The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » UFC 190: Rousey vs. Correia (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
RogerTheShrubber
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of RogerTheShrubber
Didn't count on Rousey not even trying for an arm bar. At least I was right on the over / under, although that's hardly a big achievement when almost everyone who knew of the fight was right about that too.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3623 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
There is a reason she hasnt fought Cyborg Justino. I know the weight class issues have been noted. I think Cyborg would beat her down.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Well Rousey has the itle. Cyborg has to ome to meet her at the weight if she wants to prove that.

I think they will spend 5 years hyping it.

Thing is with media changing like it has since Tysons time the "need" to see it live hits nobody but hard core fans. That drops money significantly.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
I really believe a smart move for her now is to have a few more fights. Then start to move toward acting as I see her becoming another Angelina Jolie. She would make a great action hero.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
She must be an incredible inspiration to young girls.

She's so personable that she's a fighter you'd think you'd like in person too. I hope she keeps it up, gets into Hollywood and lives the good life doing films. She's certainly earned her creds.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
She's already started the move towards acting. On her IMDB page she's already got 4 movies under her belt.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3313925/
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I'd like to see them meet at a catch weight. I don't think cyborg can fight healthy at 135 but I do think Rousey can fight at 140-145 as she can just add some muscle to help meet that weight. I think it'll be a fight that could go either way. It will either be a KO by cyborg or submission by Rousey imo. But the longer they wait, there will be less people interested like mentioned before. Just like Fedor who shouldn't have fought in his set couple of fights
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
You don't seem to get it. Adding 10lbs on a 135 lb woman is a serious upgrade. It costs speed and often mobility.

Adding about 8% body weight will leave her in less that premium condition.

She is the champion. Why should she be the one making the adjustments? Someone wants her title let them come to her weight and take it.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
That's why I said 140-145. She can fight just fine at 140 and cyborg can drop 5 lbs to meet that weight. I also didn't say I wanted to see them fight for the belt, most everyone just wants to see them fight. Plus, it would be possibly the biggest MMA fight in history, tons of money for both fighters, no belt on the line, why not?
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1338 Posts

Profile of imgic
Rousey's been talking trash about Cyborg using steriods to fight at her weight...

"She can fight at 145 pumped full of steroids and she can make weight just like everybody else without them."

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/8/2/9086623......nd-fight
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Aug 4, 2015, imgic wrote:
Rousey's been talking trash about Cyborg using steriods to fight at her weight...

"She can fight at 145 pumped full of steroids and she can make weight just like everybody else without them."

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/8/2/9086623......nd-fight

But not, apparently, slanderously.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On Aug 4, 2015, Tom Jorgenson wrote:
She must be an incredible inspiration to young girls.

She's so personable that she's a fighter you'd think you'd like in person too. I hope she keeps it up, gets into Hollywood and lives the good life doing films. She's certainly earned her creds.

Apparently she's campaigning for the Ms. Marvel role with Marvel.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Ronda-Rou......487.html
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I bet she would be a good Carol Danvers I think the name is.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Haven't seen enough of her acting to know if she could hold up an entire Super Hero story herself. Interesting idea though.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
She was great in Expendables 3 and not bad in last Fast and a Furious movie.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » UFC 190: Rousey vs. Correia (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL