The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Code Break by Joel Dickinson (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8251 Posts

Profile of pegasus
So this is essentially IUYM without any app. Would that be a reasonable assumption to make?
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1364 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
I think this sounds pretty cool and Myke saying its good is very promising. The benefit of IUYM though is all the other information you glean from the missed attempts at getting your password correct.
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1281 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Thanks all.

Hi Rus, Code Break will be available soon. Paul you will love it. Im very happy as its a strong piece of magic which is very deceptive.

Keep your eyes peeled.

Kind regards,

Joel
REALWORKERS.CO.UK
TADAA.CO.UK - ASTONISHING MAGIC
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1364 Posts

Cant wait - really like firefly and horosecrets so sure this will be cool too
Daniel Meadows
View Profile
Veteran user
Manchester, UK
390 Posts

Profile of Daniel Meadows
I got to see this yesterday during a session with the creative mind that is Joel. I really like this and despite having a good idea what was going to happen (as I had read an early draft) it still flew right by me. The bonus we discovered is that it can work on Android as well (it worked on my Samsung Galaxy S4 with a slight modification). So it's not just Iphones that get the Code Break love!
Cerberus Wallet, Equilibrium, Counterfeit, Deadly Marked Deck, Infamous, Instinct
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1788 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
SNAPS | You Know | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
jayrol251
View Profile
New user
uk
35 Posts

Profile of jayrol251
I got to see this before it evolves and still thought it was a clever app until he repeated it with my own phone! Great idea Joel.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Very clever!!

Would love to see what's going on to make that last one so clean
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of daniltan
Is there any language limitation for this?
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
This is very interesting. Hope to see more reviews.

Just to confirm, it works on every model of android phone, right? I have a Samsung note.

Thanks.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8251 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2015, daniltan wrote:

No none. This is bloody ingenious. There's no setup involved, only initially once you know the method, and then you're good to go, you're straight into it. Lots of confused faces when you perform this one. It's like WTF???
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3613 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Can the spectator hold the phone while tapping in the pin code ?
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of daniltan
Quote:
On Jul 11, 2015, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2015, daniltan wrote:

No none. This is bloody ingenious. There's no setup involved, only initially once you know the method, and then you're good to go, you're straight into it. Lots of confused faces when you perform this one. It's like WTF???

Jeezzz.. I can see money flying out from my wallet already. Can't resist. Thanks for your answer, pegasus.
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
As mentioned this is brilliant....

Cheeky but brilliant, my style of magic.

Great stuff Joel.

All the best

R
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
926 Posts

Profile of jbadman
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2015, jayrol251 wrote:
I got to see this before it evolves and still thought it was a clever app until he repeated it with my own phone! Great idea Joel.

This is the bit that interests me the most - so this can be performed to one spectator who guesses the digits, with a phone borrowed from another spectator?
http://www.underground-collective.com - check out our new DVD now!
sjrw
View Profile
Special user
563 Posts

Profile of sjrw
Quote:
On Jul 11, 2015, jbadman wrote:
This is the bit that interests me the most - so this can be performed to one spectator who guesses the digits, with a phone borrowed from another spectator?

No it can't. However I have an interesting method to do this which I've been using for a while. I shared it with Joel yesterday. It could possibly work quite well alongside Code Break.

Code Break is totally worth a look. I thoroughly enjoyed the method, and I haven't used it yet, I can see this working extremely well.
A similar effect released recently called E4sy used a method which I felt could easily be perceived by the audience (in fact to some extent it relies on that fact), with Code Break there is very little to no risk of this.

A great method for a great effect. As someone who uses iunlockyourmind, I feel that this is a great alternative option, and a nice backup.
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of daniltan
I'm still trying to put this together to fit with my style. But, I like Code Break. I'm happy to bought this.
jayrol251
View Profile
New user
uk
35 Posts

Profile of jayrol251
Just been using this at an event today. Working as a tarot reader and used it as a test of the punters psychic ability!
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
814 Posts

Profile of magico
I like this as well. The only thing I would like to see is a full performance. Joel mention in a prior post that he was recording a full explanation and a performance too.
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1364 Posts

I think this is very clever. Where as ea4y was a bit too obvious; this is extremely deceptive and the spectator can genuinely say any numbers. Its hard to describe without giving away too much. The script directs them but doesn't massively restrict them. I hope that makes sense; despite being a little cryptic. I think you'll use this for sure. I know I will.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Code Break by Joel Dickinson (13 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL