The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris Presents: The Examiner by John Graham (64 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..12~13~14 [Next]
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
748 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
That's a very clean version of the old classic.
Jupiter47
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of Jupiter47
Looks great!
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
I'm getting one of these for myself.

We will of course be stocking it so I'm looking forward to this.

You can pre-order here http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/new-magic/t......nts.html

The delivery date is an estimate we will send as soon as we get stock.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Brilliant idea but the price for what it is is insane.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Why is the marker so big? I think if I am thinking it the audience may be thinking it as well.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
As its a stage trick the writing needs to be big I use a big marker for Bowlarama any smaller would not show up as well.

It needs to write big so they can read the initials easily.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Quote:
On Jul 22, 2015, Magic.Maddy wrote:

Agreed, though I guess its not unheard of since Axel Hecklau's version is even more expensive
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On Jul 22, 2015, TuneHV wrote:
Quote:

Agreed, though I guess its not unheard of since Axel Hecklau's version is even more expensive

The price may seem high but comments on price should be reserved until you know what you receive.

Axel's version is more expensive and you get very little with it but I'm sure you will agree it is worth the price.

This is not the same effect so as a flash restoration I would say Axel's is best, for a single sheet I'm sure this will give anything on the market a good run for it's money.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I've been critical of the PHP line, but this does look promising. If this is truly a no set-up version, that would be worth the asking price.
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
I'll be interested to read some reviews but the first thought in my head was "What's up with the Giant Marker?"

Mark provides a decent explanation but...I use a wide Sharpie to have things signed during my show. This marker looks like something a clown would use.

As a magician the signing the newspaper is adds another layer of mystery but as a layman...doubtful.

Bro says in the trailer "they would like to look at that" speaking in regards to restoring a newspaper on stage. I'm sure some may. I'm sure some would like to inspect each prop or item I use during my show but it's SHOW, not show and tell. I can understand wanting to be able to hand it out in a close-up situation (maybe) but not on stage.

The no-setup version may be nice, if the handling is as clean.

Also the ad copy says "Examine Everything With the Examiner!" I'm guessing that means the newspaper only?
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
If I were performing on stage, I would rather use a full sized newspaper as well. I also find the restoration a little underwhelming.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
If I were performing on stage, I would rather use a full sized newspaper as well. I also find the restoration a little underwhelming.

This is the flash v unfold situation, I like the flash but I love the idea of an easy set up and being able to just hand the paper out at the end.

I've performed flash versions many times, most of my shows are parlour or where I am on the same floor level as the audience so the size it no issue and to casually step forward and give the paper away is a great touch.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I think we're thinking like magicians...will a spectator conceive of a trick marker for this?
PHSIS
View Profile
Veteran user
Kailua-Kona HI
385 Posts

Profile of PHSIS
And yes..the marker can be examined too!

Janet Harris
PHP Astonishment Godess.
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1114 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
I don't see a need to sign a newspaper for this...

But, it won't hurt the performance.

This is way too much for me though. Too many other options out there that work great and audiences love.

And I also don't see a need to hand it out. Just do it, and move on to the next effect.

Sorry, this is way too much money for the addional things I do not need or want.

If you think that you like having it signed, and handed out, then I would bet that this will be awesome. PH puts his name on great stuff, and this will do as advertised I am sure.

Mike
Cole Gross
View Profile
Elite user
Fresno, CA
437 Posts

Profile of Cole Gross
We are excited to see this one being released. The first ever 100% examinable newspaper tear will certainly change the game.

Hocus Pocus is offering FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING on all preorders.
Check out the video, and order yours here:

http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/?p=30994

Cole
Cole
Hocus Pocus Magic
Toll Free: 800-407-4040
www.hocus-pocus.com
alexlatorre
View Profile
Regular user
Barcelona
187 Posts

Profile of alexlatorre
Alright, that completely baffled me... May have to just about get one! Great release PHP!
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
This looks cool, but I beg to differ with the idea that this is the first signed and examinable newspaper tear: Osterlind has been doing one for years and taught it in one of his DVDs.

But, yes, this looks cool.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
I like the look of this. It's stage use is a given, but I think this would be a 'top table' effect for weddings, or those situations when you discover all the guests are seated on one big table, or in a long circle table..

The 'examine it' aspect comes into play far more in those 'close-up' or parlour conditions.

Merchant of Magic have it on their site to order now. Shipping from the UK with free worldwide delivery.

http://www.magicshop.co.uk/product_info.......d=146541

Best wishes
Dominic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris Presents: The Examiner by John Graham (64 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..12~13~14 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL