The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Wonder box by Sansminds (18 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
VanishingInc
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of VanishingInc
I received Wonderbox and it's a lot of fun! Very simple and pretty fooling! It is a worker. It wouldn't be hard to perform this in a normal gig or walk around. There is a little issue just making sure you handle the box without making any noise from the coins or candy in the box but with a little care you won't have a problem.

Hope that helps!
-Kyle
We personally curate every product we sell because we put quality and service first.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1825 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Jul 23, 2015, VanishingInc wrote:
Hey guys!

I will say, the obvious switch was a little silly but if you put that aside Wonder Box looks really great! I love how visual it is and all the applications that are possible with it!

I'll be doing a review on this as soon as possible!

-Kyle

Yer right look forward to you pulling out a cat out of the box

Or the IPhone

Fact is time and time again it has been proven that they can't be trusted both with the trailers and the way they treat the creators

If I was a dealer I would think hard about promoting there products
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
And yet once again after all the unsubstantiated complaining on here, the trick is very good. Simple, easy to perform, easy to make, goes over great live. Of course if you're clever you could probably figure this out on your own. It's not a complex idea. I'm trying to figure out a short routine with revolution, unshuffled and this. Just not sure what to make come out of the box to tie in with those tricks.
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1694 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Yes , you are true about SansMinds being often misleading , and for Wonderbox in this case the trailer is indeed a little misleading as well , but the gimmick in fact works really well . I doubt you'll fire at them after you received the gimmick . I was really skeptical about this release too at first , but got it afterwards and , I really like it . Just put some thoughts on the switching process and you're ready to go . Of course this is not a must buy , but for those who wants a deck to change to something else in a super visual manner , Wonder Box works really well .

And ... I would love to produce a cat as well ... But , nah
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1694 Posts

Quote:
On Aug 26, 2015, Slackerking wrote:
And yet once again after all the unsubstantiated complaining on here, the trick is very good. Simple, easy to perform, easy to make, goes over great live. Of course if you're clever you could probably figure this out on your own. It's not a complex idea. I'm trying to figure out a short routine with revolution, unshuffled and this. Just not sure what to make come out of the box to tie in with those tricks.

Though it might work , it might take up a or of pocket space if you decide to piece hear effects together ...

- Albert Einstein
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
That's a good point, that does take a lot of pocket space for tricks with only one use Smile
VanishingInc
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of VanishingInc
Quote:
On Aug 25, 2015, JackMagic wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 23, 2015, VanishingInc wrote:
Hey guys!

I will say, the obvious switch was a little silly but if you put that aside Wonder Box looks really great! I love how visual it is and all the applications that are possible with it!

I'll be doing a review on this as soon as possible!

-Kyle

Yer right look forward to you pulling out a cat out of the box

Or the IPhone

Fact is time and time again it has been proven that they can't be trusted both with the trailers and the way they treat the creators

If I was a dealer I would think hard about promoting there products

Actually, the iPhone will work. Not the most practical version of the effect because you would have to do a box switch to show the inside but I think if you turned the deck into something larger than the box like a phone that it would be so unexpected that you would have enough of an off moment to switch the box if you wanted to.

Might be interesting in vanishing a spectators phone, showing the deck, having some call their phone and you hear the ringing and then turn the deck into their phone.

Just a thought.
-Kyle
We personally curate every product we sell because we put quality and service first.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22443 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
World Magic Shop review of this terrible trick. Got a don't buy it.

Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1694 Posts

They reviewed Psypher as a piece of junk years ago ...

While WPR guys are honest and trustworthy most of the time , there's been times their opinions might not be that true . It's up to you to decide whether to listen to them or not . I mean , look at those 90 + reviews for Psypher , there's very little who complained about it , yet it got a bad review from WPR .

Different people have different thoughts on things ~ That's all ~

- Albert Einstein
ReviewerMaster
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of ReviewerMaster
The phone would work if you do slight modification on the bottom of the box.
Just my 2c.
Matti Kaki
View Profile
New user
Finland - - I.B.M. Finnish Magicians Assn
84 Posts

Profile of Matti Kaki
I really like this gimmick. It's not very lasting but it's quite easy to make a new and more durable one.
I made an enhancement and scanned the real thing to make the gimmick to look much better. You can
make it look better without scanner but it takes more time. The iPhone is possible if it's narrow enough
to go thru the box. IPhone 6 doesn't fit. The cat was camera trick. They tell you: "Okei, maybe not a cat".
colin underwood
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of colin underwood
There are better ,cleaner ways to vanish cards or transform them into some other object without carrying a second box. This is visual eye candy which is good for TV BUT YOU ARE SOLD WITHOUT THE RIGHTS FOR TV!! At the end you left with a gimmicked box. To produce the Phone the strength of the box is lost and long term wont last.Not for me.
The only Sans minds product that is really good is THE RING. ( And received top marks from WPR and others)
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I bought it, and assembled it today. Quite pleased, I am.

Assembling was not difficult, and only took a couple minutes. But after assembling , it actually worked as advertised. (Ok, no cat, but that's not a problem.)

I like the fact that I can use my imagination and anything that can fit in the box can be produced. I will find a lot of routines for this. My coins across routine using Eisenhaur Dollars now has a new introduction as I produce the coins from the box.

So overall, I'm pretty pleased.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Wonder box by Sansminds (18 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL