The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Mac King Eats Guinea Pig - FUNNY trick! (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Daniel Ulzen
View Profile
Elite user
Berlin/Germany
491 Posts

Profile of Daniel Ulzen
There is a funny video where you can see how magician Mac King eats a real Guinea Pig in one of his live shows:

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/magician-eats-g......805.html

I am sure the trick would get strong reactions from a family-audience.

And with some thought it should be possible to really do the trick without hurting some of the children.
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Except it's not Mac King's. It was originally done 20 or more years ago by Harry Anderson.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Quote:
On Aug 10, 2015, Daniel Ulzen wrote:
And with some thought it should be possible to really do the trick without hurting some of the children.

Sure it is - just stop eating after the guinea pig, and don't try to eat the kids.
SteveWoyce
View Profile
New user
Family Entertainer
11 Posts

Profile of SteveWoyce
Replace the guinea pig with a large cake! Funny, amazing, and no calls from Peta! lol
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
Quote:
On Aug 10, 2015, Starrpower wrote:
Except it's not Mac King's. It was originally done 20 or more years ago by Harry Anderson.

The trick actually dates very much prior to Harry Anderson's performing it.
I THINK the original apparatus was made/sold by Hamilton.

Julie
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Original apparatus was made by Lloyd in the 1950's. Warren Hamilton also made one but it was painted not a natural wood finish.
Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
As Julie and Richard point out , the Lloyd Guinea Pig Box is an old item. In recent years it has been made by Viking Magic.

http://www.vikingmagic.com/Guinea-Pig-Box

I think the original presentation was to wrap the guinea pig in a piece of newspaper , then rip up the paper to show that the little critter had mysteriously vanished . I think the "eating" of the guinea pig was Harry Anderson's contribution . I'm sure that Mac King got Harry's permission to use that bit (since Harry is more or less retired) . And I think Mac's presentational touches are great , like calling the guinea pig "Colonel Sanders" .... "he's finger-licking good".

Here's Harry performing the trick on Saturday Night Live (1985) -

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/v......ue/n9337

Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
We used to switch the guinea pig for a rolled and formed piece of cotton, walk forward and then, with appropriate patter, tear the little fellow to bits!

BTW Viking modified the design of their later production run to eliminate the side door and have the entire front of the cage (bars) hinge down to permit easier(?) access to the rodent. IMO the side door is still the preferred approach.

Julie
Eldon
View Profile
Inner circle
Virden, IL
1137 Posts

Profile of Eldon
I used to eat a dove using a similar method. I only did it for adults. It always a great response.
Gerry Walkowski
View Profile
Inner circle
1450 Posts

Profile of Gerry Walkowski
I first saw Ken & Robertta Griffin perform this trick in the early Seventies. I could be wrong, but I believe they just tore the guinea pig up after making the switch.

Gerry
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
The only problem with performing the Guinea Pig Chest is that you must replace the Guinea Pig periodically because the buggers just keep growing and growing and growing.

Julie
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
Not saying this is it but what they are eating looks like Cotton Candy. YUM
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Quote:
On Aug 11, 2015, Julie wrote:
The only problem with performing the Guinea Pig Chest is that you must replace the Guinea Pig periodically because the buggers just keep growing and growing and growing.

Julie

Maybe you have Tribbles.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
Yep, Jay, that's the trouble...

J
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On Aug 11, 2015, Julie wrote:

Julie

For some, that's not a bad thing. In South America, they're raised for meat.
magicdaniel21
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of magicdaniel21
Does anyone know what Mac actually eats? I assume he must have a cotton candy maker and uses white cotton candy. do you happen to know? Daniel
magicdaniel21
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of magicdaniel21
Any ideas on some fun methods to produce a guinea pig before going into the box bit?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Mac King Eats Guinea Pig - FUNNY trick! (6 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL