The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Double Face Super Triple print resources? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sean
View Profile
Regular user
No Cal
200 Posts

Profile of Sean
Are there any sleights/effects/routines for the Double Face Super Triple Coin in print as opposed to DVD? I'm an old guy and I've found I learn/work better when I have a book instead of a video (which I use to supplement print).
Magician Shaun
View Profile
Special user
Huntington BCH, CA
920 Posts

Profile of Magician Shaun
I am not aware of anything in print, however, this coin can do anything that a Triple threat coin could do, and then some. With a little adaptation for the "moves" which, honestly should be easier with the DFSTC or STC.

So, look for the notes on the Triple threat by Troy Hosier, I believe. Also, anything you could do with a flipper and shell could conceivably be done, although with modifications, with the Double Face Super Triple Coin.

So as not to risk exposure I propose that we take this discussion to the Secret sessions. I can actually describe how your coin can act exactly as the aforementioned coin set. Please make a topic in the Secret sessions or post in a DFSTC section there and I will reply with my thoughts.
Sean
View Profile
Regular user
No Cal
200 Posts

Profile of Sean
Thanks for the response. I'll take a look at the Hosier material and see if I can make it work for me.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5085 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I have not heard of anything "In Print" for the set. (I sold mine a while back) but there is a little more DVD material (not print, but different from original). Besides the Wong DVD, Paul Richards used to give a DVD of his routine if you bought it from him. It was a very good routine too. Maybe Penguin sells it now since they bought him out or you may find it in the "for sale" forum. I also believe Ponta The Smith has a routine on DVD for that set.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
dj
View Profile
Special user
889 Posts

Profile of dj
Quote:
On Jul 21, 2015, Poof-Daddy wrote:
I also believe Ponta The Smith has a routine on DVD for that set.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdUu_Jx0-V8
Jamie-boy
View Profile
Regular user
Berea, Ohio
186 Posts

Profile of Jamie-boy
You'll have better success searching for Troy Hooser, than Troy Hosier.

Trust me on this.

Respectfully,

Jim
James Sievert
Sleight of Hand Hobbyist since 1990.
Bassist since 1973.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5322 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On Jul 22, 2015, Jamie-boy wrote:
You'll have better success searching for Troy Hooser, than Troy Hosier.

Trust me on this.

Respectfully,

Jim

It's best to check with Todd Lassen for Troy's notes. They were written specifically for the Triple Threat and while Troy originally sold the notes directly, the last I heard was that they have to be purchased with the Triple Threat from Todd. However if you can prove you purchased a TT I would imagine that you could purchase the notes separately.

Jim
Bob Magic
View Profile
New user
San Diego, California
90 Posts

Profile of Bob Magic
Sean, I have to assume that you are referring to Lassen's Triple Threat Coin. Mine came with Troy Hoosers routine. I found Troy's routine to be too simple and repetitious so I devised my own. I would be happy to share it with you by PM here on the Café.

-Bob
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4840 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Mark Tams Had Witten A big Hardbound book on the 3T. That started With Troy's stuff! It also has five of My routines in it! And A lot of outher stuff From some of the outher coin guys! Smile Here is the Link! https://triple333threat.wordpress.com Ok latter Gang ! Smile
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
joemcdull
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Profile of joemcdull
How do you compare Johnny Wong's Double Face ST to Todd's 3T/TTGF?
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5322 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On Jul 27, 2015, Bob Magic wrote:
Sean, I have to assume that you are referring to Lassen's Triple Threat Coin. Mine came with Troy Hoosers routine. I found Troy's routine to be too simple and repetitious so I devised my own. I would be happy to share it with you by PM here on the Café.

-Bob

Hey Bob - I sent you a PM regarding your routine back on the same day you posted the above, more than a month ago. Still hasn’t been read yet.

Thanks!

Jim
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1841 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
David, the link you give goes to a Facebook page, with no information as to how much the book costs or how to order it, as far as I can tell.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2027 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Aug 29, 2015, Ray Haining wrote:
David, the link you give goes to a Facebook page, with no information as to how much the book costs or how to order it, as far as I can tell.

Are you talking about the link David Neighbors posted? It goes straight to the correct site for me.
I'd close all your browser windows and try again.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4840 Posts

Yea It went Straight To the Site for me! But I could not fine the right Info There So just E-Mail Mark And ask About it! Contact him directly at: markd2990@yahoo.com Ok Sorry man! Smile
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1841 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Hey, David, no problem. Thanks for the info.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4840 Posts

Your Welcome Man! and I also Have some 3 T. Stuff In my 1 ST. Hardbound! Smile
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Double Face Super Triple print resources? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL