The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Vincent Hedan Your Mind is My Playground (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

maarten.bosmans
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of maarten.bosmans
I bought this book and I want to say I love this book.
it is filled with a great effects and really interesting essays that most of us performers overlook.
The price for a beautiful hardcover book is 60 euros shipping included and the softcover is only 40 euros.
There is a great blindfolded routine in which you truly find their selected card (truly blindfolded). There is a routine in which you guess a thought of destination by the spectator and then there are also 2 booktests that are easy and fun to do.
All of these effects can naturally be adapted into other stuff then cardmentalism.
I think this book is well worth the price.

for more information look at his website.
http://www.vincenthedan.com/magic/yourmind.html
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
I look forward to the reviews!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Marc O
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
755 Posts

Profile of Marc O
Quote:
On Aug 5, 2015, maarten.bosmans wrote:
I bought this book and I want to say I love this book.
it is filled with a great effects and really interesting essays that most of us performers overlook.
The price for a beautiful hardcover book is 60 euros shipping included and the softcover is only 40 euros.
There is a great blindfolded routine in which you truly find their selected card (truly blindfolded). There is a routine in which you guess a thought of destination by the spectator and then there are also 2 booktests that are easy and fun to do.
All of these effects can naturally be adapted into other stuff then cardmentalism.
I think this book is well worth the price.

for more information look at his website.
http://www.vincenthedan.com/magic/yourmind.html

Very nice price for a hardcover book.
Is his blindfold routine the same as what he did in his Penguin Lecture?

I loved his Penguin Lecture but his cardhandling is to skillfull for me.
Do you need to be a "card guy" for the effects described in his book?
maarten.bosmans
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of maarten.bosmans
Na, I am not a card guy. I did not see his pengiun lecture so I do not know ho to answer that.
One blindfold routine you don't need any skill at all just a little special something,you probalby own.
The spectator selects a card no force put it in the middle of the deck and shuffles it, you don't know which card it is.
But being truly blindfolded you will be able to find their card that is lost in the pack.

I will use this method but not with playing cards but index cards, using thoughts of the spectators.
Marc O
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
755 Posts

Profile of Marc O
Sounds interesting.
I allready have send Vincent an email with some questions, did not get any email back yet.
Given his great Penguin Lecture and material he has made up, I will most likely buy this book.

Bedankt Maarten Smile
Vincent Hedan
View Profile
New user
France
46 Posts

Profile of Vincent Hedan
Thanks for your interest in my book! I'll try and answer the questions raised here.

The book only contains original routines so nothing from the Penguin Lecture. 100% new.

About the card skills level, everything is quite easy to do. In some cases, a "with sleight" option is explained, and there always an easy version described so everyone can handle the effects.

The book is available directly from my website (or send me an email), with free shipping worldwide.
Marc O
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
755 Posts

Profile of Marc O
Made a mistake when a couple of days ago I try to send Vincent a email.
Message got stucked in my outbox.

Have send Vincent a new email and got a reply within 2 hours, great service!

Just ordered the book.
Looking forward to reading it.
pawel
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of pawel
Vincent - you got me interested. Can you tell us a bit more on the coin effects included? Do they have to be gimmicks? If I'm asking too much please pm me.
“Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.”
Vincent Hedan
View Profile
New user
France
46 Posts

Profile of Vincent Hedan
Quote:
On Aug 12, 2015, pawel wrote:
Can you tell us a bit more on the coin effects included? Do they have to be gimmicks?

Almost any gimmick can be replaced by sleights Smile I prefer to use the gimmick I suggest in the book, it makes the effect self-working and this particular gimmick can be easily found in any magic shop for a cheap price. It can also be used for other great magic and mentalism effects, so it won't be a one-trick poney.
Marc O
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
755 Posts

Profile of Marc O
Book arrived at my door today.
Vincent was kind enough to sign it.
Thank you Vincent, will enjoy the read!
David Diamond
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of David Diamond
The name Vincent Hedan may not be a household name to many of us. Totally new to me, but keep your eye on this young man because his new book is wonderful! Very well written and easy to follow . You can tell Vincent has worked these routines because of the detail he goes into. Close up and stage routines are detailed and I can honestly see myself using at least 3 of his routines in my professional work. If I had got one idea I would have been happy, never mind 3 routines. This book is way under priced, considering the price mentalism books currently sell for. I would recommend that you get yourself a copy while you can, you won't be disappointed. Some very clever thinking!
Marc O
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
755 Posts

Profile of Marc O
David, iff Vincent is a new name to you then I would advice you to have a look at his Penguin Lecture.
Some great stuff to find in his lecture!
David Diamond
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of David Diamond
Thank you Marc O, Just watched his lecture. Again some very clever thinking and nice routines. For a young guy he has certainly invented a lot of quality routines.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Vincent is a good guy and great Mentalist.
I'm about to finally place my order for this fantastic sounding book.
I had the pleasure of emailing him about a problem related to another product of his.
(Absolutely no fault of his, the distributor neglected to include a instruction booklet for his book test.
They should have easily handled the problem but didn't.
One fast email to Vincent, with proof of purchase of course, and he handled it.
Thanks again Vincent Smile

Anyway, I'm excited to give this a read, and then a review Smile

Can't wait.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
ferryascanio
View Profile
Loyal user
Jakarta - Indonesia
264 Posts

Profile of ferryascanio
Does the gimmicks easy to make?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Vincent Hedan Your Mind is My Playground (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL