The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » A worrying PM (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Just found this in my inbox.

Apart from not knowing what The Gift is, I wouldn't be responding to this if I did.

Quote:
Hi stephen,

Would you be so kind and reveal the gift to me?
I cant buy it anymore:.(
I would give you another secret, for example "jump ink"
"Lift" by nefesh
"Tilt" by matt sconce
Or "spin" or "power word fall"
"Or ink a change"

Pleeeeeaaaaaaassee,
I love pk effects
End quote:
JarJarJared
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of JarJarJared
Strange. Maybe they are referring to Paul Brook?
Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1474 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
Every once in a while someone sends out PMs like this. I wonder if it's the same guy... Name and Shame I say.
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
613 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Err...worrying...especially so for me if this person is after my book.

Just in case we have any budding entrepreneurs out there trying to pass off illegal copies, just want you to know that every single book bought from me is individually marked.

All the best,

Paul
PAUL BROOK

He Knows Shop - All of my mentalism books, PDFs and props Smile

NEW - Certified Mentalism A beautifully illustrated hardback book full of real world mentalism Smile

Ask Paul Podcast A mentalism and magic podcast where you control the content Smile
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
613 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Quote:
On Aug 3, 2015, Stephen Young wrote:
Just found this in my inbox.

Apart from not knowing what The Gift is, I wouldn't be responding to this if I did.

Quote:
Hi stephen,

Would you be so kind and reveal the gift to me?
I cant buy it anymore:.(
I would give you another secret, for example "jump ink"
"Lift" by nefesh
"Tilt" by matt sconce
Or "spin" or "power word fall"
"Or ink a change"

Pleeeeeaaaaaaassee,
I love pk effects
End quote:

Stephen, quick question, did you report the post?

Cheers,

Paul
PAUL BROOK

NEW - Certified Mentalism A beautifully illustrated hardback book full of real world mentalism Smile

Ask Paul Podcast A mentalism and magic podcast where you control the content Smile
pavelrodzevich
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of pavelrodzevich
I think he should be banned. If you respect the author of the effect, why not to spend some money for it?
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
613 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Quote:
On Aug 3, 2015, pavelrodzevich wrote:
I think he should be banned. If you respect the author of the effect, why not to spend some money for it?

Mainly because he is an honest guy who simply only wants to read it before buying it, ya know, to see if it fits his style. Then, if it does he'll shoot some dimes my way as a most generous and noble act because he is a man who always pays his debts. If it doesn't he wouldn't have bought it anyway, so I for one am not losing out as an author AT ALL!

Or something like that!

Cheers,

Paul
PAUL BROOK

John Arcanum
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of John Arcanum
With reference to 3 of his effects and a remark about loving pk I would guess they meant Matt Sconces The Gift.
pavelrodzevich
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of pavelrodzevich
Quote:
On Aug 3, 2015, Paul Brook wrote:
Quote:

Mainly because he is an honest guy who simply only wants to read it before buying it, ya know, to see if it fits his style. Then, if it does he'll shoot some dimes my way as a most generous and noble act because he is a man who always pays his debts. If it doesn't he wouldn't have bought it anyway, so I for one am not losing out as an author AT ALL!

Or something like that!

Cheers,

Paul

Yes, I totally agree with you, Paul.
If I had an opportunity to test some products before buying, I guess I didn't have as lot of useless stuff as I have now
But as I understood this guy just wanted to get an illegal copy for free

Pavel (by the way it's russian version of the name Paul 😃)
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
This is completely unethical and against Café rules. The PM should be reported. Here is the actual rule:

Quote:
Pirated DVD's, Tapes & Tricks:

Posts dealing in the buying, selling, or trading of bootleg items (copies of dvd's, video tapes, PDF files, book downloads, photo-copies of lecture notes, etc) will be removed. In addition, persons found attempting to sell or trade bootleg items (In the open forums or via our private message system) will be reported to the proper authorities and lose all Café privileges. Think about that.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=39

The person who messaged you is offering to trade effects that aren't his to trade or sell.
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Hi guys, back on line again. I'm on holiday with intermittent Internet.
The PM has been reported.

Steve
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
613 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Quote:
Quote:
On Aug 3, 2015, Paul Brook wrote:
Quote:

Or something like that!

Cheers,

Paul

Yes, I totally agree with you, Paul.
If I had an opportunity to test some products before buying, I guess I didn't have as lot of useless stuff as I have now
But as I understood this guy just wanted to get an illegal copy for free

Pavel (by the way it's russian version of the name Paul 😃)

It's a good name Smile

I'd just like to clarify that I was being 100% sarcastic here!

It turns out the person may not have been trying to rip me off, but in fact someone else. Of course, what I say still stands and it is terribly out of order for people to be doing this.

I never forget the few days following the release of 'The Chrysalis of a Polymath' (a physical softback book of nearly 600 pages in length) I was made aware that someone had posted it online. When I took a look for myself I found that the person has scanned in nearly 600 pages in less than two days, one of those days would have been delivery. So they had decided to take a slice fo their time on this Earth to scan each page into a computer and upload it. It was at that moment that I realised the extent to what some of these people will do. Those guy you can never stop, you can only make it harder for them, slow them down a little.

It's far better to actively seek the decency of people by letting them know the effort it takes and that professionals who release their work have taken it into the field, found the funny spots, the theatrical edges, worked out the wrinkles, then taken the time to write (a skillset in itself) a book about that piece, pay to have it designed, proofread and printed before taken those books to a post office to ship them worldwide. If you were asking for that level of involvement and personal dedication in another sector would you feel the individual deserves fair recompense for their hard work? What about if that piece is going to be adopted into your act and you are going to earn from it?

Hard thing to do policing the moral fortitude of people, so we all just hope that being a nicer better version of you is what we all are reaching for.

If you are the original PM sender, then just reach into your pocket and make this right by buying the creator's effect...maybe even throw in a bit extra, trust me, it will feel good!

Cheers,

Paul
PAUL BROOK

MattSconce
View Profile
Special user
639 Posts

Profile of MattSconce
Thanks guys! If you encounter this individual again. I just re-released my PK method "The Gift" again for a short time here. Maybe he will want to actually buy it. Smile

Click here to see the demo video and the info.
http://www.mattsconce.com/the-gift/
Want The Force? - Check out "The Gift" Shoot me a PM to order.
https://youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=82obXYQe0OI

Other effects:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/magician/matt-sconce
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » A worrying PM (5 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL