The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Art Bell Returns (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE Smile

Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Oh yeah baby...
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Thank-you MG for that information. This is awesome NEWS!
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
WEEEE HAAAAAAA ... This is awesome!!!!!!! Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
1528 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Great news!!!
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Awesome!
Lo Pan
View Profile
Special user
Haven't slept in weeks - but I now have
769 Posts

Profile of Lo Pan
Oh man that is great news!
Matthew St. Cyr
View Profile
Special user
The Dark Woods of New England
793 Posts

Profile of Matthew St. Cyr
Very excited! This is great news!
The Wonder Lies In The Dark Between The Stars. . .
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
How many late night drives while listening to Art Bell.
A great on-the-road companion and will have you watching the skies!
Gregor Von G.
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of Gregor Von G.
Does he hosts radio progrms?
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
This man has been responsible for promoting pseudo-science for ages. It's harmful. He never tries to counterpoint his guests and just lets then merrily yammer on about unproven "facts" and the masses eat this up like candy.
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Quote:
On Jul 6, 2015, Gregor Von G. wrote:
Does he hosts radio progrms?

Yes, he was once the highest-rated late night radio talk show host in this country.
He also broadcast from his home.

The occult, the paranormal, monsters, UFO's and yes pseudoscience and protoscience were the over night discussions.

He was famous for not screening his caller's...and so you ended up hearing some very strange often wacky stories.
The callers did not fear being ridiculed on his show....this was key to its success.

It was spooky entertainment and NOT the conservative political talk show it was originally intended to be.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I love Art bell. He's a thinking man's radio host. He's open minded and isn't the pseudo-skeptic that a few might like to hear. I love the way he looks at every side of issues. He was the most popular and and sure he'll regain the throne in a few weeks or months.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On Jul 6, 2015, Slim King wrote:
I love Art bell. He's a thinking man's radio host. He's open minded and isn't the pseudo-skeptic that a few might like to hear. I love the way he looks at every side of issues. He was the most popular and and sure he'll regain the throne in a few weeks or months.

He only listened to one side of the issue, the guests. He rarely did point-counterpoint. That's not how you look at "every side of the issue." At least not in my world. I'm a reporter. Bell would be relegated to the back page of the National Inquirer if he was in my business.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Well Al .. I guess we will see. Do you think he will apply to you for a position at some time? If he does I'll warn him. OK?
Mr Timothy Gray
View Profile
Veteran user
Rue d'Auseil
364 Posts

Profile of Mr Timothy Gray
Quote:
On Jul 6, 2015, Al Desmond wrote:

He only listened to one side of the issue, the guests. He rarely did point-counterpoint. That's not how you look at "every side of the issue." At least not in my world. I'm a reporter. Bell would be relegated to the back page of the National Inquirer if he was in my business.

Has Art ever claimed to be a reporter? Genuinely asking.

I'm glad to hear he's coming back. Great entertainment. I have a wonderful memory of a long night drive from Austin, with Art on the radio. Didn't want the trip to end.
Yr. Obdt. Svt.,
Mr Timothy Gray

Specializing in the Occult Arts of Fortune Telling, Magic & Mediumship; Est. 1986
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
1528 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
I don't think Art Bell has ever said he was an objective reporter or a reporter at all. He may have but finding it would take years of listening to previous shows. No matter, I love the shows especially the "spooky" subject matter and the errant wackos that call in on open lines lol. Art at least challenges the far fetched stories and I find it amusing and entertaining.
And Al, I may be alone but don't you find a little charm in his guests yammering merrily along? Sorry. That made me laugh because it's true. Sometimes though, he will quip in with a c'mon. Lol
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
I enjoyed the muggles scared of their own shadows...I'm not proud of it but I did.
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2015, JAlenS wrote:
I don't think Art Bell has ever said he was an objective reporter or a reporter at all. He may have but finding it would take years of listening to previous shows. No matter, I love the shows especially the "spooky" subject matter and the errant wackos that call in on open lines lol. Art at least challenges the far fetched stories and I find it amusing and entertaining.
And Al, I may be alone but don't you find a little charm in his guests yammering merrily along? Sorry. That made me laugh because it's true. Sometimes though, he will quip in with a c'mon. Lol

Where did I say Bell was a reporter? I said I WAS A REPORTER. I was responding to Slim's "I love the way he looks at every side of issues." comment, which is patently a lie. I even admitted that he WASN'T in my business with my comment "Bell would be relegated to the back page of the National Inquirer IF HE WAS IN MY BUSINESS."

You must have been reading another comment by a different Al.

I don't think Al Desmond has ever said Art Bell was an objective reporter or a reporter at all.

Or maybe you could show me where I said that?
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2015, Mr Timothy Gray wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 6, 2015, Al Desmond wrote:

Has Art ever claimed to be a reporter? Genuinely asking.

I'm glad to hear he's coming back. Great entertainment. I have a wonderful memory of a long night drive from Austin, with Art on the radio. Didn't want the trip to end.

You must be having trouble comprehending my statement too. See my comment above.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Art Bell Returns (12 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL