The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Art Bell Returns (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Mr Timothy Gray
View Profile
Veteran user
Rue d'Auseil
362 Posts

Profile of Mr Timothy Gray
Calm down, dear boy. This isn't a serious discussion. And my reading comprehension is just fine.
Yr. Obdt. Svt.,
Mr Timothy Gray

Specializing in the Occult Arts of Fortune Telling, Magic & Mediumship; Est. 1986
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1455 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2015, Mr Timothy Gray wrote:
Calm down, dear boy. This isn't a serious discussion. And my reading comprehension is just fine.

I'm quite calm. But don't attribute something to me that I didn't write. Agreed?
Mr Timothy Gray
View Profile
Veteran user
Rue d'Auseil
362 Posts

Yes, but despite however you were responding to Slim King (I don't read his posts anymore), you can't restrict Art Bell to the standards of your own profession. It isn't fair to Art. He's a entertainer. And a ***ed good one at that.
Yr. Obdt. Svt.,
Mr Timothy Gray

Specializing in the Occult Arts of Fortune Telling, Magic & Mediumship; Est. 1986
Mr Timothy Gray
View Profile
Veteran user
Rue d'Auseil
362 Posts

In addition, I never said Al Desmond said Art Bell called himself a reporter. I simply asked if Art Bell has ever called himself a reporter.
Yr. Obdt. Svt.,
Mr Timothy Gray

Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2015, Mr Timothy Gray wrote:
Yes, but despite however you were responding to Slim King (I don't read his posts anymore)...

See. We agree on one thing. I try not to but his stupid remark about Art looking at both sides of an issue roped me in this time.

Soon enough you and I will be best friends.

I quiver thinking about it.
Mr Timothy Gray
View Profile
Veteran user
Rue d'Auseil
362 Posts

Smile
Yr. Obdt. Svt.,
Mr Timothy Gray

JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1523 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2015, Al Desmond wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2015, JAlenS wrote:
I don't think Art Bell has ever said he was an objective reporter or a reporter at all. He may have but finding it would take years of listening to previous shows. No matter, I love the shows especially the "spooky" subject matter and the errant wackos that call in on open lines lol. Art at least challenges the far fetched stories and I find it amusing and entertaining.
And Al, I may be alone but don't you find a little charm in his guests yammering merrily along? Sorry. That made me laugh because it's true. Sometimes though, he will quip in with a c'mon. Lol

Where did I say Bell was a reporter? I said I WAS A REPORTER. I was responding to Slim's "I love the way he looks at every side of issues." comment, which is patently a lie. I even admitted that he WASN'T in my business with my comment "Bell would be relegated to the back page of the National Inquirer IF HE WAS IN MY BUSINESS."

You must have been reading another comment by a different Al.

I don't think Al Desmond has ever said Art Bell was an objective reporter or a reporter at all.

Or maybe you could show me where I said that?

I was responding to Mr Gray's inquiry. Then yours. I should have clarified. I have no ill-intent toward you Al. Geez Smile
The Supernaturalist
View Profile
Regular user
The City of Lights
111 Posts

Profile of The Supernaturalist
AWESOME!
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
I still like IN SEARCH OF more....
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17402 Posts

Profile of Slim King
He's awesome!!!! Best interviewer we've heard on the radio in years!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2015, Slim King wrote:
He's awesome!!!! Best interviewer we've heard on the radio in years!

I agree. If your idea of "best" is an interviewer who lobs softball questions that sound like he's reading off the talking points from a book jacket or publicists cue sheet.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17402 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Yes ... He's very successful. People with big ego's absolutely hate him but those of us who understand a true gem of a interviewer love him.
I think he's probably the number one late night radio personality in his area of expertise.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2015, Slim King wrote:
Yes ... He's very successful. People with big ego's absolutely hate him but those of us who understand a true gem of a interviewer love him.
I think he's probably the number one late night radio personality in his area of expertise.

He's all those things and more. Doesn't make him a good interviewer, just a biased one, preaching to the choir. I don't bemoan him his success, I just don't agree with him or most of his guests.

You see Slim, you have to project every time someone doesn't accept things, or see things the same way you do.

And then you resort to insulting the person who doesn't agree with you with remarks like "People with big ego's absolutely hate him."

You also try to put words in peoples mouths. I don't "hate" Art Bell. And I never said I did (unless you can show me where I used that word... I checked, don't waste your time).

But anyway. Good luck for Art. Someone needs to babysit the easily gullible.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17402 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Jul 6, 2015, Al Desmond wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 6, 2015, Slim King wrote:
I love Art bell. He's a thinking man's radio host. He's open minded and isn't the pseudo-skeptic that a few might like to hear. I love the way he looks at every side of issues. He was the most popular and and sure he'll regain the throne in a few weeks or months.

He only listened to one side of the issue, the guests. He rarely did point-counterpoint. That's not how you look at "every side of the issue." At least not in my world. I'm a reporter. Bell would be relegated to the back page of the National Inquirer if he was in my business.

Sounds like hate speech to me....RELEGATED TO THE BACK PAGE OF THE NATIONAL ENQUIRER!!!!!
How can you wish him good luck when you said THIS about him??????
"This man has been responsible for promoting pseudo-science for ages. It's harmful. He never tries to counterpoint his guests and just lets then merrily yammer on about unproven "facts" and the masses eat this up like candy."

You say he's harmful!!!!!

I'm glad he's returned!!!!
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On Jul 29, 2015, Slim King wrote:
Sounds like hate speech to me....RELEGATED TO THE BACK PAGE OF THE NATIONAL ENQUIRER!!!!!
How can you wish him good luck when you said THIS about him??????
"This man has been responsible for promoting pseudo-science for ages. It's harmful. He never tries to counterpoint his guests and just lets then merrily yammer on about unproven "facts" and the masses eat this up like candy."

You say he's harmful!!!!!

I'm glad he's returned!!!!

Hate speech? You're stretching here. Why don't you get the social justice warriors on this. Maybe they can make dissenting opinions about psychics and mediums (and supportive talk show hosts) politically incorrect hate speech. You're rhetoric is of the "end of discussion" type tactic, berate the dissenting speech and make it practically socially unacceptable.

That's what one does when they can't intelligently debate a topic.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17402 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Your critical speech shouldn't be justified just because you are jealous of someone in radio. You have the freedom to say what you want but it's painfully obvious that your ego has gotten the better of you. It happens and I'm sorry.

Art Bell is a pioneer in radio. Great man!!!! Smile
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5179 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I never saw Art Bell as a legitimate newsman or interviewer on any level. In fact, he's more like the National Enquirer of radio. And that's fine with me. His show has entertained me many a sleepless night, whether by choice of by circumstance. I don't consider myself a gullible person, but I do consider myself open to being amused...and I think on many - if not most occasions - Art was soundly in on his own joke, and well-aware of the puppet show he was holding the strings to.

I listen to NPR, BBC, CNN...but I welcome back with open arms AB radio. Dude knows how to put on a show.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1456 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Quote:
On Jul 29, 2015, Wizard of Oz wrote:
"he's more like the National Enquirer of radio... Art was soundly in on his own joke, and well-aware of the puppet show he was holding the strings to.

I think it all boils down to that, entertainment.

But you guys are funny care on.

Smile
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5179 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Exactly right Darkness. For me...can't speak for others...Art Bell has always been about the entertainment. And, on many occasion his show has made my brain stir, and my imagination wander. And sometimes, I lie awake just thinking about what I've heard. So that's entertainment. Plus some. And I guess the "plus some" keeps me coming back.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2611 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
I'm glad I never heard of the guy!!
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Art Bell Returns (12 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL