The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Favorite Ex/Sh effect?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27116 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
How about ^ or ~
...to all the coins I've dropped here
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8695 Posts

Profile of harris
I like my nearly normal version of
QuadraQuicksand Coins from Kaufman's(not his) Coin Magic.

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4838 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hi Krumb,
It's the same as the open travelers with cards! You place 1 coin on the table And have 3 coins in the hand. One at a time you pick them up in the other hand, squeeze it in your hand and it dematerializes ( turns invisible) and then you set it down on the table, by the other coin and it
rematerializes ( turns back visible)! Okay, hope this helps!

Best David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
Bill Citino
View Profile
Special user
Doylestown, PA
831 Posts

Profile of Bill Citino
Quote:
On 2004-02-17 01:35, Full Effect wrote:
Heh heh Im good friends with Dean
I know which routine your talking about...

its the variation of no extras using something "extra" for "cleaner" shows... Ive talk to Dean about that routine to me I don't think it should also be called No Extras.. but that's just me

Now that you mentioned it I think that you're right about the whole name thing. But lemme tell ya it is a great routine don't you agree.

-Bill
CitinoMAGIC: SLEEPLESS NIGHTS eBook - AVAILABLE NOW!
Krumb
View Profile
Loyal user
Vancouver, WA
300 Posts

Profile of Krumb
David,

It sounds really cool. I will have to see if I can track it down in print via one of your books....thanks.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4838 Posts

Hi Krumb,
Thanks man! You can find It in my Japan Notes!
On my web site at http://www.stumagic.com ( my link is about half way down the opening page). It's also in my A-1 Video The Coinjurer! Okay, later man!

Best David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
Heather3fly
View Profile
New user
AZ-FL
20 Posts

Profile of Heather3fly
Coin through glass, I love this trick it gets really good reactions at the bar.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27116 Posts

Heather3fly, is there a clear table at the bar? Have you done coin-through-glass table?
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4838 Posts

Hi Gang,
I Had A 4 Coins Through A Glass Taple top in the 20th Year Of Apocalypse ( also in the 15-20 hardbound Apoclypse). It has all ways gotten killer Reactions!!!

Best David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
Justin Craddock
View Profile
Regular user
buffalo,ny
127 Posts

Profile of Justin Craddock
Paul Gertner's Matrix To Reverse Matrix with two cards
"When a performance is over, What remains"
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6827 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Coins Through The Glass is great using the Mag Half Set from Johnson...

Just using the e] is great, it's just that the above ends a bit cleaner...Bobo-switch, and you're done!

Cheers!

Doug
Krumb
View Profile
Loyal user
Vancouver, WA
300 Posts

Profile of Krumb
Quote:
On 2004-02-19 12:34, Heather3fly wrote:
Coin through glass, I love this trick it gets really good reactions at the bar.

I've been fooling around with this....looks kind of odd....takes a certain touch to not make it look bad.
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Hey guys, I just put a review of Chris Korn's new DVDs up at http://www.coinvanish.com. Chris' routines use the ex/sh a lot, take a look at the reviews, you may want to get these DVDs.
Click to visit:
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
If you get Chris Korn's Lecture Notes: "Be Fruitful and Multiply", these contain two super effects using the ex/sh. Both of the tricks are on his lecture video from International Magic in England, and one of them is on "Extreme Korn" (or maybe "Radical Korn").

The first "The Liptak Sighting" is a three coin production. The first two coins appear from your elbows and are placed on the table. You reach to take a third, you take an invisible coin and throw it to the table, there is now seen to be a third coin on the table. This is repeated.

The second effect is his brilliant Copper/Silver routine. A copper coin is put inside the spectators hand a silver coin on top, the magician waves his hand over the coin, and it is seen to have changed (one note; Chris says you need a milled down penny, I managed to get hold of an old one which worked fine, it just needs to be well worn, a lot cheaper than having a coin specialy prepared).

I saw Chris perform several of the tricks from his new DVD set, and they all looked great.

Don't forget the countless 3 Fly routines.

owen
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27116 Posts

I don't know about 'countless' routines. The original is just fine with me. As to applications of e] or ] in general, let's not forget the 21 cent trick. Has anyone found my little coins through table from Apocalypse? Smile
Rob Elliott
View Profile
Elite user
Reston VA
487 Posts

Profile of Rob Elliott
Quote:
On 2004-02-16 20:57, therntier wrote:
Doug Brewer's Unexpected Visitor has a lot of strong effects with the Ex/Sh. His coins across addresses some of the issues that other coins across have.

Yes! Love the routines in that book including Sounds Familiar and his three-coin production from a pen cap (Cap-tivating) and subsequent vanish (The Hook Revisited).
GSmithson
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of GSmithson
For me, the Peregrinating Halves is a classic. The effect can have a thoroughly enchanting effect on an audience as the coins travle one by one in the most magical manner.
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
685 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
Troy Hoosers ExTROYdinary

Iain.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Favorite Ex/Sh effect?? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL