The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review::Masuda Stealth Deck by Touson (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Maxy
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Http://www.seomagic-usa.com/catalog/prod......_id/1374

One or many spectator can choose cards while you turn your back and they put their selections anywhere in the middle of the deck reversed. After you turn around you cover deck with handkerchief and you proceed to reveal the selections.

This is marked deck in a new clever way we never saw before in other magic products ( maybe some gamblers use this principle but not in this way ). Marks placed on card sides rather than on backs and this has advantage by giving you ability to read many selection at same time . Marks are invisible to the naked eyes and you need special something to get reading so deck looks very normal and you can use it in other routines without problems. Deck can be shuffled and inspected heavily without discovering anything not normal.

Marks can be read instantly , just you need to practice few minutes to make sure that you memorize the codings well so nothing complicated.

you receive the deck + instruction paper + special something to read the marks.

Cons:

The demo video doesn't show real performance because if you want to read you should cover the deck with handkerchief or it will be very obvious what you are doing Smile Demo shows instant read but you can not do it in same way without cover. Demo is misleading.

You need special something to read. It is not problem for me but the real problem this gimmick looks very cheap made so you can not put it in table casually without spectators know what is this. You need to palm it and ditch it after get reading. You can buy more deceptive looking gimmick and no one will ask what is this so in this way no need to palm or ditch anything because the deceptive looking of the gimmick. Fortunately this type of gimmick you can buy virtually everywhere.

You need to cover the deck with handkerchief . I came with alternative handling that after all spectators choose their cards you instruct them to wrap the deck with rubber band and put it under the handkerchief , you ask one spectator to put his/her hand on the top of the deck so they will be sure you can not tamper with the deck. You turn around and you put your hand inside handkerchief on top of the spectator hand and begin to read their minds.

Spectators should be infront of you or on left and right but not on your side because they will see the secret.

Pros

Intelligent marking

Marks are invisible.

You can read many cards at same time.

Deck is examinable and well made.

You can use deck for other routines.

Marks with this special something are very visible to magician not like other marked decks which they put tiny marks. I wear prescription eye glasses and I can read stealth deck marks on table without problem.

Conclusion:

This is very well made deck but it has its disadvantages, if you can live with these disadvantages and make good presentation for it it will be strong effect. You can use my presentation if you want Smile
Regards
My artificial intelligence designs:
https://instagram.com/9picks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review::Masuda Stealth Deck by Touson (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL