com as I have some limited supplies of coins and props used in the book.
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
633 Posts

Profile of karnak
Quote:
On Jul 2, 2015, Bin wrote:
But I need a half dollar sized coin ... I love the idea of the hole, don't get me wrong. The Hong Kong coins I found on the Johnson Magic Products website, for example, looked really good to me, but I chickened out at the price and ordered some English Pennies instead.

Note that the Hong Kong coins are gaffed coins, hence their $35 price tag.

But Johnson also sells regular (ungaffed) Chinese coins for only $15 each. See: http://www.johnsonmagicproducts.com/shop......a2ee1975
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
Bin
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Bin
Thanks, karnak! I may just purchase their regular Chinese coin some time in the future.
Remember Quacky.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Contrasting Coins (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL