The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris Presents: The Examiner by John Graham (64 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14
mtstic44
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Profile of mtstic44
I bought a download of the examiner. Can the gimmick be made or purchased separate.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2421 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
If your good with arts and crafts? Great gimmick.
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1367 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Mtstic44, you bought a download? This is sold with a very well made gimmick. I know of no dealer selling this as only a download. Where did you get it?

As to the real world practicality of this, I will offer the voice of experience: It's a workhorse. I've been performing it for a year, 3 times a day, 6 days a week at Franz Harary's House of Magic here in Macau.
I have never once had to repair or replace the gimmick.

And it kills.
It's all in the reflexes.
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1739 Posts

Profile of wally
I am looking for a large pen,
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Just wondered if anyone found a good UK newspaper that fitted the size for this effect [?]

The problem with [what we call] tabloid – is that the end result is both a little big, and it’s the wrong shape to easily cover the last tear

Is there a UK national paper that works?

As I tried the Evening Standard [roughly 11” x 14”]

Anything easily got in London [?]

Anyone with experience in the effect, are magazines ‘easier’ to tear or tougher… and which looks more effective [?]

Thanks for any help / advice
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12046 Posts

Profile of John C
I have always liked this item. Let me ask the "in the know" folks who own it....

1) are you still performing it?
2) do you recommend it for a part time performer who may only perform it once every few months?

Thank you,

J
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4643 Posts

Profile of videoman
If performing for magicians or a magic club, this version could be very good.
But for laypeople, I still don't think you can top Gene Anderson's version for sheer impact. Axel Hecklau's versions are very good too.

Laypeople aren't as impressed by handing out the paper in my experience.
It's probably worth checking out Richard Osterlind's hand out version as well if you decide to go that route. One inexpensive place to find it is on the WGM Newspaper Magic DVD by L&L.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris Presents: The Examiner by John Graham (64 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL