The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Anyone have any routines I can do while playing pool? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Stuart Hooper
View Profile
Special user
Mithrandir
759 Posts

Profile of Stuart Hooper
Any billard ball stuff with no gimmicks? It would be fun to do some stuff on the pool table. Vanishes apearences? whatever? Thnx. Smile
tink
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of tink
This isn't really a trick but you can make some money off of it. What you do is you bet someone that you can knock two balls in with one shot. Now this how you set it up, have the person hold two balls (one in each hand)at the edge of the pockets, then you place a quarter on the dot on the table. Then shoot the cue ball at the quarter. If done right the cue ball should shoot up towards the person and they should drop the balls in the pockets. You just knocked two balls in with one shot.

tink
"What the eyes sees and the ears hear, is what the mind believes."
morpheus
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of morpheus
Worlds greatest magic 2. I think there was a magician who did his whole act based on pool. Check it out, its cool.
-morpheus
thanos4182
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of thanos4182
Jeff McBride has a series of manipulation videos in which he uses billard balls. He does vanishes, color switches and production. Takes practice but the effect is killer.
MxJoKeR
View Profile
Regular user
Nowhere, Oklahoma
173 Posts

Profile of MxJoKeR
Maybe you could do a cue disappear or appear then you can't find the balls which you then produce one at a time then a comedy bit with a gaffed table where the ball wouldn't go in then finaly you pick in up and shove it in then it Jumps out on the table again so you in a fit of rage pick it up and throw it at the front row and it explodes in a ball of confetti......I don't know if it's just me but that sounds really good and funny...I don't think I could pull it off but if any of you can and do please send me a video.....man I should start writing a book or something...pm me if you like this post.
Do or Do-Not, There is no try--Yoda
Mina
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto Canada
101 Posts

Profile of Mina
Here is an idea using pool props..This I saw on a Jay Sankey Video...wish I could remember the name, but there is the ashes to palm trick, but istead of using ashes use pool chalk instead..hope that helps

SmileMina:sawingchick:
P.s I'm tired so I hope that made sense Smile
OMG Did someone say Richard Sanders!?
Hugeus
View Profile
New user
Sydney, Australia
1 Post

Profile of Hugeus
If you can contact juggle you can work that into a production routine (with full billard balls, not shells) I've found that most pool tables in pubs (if you're after a street scenario) use 2 inch diameter balls, great for CJing. However with that size ball multiple ball stuff (palm spinning) is easiest unless you've got lots of time to practice.
I've been looking for similar stuff.
My only other suggestion is to use the pool table's surface for card/coin work. Smile
Light a man a fire, keep him warm for the rest of the night. Light a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.
DeadRinger
View Profile
New user
long island
55 Posts

Profile of DeadRinger
I've been practicing contact juggling for at least 6 months and I'm still not fluid or consistent.. very difficult stuff.
*POOF*
biff_g
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
240 Posts

Profile of biff_g
This is actually a pool trick shot, not really a magic trick, but it's kind of in the "escape" kind of vein.

What you do is you put the eight ball on the dot. You then surround it with six balls, and say that you can sink the eight ball in any of the four pockets closest to the dot. This requires very precise set up of the balls (I could explain, but it is very hard to describe it in writing. I can tell you that all of the balls should be touching and they should be evenly spaced around the eight ball), but once you get it you can sink it every time, in either of the four holes.
You do this by shooting at the cluster from approximately 90 degrees to the right. The important part is the setup, not the angle you shoot from.
stephenbanning
View Profile
Regular user
United States
178 Posts

Profile of stephenbanning
Actually, Chef Anton has a book on pool but I don't know if the hustles are magic or what exactly. It is available on his website.

Cheers,

Stephen
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
You beat me to the Chef Anton reference http://www.schoolforscoundrels.com will find your way to him.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
The magician that was mentioned eariler was Raymond Crow. He did an act that was loosely based around the game of pool.

Are you looking for a routine that is themed around pool or magic that you can do while playing the game of pool at a pool hall or bar?

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
In reply to Kyle's post I suggest that regardless of what you want to do learn a few (3 or 4) easy trickshots they are always very entertaining.
You can do a few vanishes with a pool ball using a French Drop, you can juggle them and you can force a card and select it with a shot on the cue ball. You can do manipulation by using a few sleights and your pockets or the tables pockets and some comedy by doing some really silly shot. Considering the pool hall or bar atmosphere doing the "filling up a beer can" trick that he made popular again ( it is for sale online) you can do a good 15 to 20 minute routine at a pool table using the things around you ie cigarettes, beer cans, pool chalk (thanx for the idea Mina) and then off course the balls.
Good luck.
Just remember that people want to have fun when they go out to play pool they don't want to be run over by a "Magic Show"
Good luck Smile
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
ABC:
Exactly my point as well. It depends on what the person's intentions are. If you want to do 1 or 2 cool things while at the bar/pool hall, then learning a couple things could be fun to add spice to the night. But do not get carried away as to start your own show or performance as that is not why everyone came there.

If you want to do a pool act type of magic act, then use all the ideas for the act and really put some thought and creative thinking behind it.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
You could always contact juggle a few of the balls.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Anyone have any routines I can do while playing pool? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL