The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Keeping Dennis Loomis' routines alive for years to come! (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5304 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Received the book a couple of days ago. Love the material, but not so much the layout of the book. The bonus book - Cups and Balls Routine - is upside down on the back of the Chop Cup book. (Or is it vice versa?)

Jim
BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
West of Boston, East of Eden
888 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
Just arrived yesterday. Didn't know the bonus was part of the deal. Awesome. Can't wait to get into the work. Great job!
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2415 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
Thanks, guys!!

Quote:
On Sep 3, 2015, J-Mac wrote:
Received the book a couple of days ago. Love the material, but not so much the layout of the book. The bonus book - Cups and Balls Routine - is upside down on the back of the Chop Cup book. (Or is it vice versa?)

Jim

Heya Jim! Great feedback! My reasoning for making it that way was to keep as much of Dennis' work intact as possible. The only 2 color files were the covers, and I didn't want to lose them so I chose to do the classic pulp fiction "2 books in one" design. You can study one, then flip it over and then work on the other! Fun!

And thanks to everyone for keeping this project alive. I think we've done great work here in keeping something alive that was almost lost forever.
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
philipsw
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Profile of philipsw
Just want to add my own twopence worth. I think this is a cracking and practical walk around routine. Thanks so much Jamie for sending the review copy. Our full review is here: http://www.bicycle-cards.co.uk/2015/09/2......-review/
http://www.bicycle-cards.co.uk

It's not what you do but the way that you do it!
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8364 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Jamie,,,,,

Dennis and I had not talked about it, but, I think he had had a plan to publish his MUM articles in s book. I now have MY book "off and running". I hope to have some relatively "free" time soon. I'll contact Dale, and check on the possibilities.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Quentin
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of Quentin
Reading this thread made me get out and re-watch Dennis' Knot Routine DVD. Great to see Dick Oslund performing the Norwegian Yo-Yo. Now I understand why he didn't explain it in his book.
Delimbeau
View Profile
Elite user
May the magic be with you
479 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
Hi Jamie,

Any news on when the reprint will appear? Thanks, cheers, Luc.

Quote:
On Sep 6, 2015, Jamie D. Grant wrote:
Thanks, guys!!

Quote:
On Sep 3, 2015, J-Mac wrote:

Jim

Heya Jim! Great feedback! My reasoning for making it that way was to keep as much of Dennis' work intact as possible. The only 2 color files were the covers, and I didn't want to lose them so I chose to do the classic pulp fiction "2 books in one" design. You can study one, then flip it over and then work on the other! Fun!

And thanks to everyone for keeping this project alive. I think we've done great work here in keeping something alive that was almost lost forever.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Keeping Dennis Loomis' routines alive for years to come! (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL