The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cube FX (74 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Just got this today and went straight to the How to Solve DVD to get my cube in proper shape. Having watched multiple YouTube videos on how to solve, (But never really learning it all the way through), I've got to say that this was the easiest "Basic Solution" instructions I've ever seen. It will take a little while to get the few formulas committed to memory but I was easily able to solve my cube by just following his steps on the DVD without getting confused. In fact, getting the first two layers solved was easy peasy and can do that now with minimal practice. Looking forward to watching the tricks sections now.
Denis Behr
View Profile
Special user
Germany
703 Posts

Profile of Denis Behr
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2015, Heinstein wrote:
As I suspected, the idea of having two cubes match goes back quite a ways. Thanks to Thomas Fraps for pointing out this reference. Some of you may want to check it out if you can find it.

"The Sympathetic Cubes" effect originated and was first described in a great little booklet called "Rubik Cubik Magik" by Dr. Kennedy Smith in 1982 (on p. 16), ISBN 0950823805 Kanda Publications

Sorry Greg, Garrett, Gregory and Patrick, looks like he beat you by about 2 decades.

Four methods have actually been published one year before, in 1981, here: http://www.conjuringarchive.com/show.php......74,46492
Waters.
View Profile
Special user
703 Posts

Profile of Waters.
Guys,

A couple questions:

1. To be clear, is there a prediction routine with two cubes matching on this DVD set?
2. Is there anyone chance this may be provided as a download or streaming product?

I travel, so this helps a lot if so.

This product sounds great.

Thanks,

Sean
wandering star
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of wandering star
Quote:
On Jan 26, 2017, Waters. wrote:
Guys,

A couple questions:

1. To be clear, is there a prediction routine with two cubes matching on this DVD set?
2. Is there anyone chance this may be provided as a download or streaming product?

I travel, so this helps a lot if so.

This product sounds great.

Thanks,

Sean

To 1: Yes there is/ are
to 2: as far as I know there is no streaming available (personally speaking I am glad they offer a DVD which is produced in a very high quality manner covering all important aspects in detail)

This routine, possible with regular cubes, is one of the best purchases I have made - and is fun to do and with a special preparation absolutely stunning.

My question (since I haven't joined the existing facebook-group) referring to the routine John teaches: knowing the algorithms necessary to solve a cube "the fast way" I would appreciate getting to know a "teaching tool" or hints available on how to use/ position fingers to optimize the speed solving the cube. Hoping someone still reads this thread from time to time (maybe a speed cuber or John himself?)
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
839 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
Badmephisto's website is Steven Brundage's recommendation for learning more on speed cubing. A simple google search should also yield other worthwhile results from youtube channels, webpages, and the like. The beginner's method can get you sub 1-minute with practice, which to most people seems quite fast. It's up to the individual whether it is worth the effort to shave off those seconds, but to those who do it, the journey itself can be enjoyable. Smile
wandering star
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of wandering star
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2017, sgtgrey wrote:
Badmephisto's website is Steven Brundage's recommendation for learning more on speed cubing. A simple google search should also yield other worthwhile results from youtube channels, webpages, and the like. The beginner's method can get you sub 1-minute with practice, which to most people seems quite fast. It's up to the individual whether it is worth the effort to shave off those seconds, but to those who do it, the journey itself can be enjoyable. Smile

Thank you for your reply - I will check out the website. Actually my time is about 50 sec. - I haven't tried Jon's approach of CubeFX in front of an audience for I think I'm just too slow ... (and Karl's routine works so well that I haven't left the old beaten tracks yet).And I think I have to be faster and finger-positioning is crucial to improve time - and yes, it is enjoyable working with the cube
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cube FX (74 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL