The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Question On "Through the Hand 2?" From Coins On Edge? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KenRyan
View Profile
Elite user
464 Posts

Profile of KenRyan
Just a quick question here. In Kainoa Harbottle's "Coins On Edge," there's a routine called "Through the Hand 2." The handlings are clear enough, but I'm a bit confused as to why the routine calls for 3 coins - one in FP of left, one in EG of right, and the one to be penetrated at the fingertips of the right.

For some reason that I don't understand, you do a retention pass into the EG to join the coin already there, then transfer them to Mutobe so you can hood the right hand flat at the end.

Can anyone tell me why there needs to be that extra coin - the one already in EG to start? I must be missing something.

Thanks.

Ken
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of Christopher Moro
Hi Ken, I believe three coins are in use because what's being described in the book is a segment of a full three coin routine Kainoa shared on Curtis' "Palms of Steel 2" DVD. So if memory serves me correctly, that portion of the book describes the move in the context of that routine (even if the routine isn't described in full in the book), hence, three coins are in play.
KenRyan
View Profile
Elite user
464 Posts

Profile of KenRyan
Thanks Christopher. It isn't actually "supposed" to be presented as part of a large routine the way it is presented. But it makes sense that if any part of it was copied from a larger segment, that would explain it. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious (not uncommon for me:-P).

Thanks again!

Ken
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of Christopher Moro
I just looked it up and saw Kainoa states that you can figure out how to "get there" yourself, so yes, I believe he's teaching it in the context of a 3 coin routine, but of course, as you noted, 3 coins is not necessary to just perform "Through The Hand 2."
KenRyan
View Profile
Elite user
464 Posts

Profile of KenRyan
Thanks Christopher!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Question On "Through the Hand 2?" From Coins On Edge? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL