The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » National Hotdog Day... (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2749 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2015, Kabbalah wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2015, ed rhodes wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 23, 2015, magicfish wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 23, 2015, landmark wrote:
But you didn't know whether the hot dogs you purchased were kosher or not, so you can't be paying too much attention.

"Kosher meats, which are consumed by Jews, are permitted to be eaten by Sunni Muslims.[12] This is due to the similarity between both methods of slaughter [that is, halal and kosher] and the similar principles of kosher meat which are still observed by the observant Jews today"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halal

Incorrect. I asked the OP what a kosher hot dog was. He answered all beef. I have purchased all beef. So if allbeef means kosher, I wondered if my all beef Schneders were automatically kosher.
That's all.

So that was his mistake. There is more to "kosher" than "all beef." You should Google "Hebrew National Uncle Sam commercial" They actually list the things the Government will allow in hot dogs that they can't.

I made no mistake, and, I was not asked what a Kosher dog is. What I was asked was this...

Quote:
On Jul 23, 2015, magicfish wrote:

Why kosher?

My reply was because they are all beef (at least the ones I buy are).

There are other "all beef" hot dogs that aren't "kosher." I understand though, you thought he was asking why you picked "kosher" hot dogs and we thought he was asking what made them "kosher."
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2015, imgic wrote:
I'm still puzzled as to why you'd wrap a hot dog in bologna. Why not wrap a slice of bread around the bun while you're at it.

Same reason I wrap a meatloaf in bacon...I like it that way!

"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5015 Posts

Profile of landmark
Neither kosher, nor halal, but probably tasty. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » National Hotdog Day... (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL