The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Penn & Teller Fool Us season 2 episode 6 (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
LesL
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of LesL
This video no longer available.
Claudio
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1946 Posts

Profile of Claudio
Yes it is. It might just depends from which country you're in.
nlokers
View Profile
Regular user
Grand Rapids, MI
142 Posts

Profile of nlokers
alicauchy
View Profile
Veteran user
Málaga, Spain
310 Posts

Profile of alicauchy
I have no access to either of them ;-((
So much to do, so little time . . .
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
jeebs9
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of jeebs9
I love when you guys post videos. It always makes my day.
BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
West of Boston, East of Eden
887 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
That's quite a show with the Wilsons and Sankey plus the girl with the cards. But I admit to being stumped and would appreciate one of you smart folks PM'ing me to tell me how she did the trick.

Thanks,
David
nlokers
View Profile
Regular user
Grand Rapids, MI
142 Posts

Profile of nlokers
My guess was that there was a relevant move edited out.
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Quote:
On Aug 13, 2015, nlokers wrote:

My guess was that there was a relevant move edited out.

There was nothing edited out.
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
nlokers
View Profile
Regular user
Grand Rapids, MI
142 Posts

Profile of nlokers
Are you suggesting that if I was there in person and watching her during those times that the camera cut to Jonathan that I wouldn't see her do anything even remotely suspicious even while her back was to the audience? Or are you just suggesting that there was nothing cut from the video that the audience would have seen?
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Quote:
On Aug 13, 2015, nlokers wrote:

Are you suggesting that if I was there in person and watching her during those times that the camera cut to Jonathan that I wouldn't see her do anything even remotely suspicious even while her back was to the audience? Or are you just suggesting that there was nothing cut from the video that the audience would have seen?

I am not suggesting it, I am stating it as fact.
~Cliff Green

~ John Northern Hilliard
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Plus, Penn gave two names of very prominent magicians (of this subforum, no less) that totally gave the method away. Laypeople have no idea what Penn's little "innuendos" in his talks afterward reference, but most magicians can figure out exactly what he means and those are the clues as to him knowing the method without "revealing" it to the world.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Quote:
On Aug 13, 2015, Poof-Daddy wrote:
Plus, Penn gave two names of very prominent magicians (of this subforum, no less) that totally gave the method away. Laypeople have no idea what Penn's little "innuendos" in his talks afterward reference, but most magicians can figure out exactly what he means and those are the clues as to him knowing the method without "revealing" it to the world.

True, but there is more to it than just a memorized deck.
~Cliff Green

~ John Northern Hilliard
BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
887 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
I agree. In fact, I don't see how a memdeck helps when the cards are randomized (or not) and a single card merely remembered. No one-way deck either. The camera showed both her hand and his, so no loading of an 8D. The count was done face down, so suppose faces are being hidden for a reason. But you can't force someone's shuffled visual selection, can you? no manipulation of the specific card at any point before the reveal. This is a real fooler.... for me at least, but I admit that I'm a rank novice.
BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
887 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
OK, pretty sure I got it -- or at least a way it COULD be done.
Cain
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
1553 Posts

Profile of Cain
I wonder if she was hoping they would guess the method relied on marked cards.

I remember a couple of Swedish guys who did a card-to-mouth which "fooled" Penn & Teller because used a move to make it *seem* like a switch had taken place. Just bad magic.
Ellusionst discussing the Arcane Playing cards: "Michaelangelo took four years to create the Sistine Chapel masterpiece... these took five."

Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes: "You know Einstein got bad grades as a kid? Well, mine are even worse!"
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Yes... Good thinking.... But nevertheless, one important goal using a MD should be always to exclude the possible thinking of a m...ed deck as this is often the only possible explanation for a layman when using a MD... Unfortunately it was not taken care of that here. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Quote:
On Aug 14, 2015, JanForster wrote:
Yes... Good thinking.... But nevertheless, one important goal using a MD should be always to exclude the possible thinking of a m...ed deck as this is often the only possible explanation for a layman when using a MD... Unfortunately it was not taken care of that here. Jan

How many laymen do you think know of the existence of the memorized deck?
~Cliff Green

~ John Northern Hilliard
Ricardo Delgado
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of Ricardo Delgado
He was talking about m_ _ _ed decks, not memdecks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Penn & Teller Fool Us season 2 episode 6 (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL