The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » New York Coin Magic Seminar - Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dj
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of dj
Many famous, excellent coin magicians(G.Latta, D.Roth, M.Rubinstein, M.Gallo, Al Schneider, ...etc.) were seen on NYCMS DVDs.

One was not there, David Neighbour.
I am surprised that David Neighbour was not there, although he is also an excellent coin magician.
Is there any particular reason that David was not there?

That would interest me.

Perhaps David Neighbour and Michael Rubinstein can say something about it?

dj
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4856 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Mostly It Sstarted Out As just the east Cost Guys! And They have had A few Guest!
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4099 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
We started the New York Coin Magic Seminar after the Coinvention of I think 2003. We had Mike Gallo as our first guest because he lived in the city in the 1980s, and we all had the same philosophy. Mike did such a great job that he became part of the group. The rest of our special guests (such as Curtis Kam, Kainoa Harbottle, Paul Cummins, Al Schneider, Eric DeCamps, Giacomo Bertini, Scotty York, Bob Fitch, Jean Emmanuel Franzis, Doug Brewer, Vic Trabuco, and appearances by others, were chosen based on friendships, New York connections, availability, or in line with the theme of our seminar. There are so many good coin guys out there, and had we continued to do our seminars we would have invited many other qualified magicians to participate. Your question could have asked about any of the myriad of performers who didn't appear, so I am curious as to why you singled out David. It makes it sound like there was an underlying sinister reason, which of course is not the case.
Available at dealers EVERYWHERE - RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
And if anyone (USA ONLY) needs some of the coin stuff used in the book, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com as I have some limited supplies of coins and props used in the book.
PAUL 7
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of PAUL 7
Hi David,

I have seen some of your coin tricks on YouTube and they look really good. Do you have any DVDs. I know you have a books.

Paul
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4856 Posts

Hi Paul,

Thanks man! I had a Video Tape ( Now A DVD! )Called The Coinjurer! Out around 20 or so years Ago! You would Have To look around for it! It was Put out By A-1 !

And I have A DVD on the cerberus Gimmick! But That will not do you any good If you don't Have A Cerberus Gaff!!! Smile

I have 3 DVD Lecture Set Comeing out! my Part was done Years Ago!

And A DVD On the Magnetic Coin box. Comeing Out! Agen My part Was Done Years Ago!
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5340 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Dr. Mike: This is just speculation on my part, but of all the great coin guys you mentioned in your post, David Neighbors is the only one who consistently posts here on The Magic Café in the coin subforums on a regular basis. That's a possible reason he is the only coin guy mentioned by the OP.

Jim
gallagher
View Profile
Inner circle
1090 Posts

Profile of gallagher
Thank goodness!
I think this should finally put to bed
all rumours connecting David
to 9/11,
Three-mile Island,
the sinking of the Titanic,
and poisoning of the Pope in 1184.

,NOW
I can buy one of his books(!).
gallagher

p.s.: I find it fair, however;
that folks still wonder about
Mb's and Vinny's whereabouts,
on the 17th Febuary, 1963.
PAUL 7
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of PAUL 7
Thanks David,

I hope you come out with some DVDs. l would be interested and getting them.

Paul
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4856 Posts

Hi Paul Thanks man! We just need To get these guys To put The ones I already Hve taped Out! Smile
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
dj
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of dj
Quote:
On Jul 2, 2015, Michael Rubinstein wrote:
Your question could have asked about any of the myriad of performers who didn't appear, so I am curious as to why you singled out David. It makes it sound like there was an underlying sinister reason, which of course is not the case.

Why David?
Because he is also a excellent coin magician. He also belongs to this group, such as you, David Roth, Geoffrey Latta, Michael Gallo and the others who were there, I think.
That is the reason.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4856 Posts

Hay thanks dj. Smile
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » New York Coin Magic Seminar - Question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.61 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL