The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Periods & styles of Magic » » Islamic Magician (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lou Is
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Lou Is
Has anyone ever seen (or heard of) an magician doing magic "in the Islam way", like western magicians often use the bible as a theme for their shows? I'd be very interested in seeing how that would be received. Not so hot in the usa, needless to say, but I wonder if in Islamic countries if this is popular - or prohibited.
TIA!
DaleTrueman
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
317 Posts

Profile of DaleTrueman
It is my (non expert) understanding that Islam forbids magic of any sort.

http://www.bakkah.net/articles/islam-magic-magicians.htm

I was at a recent discussion where a children's magician told us he now had a show based completely on bubble blowing especially for Muslim families and schools.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2015, DaleTrueman wrote:
It is my (non expert) understanding that Islam forbids magic of any sort.

http://www.bakkah.net/articles/islam-magic-magicians.htm

I was at a recent discussion where a children's magician told us he now had a show based completely on bubble blowing especially for Muslim families and schools.

I have performed magic at Muslim events and birthday parties. So it must not be strictly forbidden.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
HenryleTregetour
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of HenryleTregetour
Watch the Penn and Teller Magic and Mystery Tour.

One of the locations is Egypt, ie. Muslim.

Another episode is in India. I do not know if Indian conjurors are Muslim, but they are outside the Hindu caste system and considered unclean.

HLT
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Periods & styles of Magic » » Islamic Magician (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL