The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » For music lovers only ... (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Behind-the-scenes look at virtuoso pianist and cellist Hélène Grimaud and Sol Gabetta in the recording studio for their album, "Duo." Fascinating to hear them discuss their collaboration, and to hear them run through brief excerpts of compositions by Debussy, Brahms, Shostakovich and Schumann:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNczOJVBhnQ

And if you liked that, you will love this gorgeous performance by Hélène Grimaud of the Adagio from Mozart's Piano Concerto #23:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8e0fBlvEMQ

Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Thanks Arthur.

A friend of ours son is doing really well as a pianist now and it seemed sort of odd seeing him perform the other day as is family are real rough necks. He just took to it very young and never stopped.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
I very much enjoyed both, Arthur. I took in a lot of chamber music when I was in my 20s. I'm not sure if I just got busy with life, or if the number of available performances dropped off. Probably both.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » For music lovers only ... (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL