The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Crystal Nest of Boxes on eBay? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KristoBall
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of KristoBall
Hi - does anyone have experience with this China-made see-through nest of boxes? The demo looks really good (aside from the vanish...) and the price is reasonable.

Found it on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Crystal-Nest-of-......00144400
Ferran Rizo
View Profile
New user
Murcia
39 Posts

Profile of Ferran Rizo
For the asking price it worth buy it and try it...
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
I thought the vanish was very different ! They look OK but as with anything from China, its probably a knock off of someone else's idea.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
KristoB:

I didn't see anything special about the boxes. It is nice to have clear boxes, but they would likely need to be out of sight till the time that you see them in the video. I think that takes a lot away from what you get from having clear boxes (the idea of CLEAR boxes is to imply that nothing is hidden, but they will need to be hidden)

I think you could get better value from other sources. You can learn the method from many beginning magic books, and create your own gimmick.

Ahhh, but that vanish may be worth the price of admission Smile
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Wasn't the vanish just a FD done with a little distance?
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
You are correct Sean.

I still think a borrowed coin, vanished and found in a bag wrapped in a big ball of yarn is the way to go. And it gives your spectator something to do!

JMHO
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
Quote:
On Jul 17, 2015, Stanyon wrote:
You are correct Sean.

I still think a borrowed coin, vanished and found in a bag wrapped in a big ball of yarn is the way to go. And it gives your spectator something to do!

JMHO
...and MAYBE replace the bag with a sealed "silver" box with a smaller "silver" LOCKED box with the marked coin inside that. I recall Milbourne Christopher performing with just the Silver Boxes on one of the first magic show specials on early b/w TV.

I imagine Qwen's still has this available. The Silver Boxes are often seen as the climax of their Coin In Ball of Wool two wooden boxes set.

Julie
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Does anyone get the feeling that we are talking to ourselves?
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
KristoBall
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of KristoBall
Haha sorry I've been traveling and haven't logged on for a while. I'm familiar with the nest of boxes and have the nest of wallets - just wanted to see if it's a known entity that's been ripped off for eBay production by an off-shore manufacturer (as george posited) or whether it's an original take on a classic. Though I do agree, the value of having see-through boxes is diminished in that they are completely covered behind his back (that's my favorite part of the video, during the vanish when he's clearly loading the box for what seems a long time behind his back) but it might give the impression that they COULD have seen it. If I decide to give it a shot I'll let you know my thoughts - but currently leaning against it - spent too much on gimmicks this year already. Downloads are easier to hide Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Crystal Nest of Boxes on eBay? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL