The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Bill Cosby admits drug seduction (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..14~15~16 [Next]
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2015, imgic wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 8, 2015, Slim King wrote:
Have they arrested Bill yet? Has he been convicted of a crime? Has he been sentenced to jail or prison? Who was the judge? Who was the jury?

Yet it seems many of you want to be the executioner Smile

Agree he's not been charged or convicted. But would you let your daughter stay over at his house for the weekend?

That's an absurd question and you know it.

Slim probably doesn't even know Bill Cosby's address, so how could he drive his daughter over there Mr. Smarty-pants?
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
188 Posts

Profile of R.S.

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
I wouldn't trust Bill Cosby's daughter.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
Have they arrested Bill yet? Has he been convicted of a crime? Has he been sentenced to jail or prison? Who was the judge? Who was the jury?

Funny how you don't ask the obvious questions:

Why did he settle several cases for large sums of money on the condition that the facts never be made public?

Why did he defame those plaintiffs publicly by calling them liars despite the fact that the he too was bound by the gag order attached to the settlements?

There are over FORTY women who have claimed that Cosby drugged and raped them. Are you seriously suggesting, DAVE, that they're all lying when the facts that continue to be revealed every day support, rather than discredit, their claims?

And, yes. I, too, would like to know if you'd have any problem with your daughter going up to Cosby's hotel room to seek career advice.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2015, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:
Boy, this is sad. I grew up watching "Fat Albert," and later listening to Cosby's comedy lp's. One year my mom asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday, and I said I wanted to go see Cosby at the Puyallup Fair. At the time, I was shocked that he was smoking a cigar while doing his standup routine. Little did we know.

I'm older than you. I watched "I Spy" and his early sit-com and variey show that didn't work. I don't want him to be guilty "because he's black." I don't want him to be innocent "because he's black." I wanted him to be innocent because he was a major portion of MY childhood and I looked up to him as an entertainer.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
I thought he was cool and find hard it to believe.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2015, rockwall wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 8, 2015, acesover wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 8, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
Actually, I'm just slightly left of center. It only seems like the far left to you because you are teetering on the far edge of right.

But the arrogance you show by presuming that everyone on the left holds the same positions on everything is just astonishing.

Did you really post that first sentence with a straight face? That is like me saying, I lean to the right a bit.

I think landmark makes the same claim. The far left always think of themselves as being mainstream.

In every Western democracy in the rest of the world, the positions of the leftmost of the two major American parties would be considered right-wing. That is just objective fact.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2015, rockwall wrote:

I think landmark makes the same claim. The far left always think of themselves as being mainstream.

I don't know what you mean by "far left". But the "left" is certainly mainstream. Your nation has social security, a form of public healthcare, gay marriage, etc. Presumably those are sort of "lefty". More "lefty" than "righty" anyway. I don't see how programs like that come about unless the left has a significant voice and influence. Not to mention that there is a huge liberal component in your popular culture / entertainment.

Mainstream by the way means widespread, not majority.

IMHO, the left is absolutely mainstream. So is the right.

As for the far left or far right, I guess it depends how you define those terms.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:

Funny how you don't ask the obvious questions:

Why did he settle several cases for large sums of money on the condition that the facts never be made public?

Why did he defame those plaintiffs publicly by calling them liars despite the fact that the he too was bound by the gag order attached to the settlements?

There are over FORTY women who have claimed that Cosby drugged and raped them. Are you seriously suggesting, DAVE, that they're all lying when the facts that continue to be revealed every day support, rather than discredit, their claims?

And, yes. I, too, would like to know if you'd have any problem with your daughter going up to Cosby's hotel room to seek career advice.

BOB ... Now apply your logic to the Clintons Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Wow- DAVE avoided all the questions simply by changing the subject! What a surprise!

But, yes, Bill was a bad boy with Monica. But last I checked, their conduct was consensual and she wasn't unconscious at the time.

A point you seem to keep missing is this- Cosby has already admitted, under oath, to procuring Quaaludes for the purpose of facilitating sex with women. Quaaludes are known to induce an unconscious or semi-comatose state. You are aware, I would presume, that even if a woman voluntarily took the drug, she would be incapable of consenting to sex if she is unconscious. Having sex with an unconscious person has a legal definition- it's called rape.
The Hermit
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of The Hermit
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
Wow- DAVE avoided all the questions simply by changing the subject! What a surprise!

But, yes, Bill was a bad boy with Monica. But last I checked, their conduct was consensual and she wasn't unconscious at the time.

A point you seem to keep missing is this- Cosby has already admitted, under oath, to procuring Quaaludes for the purpose of facilitating sex with women. Quaaludes are known to induce an unconscious or semi-comatose state. You are aware, I would presume, that even if a woman voluntarily took the drug, she would be incapable of consenting to sex if she is unconscious. Having sex with an unconscious person has a legal definition- it's called rape.

Perhaps he gave them Benadryl because they were allergic to something. Benadryl can cause anxiety, so a quaalude was probably necessary to calm them down. I suspect he undressed them to check for allergic rashes. All pretty innocent if you ask me. Just a kindly old man trying to help young women in times of need.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3171 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
I’m sure he meant to say that he traded the pills for sex, not that he put them to sleep with them first. Nobody is that stupid. Smile

Tom
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2015, The Hermit wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:

Perhaps he gave them Benadryl because they were allergic to something. Benadryl can cause anxiety, so a quaalude was probably necessary to calm them down. I suspect he undressed them to check for allergic rashes. All pretty innocent if you ask me. Just a kindly old man trying to help young women in times of need.

Ok - it all reads quite good to that point, but then... that didn't look like a thermometer to me. Smile
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Love thy enemy. Look at what a cleaver way it is rape as the victim drugged is an unreliable witness. It is a cold and premeditated offence. Also its odd he would need to resort to this as with his money charm and fame he could quite easily get a women.

Tommy
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
I met Cosby twice when I worked at The Tonight Show. He was nice enough but there was something about him that seemed a little off - even the way he presented his act on the show was out of the norm, sitting in a folding chair at the very edge of the stage, the lights dimmed. I never suspected he was up to anything like this; we had plenty of odd folks on the show. But you did get this somewhat unnerving feeling being around him and I never could put my finger on exactly what it was.

Again, I try very hard to not be one to judge a book by its cover, and these accusations took me by surprise. Then again he also never tried to slip anything into my drink, and I'm a real looker so anyone who can show that kind of restraint around me clearly isn't right in the head.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
He might have done and the drugs have made you forget all about it.

Tommy
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2015, TomBoleware wrote:
I’m sure he meant to say that he traded the pills for sex, not that he put them to sleep with them first. Nobody is that stupid. Smile

Tom

So all these years later the gals don't want to admit to themselves or anyone else that they traded their bodies for drugs? Is that it?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3171 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2015, Slim King wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2015, TomBoleware wrote:

Tom

So all these years later the gals don't want to admit to themselves or anyone else that they traded their bodies for drugs? Is that it?

Don’t know, Im just saying he probably wouldn’t be crazy enough to admit it if he did put them to sleep first.

But yes it is a little odd they all are just now remembering that they can't remember. Smile

Tom
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
Also its odd he would need to resort to this as with his money charm and fame he could quite easily get a woman.

This is the part of his psyche that seems so sad...
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
... Different stroke for different folks ...
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Bill Cosby admits drug seduction (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..14~15~16 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL