The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Market Slides » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
He is aggressively ignorant.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
"a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
capital letters and childish acronyms,
Signifying nothing."

William Shakespeare
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1338 Posts

Profile of imgic
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2015, Dannydoyle wrote:
He is aggressively ignorant.

Quote if the day
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2015, Slim King wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2015, irossall wrote:
I don't know if it is still happening but members of Congress used to be able to do inside trading. How fair is that? I would go to Prison.
-Iven

They made a big deal about taking insider trading off the table yet they put it right back on a session or two later.

I'm sure glad my prayers were answered today!!!!! Smile

What a crock. Three days ago you had the entire market and economy going down the toilet. Only you would refuse to admit being totally wrong and then have the audacity to credit your "prayers" for today's remarkable rebound- the biggest in the last four years. (Even though I know you would have been ROTFLYAO if the market continued to drop today- which is what, I suspect, you were really praying for.)

But I guess that's a lot easier than just admitting that you didn't know what you were talking about.

What was that nonsense you posted a while back about how you always admit when you're wrong?
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2015, irossall wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
I still want to know who Bill's clients and investors are that Slim keeps referring to.

Another perfect example of him just making things up as he goes along.

Read his mind. Post what you find.
-Iven

I tried, but I came up empty.
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
OUCH!

Slim is not a bad person. Maybe a bit opinionated but NOT a bad guy.

My take on "Freedom of Speech" is say what you want, just don't be hateful or threatening.

I also say foolish things at times. Sometimes I will say something I really don't believe, just to get responses from people. Sometimes I really do believe what I am saying. Sometimes I'm right, sometimes I'm wrong. I'm not making laws. What I say impacts nobody's life. Pick on the Politicians who do have an impact on your Life.
-Iven
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
188 Posts

Profile of R.S.
I figured it out! "Slim" stands for Silly Little Ignorant Man. Smile

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Aug 27, 2015, irossall wrote:
OUCH!

My take on "Freedom of Speech" is say what you want, just don't be hateful or threatening.

I also say foolish things at times. Sometimes I will say something I really don't believe, just to get responses from people. Sometimes I really do believe what I am saying. Sometimes I'm right, sometimes I'm wrong. I'm not making laws. What I say impacts nobody's life. Pick on the Politicians who do have an impact on your Life.
-Iven

Nothing wrong with being opinionated. But the thing about a troll is that s/he breaks the trust of a conversation: that is, that one will actually respond to what one has actually said, and in the event of inevitable misunderstandings, an effort will be made to clarify. Otherwise, you may as well be talking to a robot. And ultimately that's very disrespectful to others on the board. It's using them as objects strictly for one's own game.

Has anyone actually performed a Turing Test with Slim? Would he pass?

THE BOT WHO CANNOT PASS A TURING TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
OUCH!

-Iven

Of you say things you don't believe just to get responses you are a troll.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
E.S. Andrews
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of E.S. Andrews
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2015, Destiny wrote:
"a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
capital letters and childish acronyms,
Signifying nothing."

William Shakespeare

Nice SLIMification of Macbeth, Destiny!
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Quote:
On Aug 27, 2015, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
OUCH!

-Iven

Of you say things you don't believe just to get responses you are a troll.

That's Cool. I can live with that.
-Iven
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Market Slides » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL