The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Leon's Floating card trick (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4932 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Leon was nice enough to let me preview his video he has created and I really like it.
He has taken the Hummer card trick and super charged it. His double card work looks amazing and its within the grasp of an average thread worker. He also came up with a really simple way to have thread on hand and
what to do when the thread breaks. Elegant solution. This video also includes the pen trick and the bottle cap trick.
He covers all the basics of stripping, waxing and floating single and double cards.
Shot in full HD, my file is 3 gigs! He said he will convert it to a smaller size if its a download.
Leon is a super nice guy with mad skills. If you like the floating card, I think this is worth a look.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4932 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Sorry, forgot to post the link to the demo
https://youtu.be/IvVnZW8FOLI

and here is some single card work
https://youtu.be/g2wyl92FDCs
Lou Cirulli
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of Lou Cirulli
That looks awesome!!!
Nat
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of Nat
[
I agree -- this is outstanding! Original and amazing -- totally endorse it!

Puote]On Jul 11, 2015, Xiqual wrote:
Leon was nice enough to let me preview his video he has created and I really like it.
He has taken the Hummer card trick and super charged it. His double card work looks amazing and its within the grasp of an average thread worker. He also came up with a really simple way to have thread on hand and
what to do when the thread breaks. Elegant solution. This video also includes the pen trick and the bottle cap trick.
He covers all the basics of stripping, waxing and floating single and double cards.
Shot in full HD, my file is 3 gigs! He said he will convert it to a smaller size if its a download.
Leon is a super nice guy with mad skills. If you like the floating card, I think this is worth a look.
James [/quote]
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4932 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Leon told me it will be available soon. Hold on cause it won't be expensive either.
James
Maxy
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Double Floating Card Review

Don’t think this is the same effect you found in starter kits to make card fly around , this is professional solid routine built on years of practice and exploring different possibilities . From demo videos it is clear that Leon devoted long time to practice and polish his routines , you see this in his choreography and convincing performance . Many times when we know secret of a magic trick we don't enjoy watching it anymore but not in this case ! . We all know basic method of floating card and we still enjoy watching Leon’s flawless smooth performance.

This extensive video is more than 50 minutes of teaching in full HD . He explains which type of th***d he uses in his routine and how to strip it, of course you can use your favorite type of th***d or buy the type he uses for cheap.

He teaches his own hookup method which is very suitable for this type of effects. The Hookup doesn't need you to stick magician **x in your body. Also this hookup allows you to get few extra inches of th***d if you ever broke it so it is kind of simple in****** th***d reel built into your body hookup.

He explains his moves to control card levitation , how to flick the card and how to avoid some common problems which you may face.

He teaches 5 routines :

* Floating Card routine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2wyl92FDCs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYLxKYYkKJg

* Double Floating Card

How to control 2 cards simultaneously and float them. He shows you the required moves and how to untangle th***ds if they attracted together because you control 2 not one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvVnZW8FOLI

* PK Pen:

How to make pen stand on your arm or hand and after give it for examination. It is similar to Gaeton Bloom’s s****** c**** but with different hookup and handling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxHX0Du21FY

* Haunted Deck:

He uses his own hookup and handling to make deck cuts itself to spectator’s card and after you give everything for examination. We saw similar effects where performer put the deck inside card box or in his own hand or even on the ground but in this version you put the deck into the table casually and make the deck cuts itself without any apparent move from performer.

* Cap and Cups

This absolutely my favorite in this video. It is entertaining multi-phase routine where normal bottle cap jumps from cup to performer’s hand , other phases have multiple jumps from cup to cup and jumps after into the performer’s palm.

Cons:

The double floating card needs practice to make it work smoothly and to understand how to untangle th***ds so it will take time to master. It is not really negative because it is nature of magic to practice and practice.

Pros:

He shows which type of thread you can use so you can buy it very cheap or use your own th***d unlike some other creators who sell you DVD with ungimmicked cards and cost you shipping for something you already have .

Teaching is very good and he uses visible th***d also for explanation.

Cap and Cups is amazing and makes spectator wonder how it is done!

Double Floating Card is unique and will give you idea of controlling multiple objetcs.

New take in th***d hookup and floating card.

Conclusion

If you are beginner of course you will find good material here and solid effects. If you are expert in th***d works you will find something to learn because his hoockup and handling little different than what we get used to plus it has original effects for double floating and cap and cups.

Regards
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
896 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
Xiqual and Maxy pretty well covered it. Something here for everyone who wants to know more about floating a card. Hummer's version was one of the very first effects I learned in my early magic days and all I had were some written instructions. This download makes learning so much easier. One thing that I liked is how Leon teaches a multitude of card spins in detail. The negative for me is that it is a bit too dark in a lot of the video and tho it was possible to follow and see, I found my self straining my eyes to watch. This was the HD version (very long download for me) and this could potentially be more of a problem at a lower resolution. I couldn't help but wonder what it would be like in a professional studio (more expensive was the answer).

I have not been a thread person but after watching this I may have to give it another try.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1266 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
Being a thread worker for more than 15 years... you will find here Gold tips that you won't find anywhere else!
I'm only 12 min ahead of the video instructions but already saying WOW!

My complete review later but for now I can already confirm some of what's been written above and I'm sure later, all of it has been written... Leon is very humble and good teacher - straightforward explanations and he is the men in action Smile

*not affiliated and I don't know Leon personally but I hope someday... he seems a very nice guy!
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2404 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Where is this available?
Fin
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Fin
I second that! I don't do thread work but this looks like so much fun I may have to buy his tutorial and have a good play.. Where & when can I buy it?
AaronishMagic
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of AaronishMagic
Where do you make the purchase though?
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4932 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
It's not available yet. Very soon though.
James
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4932 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Leon told me this should be available on the 19th of this month. Like I said, it will be cheap.
James
floatingcardtrick
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of floatingcardtrick
New single card video:
https://youtu.be/hns0JtAHGZY
floatingcardtrick
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of floatingcardtrick
Cap and Cups Routine Live:
https://youtu.be/5yPmFQwlWbw
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1417 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Quote:
On Jul 12, 2015, AaronishMagic wrote:

The Floating Card by Leon Mjolnir is now live to download or stream at The Merchant of Magic

It's £9.99 (approx $14.99)

http://www.magicshop.co.uk/product_info.......d=146494

Hope this helps

Dominic
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4932 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I suggested he sell it for $20. I think youre getting a huge value. Leon told me he wants to get his work out there.
He's really a great guy.
James

Quote:
On Jul 14, 2015, Dominic Reyes wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 12, 2015, AaronishMagic wrote:

The Floating Card by Leon Mjolnir is now live to download or stream at The Merchant of Magic

It's £9.99 (approx $14.99)

http://www.magicshop.co.uk/product_info.......d=146494

Hope this helps

Dominic
Gorecki
View Profile
Loyal user
My servante is currently filled with
267 Posts

Profile of Gorecki
That looks very, very nice.
Now let's say I were to let myself go in that direction... What thread would you old hats at this recommend I get?
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
896 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
Buy the download and such information is covered.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
Gorecki
View Profile
Loyal user
My servante is currently filled with
267 Posts

Profile of Gorecki
Good to know, Barry.
Thanks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Leon's Floating card trick (15 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL