The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Review Request - Lincoln Live (Penguin Lecture) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
This is a Review Request for the Penguin Lincoln Lecture. I don't own it, or I'd post a review myself. I am primarily interested in the two mentalism items from the lecture.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
I've only seen the first half so I can't help. I didn't think too much to the toppit and coin stuff though.
Caliban
View Profile
Special user
727 Posts

Profile of Caliban
The Mentalist's Paper Balls Over the Head is the most usable thing in the lecture. It's a presentation idea rather than an effect - a way of presenting the reveal of any information so that the whole audience appear to take part in reading the participant's mind. It's for a stand up/stage show rather than close-up. The whole audience does experience an effect, unlike the regular Paper Balls Over Head where only the person on stage is fooled.

I didn't think much of the other mental idea called That Looks Disturbing. The basic effect is that you look at someone without saying anything, and they say on a scale of 1-10 how uncomfortable they feel. The idea is that they become less comfortable as you look at them. The premise would only be suitable for some performers and it's not guaranteed to work. It only worked slightly during the lecture, not enough for there to be much of an effect, and it didn't get much reaction.

He's a likeable performer, though, and came across very well.
VenicePianist
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of VenicePianist
Outstanding material from the fertile and rather devious mind of Lincoln.

I'm fortunate enough to know this gentleman from The Elders here in Los Angeles---this is a brilliant guy. End of story.

A must see. Don't miss it.
tmoca
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of tmoca
Quote:
On Jul 16, 2015, Caliban wrote:
The Mentalist's Paper Balls Over the Head is the most usable thing in the lecture. It's a presentation idea rather than an effect - a way of presenting the reveal of any information so that the whole audience appear to take part in reading the participant's mind. It's for a stand up/stage show rather than close-up. The whole audience does experience an effect, unlike the regular Paper Balls Over Head where only the person on stage is fooled.

Where is this located on this? I can't seem to find it.

Thanks!
Caliban
View Profile
Special user
727 Posts

Profile of Caliban
Starts about 1 hr 51 in. It's a long section so you can't miss it, but it has nothing to do with paper balls, so might just have missed that he calls it that.
tmoca
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of tmoca
Quote:
On Jul 19, 2015, Caliban wrote:
Starts about 1 hr 51 in. It's a long section so you can't miss it, but it has nothing to do with paper balls, so might just have missed that he calls it that.

Indeed, that is why I missed it. Thank you!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Review Request - Lincoln Live (Penguin Lecture) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL