We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » The Complete Cups & Balls By Michael Ammar (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6992 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Wow, Frank...I had no clue about that...my copy must've been edited, because he just has the three pieces of bread...no comments of that nature, as I just watched the last part again...well...maybe that's good...don't know what to make of that...hopefully just an innocent misunderstanding!

Sincerely,

Doug
Frankm6
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of Frankm6
"my copy must've been edited, because he just has the three pieces of bread...no comments of that nature Sincerely, Doug"

My videos are old and so hopefully Bob Read's comments were edited out on the newer copies. If they were edited out I applaud Ammar for doing something much more important then a wand spin. Anybody can do something wrong but it takes a brave man to admit to it and to fix it. If anybody can confirm that Read’s comments were taken out I’m going to throw my tapes in the trash and pick up the DVDs and learn that wand spin.

I'm serious, does anybody know if Bob Read's comments were cut out of the DVD? I want to pick up the DVDs but won't if his "tokenism" comment haven't been omitted.
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
I have a question - do the DVDs and the book cover the exact same material?

Obviously the book will work as a stand alone item.

Do the DVDs work as a stand alone item (without the book)?
Click to visit:
Vincent
View Profile
Loyal user
New York Metro Area
270 Posts

Profile of Vincent
Dan,

I used to have the tapes and from what I remember they worked as a stand alone item very well.

I doubt that the DVD content would be different.

Take Care,

Vincent Smile Smile Smile
what
View Profile
Special user
Lehi, UT, USA
643 Posts

Profile of what
I have the Book and the DVD's. The learning content is identical, They both teach the basic moves and the same increasingly complex routines which culminate in teaching Dai Vernons routine. Both cover the same basic moves, wand spins, wand vanishes, opening sequences, middle sequences, and final load sequences.

Each has unique supplimental material. the book example includes an overview of Ammars Cups & Balls Routine(a brief version of what is in his green book) which the Video doesn't have. The book aslo has the interviews with other famous cups & balls performers.
The DVDs have the footage of Dai Vernon performing the Cups & balls and the historical pieces by Bob Read.

Enjoy!!

Mike
Magic is fun!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » The Complete Cups & Balls By Michael Ammar (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL