The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The bound deck by juan luis rubiales (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2322 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Does anyone have this and are there any reviews,
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Rubiales
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Rubiales
If I can help you, just ask!
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7248 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Well, a link would help for starters. Smile
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1388 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
VIDEO PERFORMANCE :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu3P0cPSspE

AN IMPOSSIBLE COINCIDENCE

An incredible coincidence effect performed under impossible conditions. You divide a deck in two and bind each portion so that it becomes a book of cards. The spectator chooses a card from one book. Dealing through the books simultaneously the chosen card falls at the exact same position as its mate. No other cards match. Now for a miracle finale. Because now when the cards are leafed through, every single pair matches. This despite the fact that the cards are still bound together. So clever you will baffle yourself!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11515 Posts

Profile of John C
Way too long process. Especially for today's environments
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2322 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Juan. I sent you a PM which you haven't opened.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1682 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
I don't think the actual process is that long, he just had a longer presentation in that performance.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2259 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Like a lot of the "formal" Spanish magic definitely for a certain time and place. However I think the binding thing is a great gimmick to add interest to what I believe is a self working trick.
I am sure that the performance is better in the native tongue
Rubiales
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Rubiales
Really the process can be short and you have to think that this is a trick to perform in parlor with an audience ...is very different to do the trick just with two people and the cameras without audience.

You can use the bound deck before and after the trick like a regular one and I explain how you can make your own bound deck, in this manner you can also gift the deck like a souvenir to your spectators or you can make one with a jumbo deck and perform the trick on stage.

Ah! And the trick is self working!
Rubiales
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Rubiales
This is another product... https://vimeo.com/132353950
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5672 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
There was a similar bound deck back in the 1970's which came with a booklet full of routines to do with the special deck. It was comb bound and as such there were other feats which could be done that a spiral deck might not be able to do.

The bound deck is a novel aesthetic with inherent interest built into it.
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2288 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Doesn't this sound identical to the Paul Curry effect?
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
Rubiales
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Rubiales
Quote:
On Aug 2, 2015, Tom Cutts wrote:
There was a similar bound deck back in the 1970's which came with a booklet full of routines to do with the special deck. It was comb bound and as such there were other feats which could be done that a spiral deck might not be able to do.

The bound deck is a novel aesthetic with inherent interest built into it.

Hello Tom, I don't know any trick with the deck bound it until this mine, Can you send my the 1970' author or anymore information? Thanks!
Rubiales
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Rubiales
Quote:
On Aug 3, 2015, Doomo wrote:
Doesn't this sound identical to the Paul Curry effect?

Hi Domo, of course is similar, as similar as the Tamariz Three Coincidences...both are based in a Paul Curry idea, in this version with the added impossibility that it is impossible to manipulate a deck that is bound. I think the fact of having the deck bound for quite different as perceived by the viewer making the effect more impossible.
Magicray69
View Profile
Veteran user
Tampa Bay
369 Posts

Profile of Magicray69
Any other routines with this? Clever but I fell asleep watching the demo and I have insomnia.
There was a time I had the blues,

the reason was I had no shoes.

Until I met upon the street

a man who had no feet.
simon hughes
View Profile
Veteran user
London
323 Posts

Profile of simon hughes
I watched him lecture once. The single dullest, most painful lecture I've ever seen. Slower than erosion and no man should be that comfortable with silence.
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1010 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Anyone picked this up yet ?
einhorn
View Profile
Regular user
London
178 Posts

Profile of einhorn
Quote:
You can use the bound deck before and after the trick like a regular one and I explain how you can make your own bound deck, in this manner you can also gift the deck like a souvenir to your spectators or you can make one with a jumbo deck and perform the trick on stage.

Ah! And the trick is self working!

Can anyone tell me if I missed this info on the DVD? I can't seem to find it on there.
Great routine though,
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7248 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I did like this and it got good review on WPR but it's too expensive for what it is, so gave it a miss.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
1598 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Im a big fan of Sympathetic 10 and its variants, of which I kind of consider this trick.
So, I do like it, but as mentioned above, it's priced a bit higher than I think is reasonable, so I too have passed on it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The bound deck by juan luis rubiales (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL